14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2002, 08:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX33849 (currently 460)
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up From the desk of El Aggie Presidente

Hi fellow Texas Cobra Club members,

This is my first post as El Aggie Presidente so I felt I should first comment on the “ STATE OF THE TCC”. It’s FREAK’IN AWESOME!!!!!!!! Now that we are clear on that here’s the rest of the stuff I wanted to say.

This weekend will rank way up there with the best times in my entire life. 57 or 58 Cobras was amazing to see and hear. It’s been said before, the cars are good but it’s the PEOPLE that make this club great! Every year we get more people and the club just keeps getting better.

A huge thanks goes out to the Austin guys! I don’t know how you do it but every year you guys out do yourselves. The planning and coordination that you guys put into this event is truly amazing and you all deserve a big pat on the back.

Joe Z, Thanks for the use of your ranch! It was the perfect setting and the port-o-potty thing was a stroke of genius.

To the Stretch Williams Band, you guys are good! I wish I could have stayed longer. Thanks a ton.

To the Houston Group…..Way to go guys! We have gone from taking 1 car to Austin the first year and 4 cars the second year, to 13 cars this year. Let’s keep at it!

Stretch and Tom have set a pretty high bar as El Presidente I & II and there are many things I have learned from them.

From Stretch I have learned that I should never even think about picking up a guitar because I don’t want to defile an instrument that he clearly has mastered. Also don’t pick on Cobras with 700+ hp because they will leave you in the dust.

From Tom I learned that I must hug ALL the women, I need a presidential hat and never wear loose fitting pants around Kingair. I also learned some other stuff but we won’t go into that.

To Vicki, Paul Cass, Matt Tice, Tom Durahm, Ryan, and the host of other Aggies in the club, THEY LET ONE OF US BE EL PRESIDENTE. (snicker, snicker) And they make jokes about us…….HA!

From all the rest of you, I learned that Cobra people are the best, and I look forward to the time I get to spend with you guys. Thank you very much for the honor of being your target of abuse….I mean El Presenente for the upcoming year.

Look out, my plan is to jump into “Aggie Cobra 1” and cruise at break neck speeds to a Cobra meeting near you as the year goes on. (Ryan, that means one in San Antonio too ) The Austin event is our big event of the year but that does not mean that we can’t get together more often in a more informal sense.

I am still looking for my secret service protection team. I told Matt T and Gary M that I was going to have secret service women and they graciously offered to train them for me. Aren’t they great guys!

Here is my challenge to the membership. We all know someone that has a Cobra that sits in their garage or storage facility that rarely gets to bask in the sun ( As Cobras like to do). OR we know someone that is building or wants to build a Cobra. The Challenge is to get those people from the point of just Cobra owners and ‘wanabes’ to Cobra drivers. Let’s get them on the street and to our club events. If each of you will work on this, just think of the fun (not to mention the picture) we will get to have at next years event!

Dennis “Cobraden” Mosley
El Aggie Presidente

Last edited by Dennis Mosley; 02-24-2002 at 09:49 PM..
Old 02-24-2002, 09:34 PM
The Royal Rhubarb
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #495,427SO, Stroked
Send a message via AIM to ERA600hp
Not Ranked     
Unhappy Dang

Dang!!

Why couldn't I write something like that??

The Royal Rhubarb
AKA: ERA 600hp
Old 02-25-2002, 07:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR3200, Carbed 351W, IRS, TKO600 RR
Not Ranked     
Wink Working on it...

We're going to try and get things started in San Antonio by mid-summer. Brady's car should be done well before then and mine will be mostly done, but probably lacking paint...I guess I'll go with the road warrior look for a little while. There are also two/three other cars being built but I don't know their time-frame.

There are only two other finished cars that I have seen around here, but there are probably others sitting somewhere in a garage. We should get some guys from Houston and Austin to come up/down as well. It's easy to get publicity especially in our fine San Antonio paper (there's not much to write about around here).

Ryan
FFR3200 Comp - NASA #27 (ST-1)
TCC President '03
www.cuttingedgeracing.com
Old 02-25-2002, 07:19 AM
The Royal Rhubarb
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #495,427SO, Stroked
Send a message via AIM to ERA600hp
Not Ranked     
Talking Have Trailer Will Travel

Let us know at least a month in advance, and several of us from Dallas will come down.
Old 02-25-2002, 07:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR1358 (Sold)
Not Ranked     

Ryan; Get those San Antonio monthly meets going with those guys. Remember rain or shine, Cobras or no Cobras. It's the Cobra fellowship that counts. Everything else will fall into place. Your always welcome to join the Austin bunch for brunch.
Old 02-25-2002, 07:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane 427 Cobra #HM2008, Craft Performance 427w 600hp/600tq, TKO-600 close ratio, original Smiths gauges, lucas switches
Send a message via Yahoo to bwcobra15 Send a message via Skype™ to bwcobra15
Not Ranked     
Default Have SPF, Will Travel

when we get ours, we would *LOVE* to drive down the River Road from Canyon Lake to Guene - woo hoo!! Count us in - !!

I love it and I need it I bleed it ~ Yeah it's a wild hurricane ~ Alright, hold tight, I'm a highway star!!
Old 02-25-2002, 08:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SUPERFORMANCE,460 BIG BLOCK
Not Ranked     

CONGRATULATIONS-----DENNIS
I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO THE NEXT YEAR UNDER YOUR STEERING AND AM EXCITED TO HELP KEEP OUR HOUSTON BUNCH GROWING....IF YOU NEED ANY HELP JUST LET ME KNOW......MORGAN
Old 02-25-2002, 03:51 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CMC, 351 Cleveland, Dual Quads, C6
Not Ranked     

Congrats Dennis! I know you will do a fine job as Prez since you are as obsessed with Cobras as the rest of us. I guess the man with the most carbs won! We all had a great time in Austin even though I was not driving my Cobra. Later, David Shelton.