Old 03-04-2002, 06:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Tulsa

So is it too early to talk about Tulsa?

What is the scoop?

I am wanting to do some more stuff to the trailer but want to know about the trip.

I had an air conditioner and a side awning put on the trailer and got me a generator. I am wanting to do some other things as well. Is there any reason to bring a grill? I was thinking about bringing one for the Friady night shindig.

What Hotel? Are they going to put a temp pole in for us? What about the golf carts? I have a cool one I could bring but do not know if it will fit in the trailer with the car. When is everyone going up and when is everyone coming back?

You guys have said this was the most fun event of the year so talk to me about it. I want to be geared up for it.

Talk to me.

Ferrari Killer
Steve Parks
Old 03-04-2002, 06:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane 427 Cobra #HM2008, Craft Performance 427w 600hp/600tq, TKO-600 close ratio, original Smiths gauges, lucas switches
Send a message via Yahoo to bwcobra15 Send a message via Skype™ to bwcobra15
Not Ranked     
Default Mid-America Ford Performance and Shelby Meet

Here is the information I got off a postcard I received in the mail a few weeks ago:

===============================
Make Your Plans ... It's Tulsa Time!!
Mid-America Ford Performance & Shelby Meet
June 13 - 16, 2002
  • Wednesday: Early Registration, Marriott, 5 p.m.
  • Thursday: Open Track, Cruiz'n Tulsa
  • Friday: Open Track, Evening Social, Seminars
  • Saturday: Open Track, Drag Racing, Evening Program
  • Sunday: All Ford Super Show, Awards Program
  • Swap Meet Every Day at Each Location

Hotel Headquarters: Marriott Southern Hills, 918-492-7000
For More Information, Contact Jim at 918-256-7121
David at dapgar@prodigy.net or Randy at 918-274-1352
Advertizing and Sponsorships Currently Available
Contact Jim at 918-256-7735
See you in Tulsa!!!
===============================

We are busting at the seams to go!!! This year Anneliese and the kids are coming - plus Anneliese's gorgeous niece from Great Britian, Liese (prounced: LEE-za) - woo hoo!! So we will be coming in two cars --- Margaritaville here we come...

I love it and I need it I bleed it ~ Yeah it's a wild hurricane ~ Alright, hold tight, I'm a highway star!!
Old 03-05-2002, 05:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Bobby,
Thanks. Hey I did not even know you had kids! How old are they? We are going to take the kids as well. We have got alot of things to do before going. We are trying to find somthing fun for our kids to do one day and have just a kid day while we are there. Maybe we could all plan something together for the kids? i don't want them to be bored the whole time so we are trying to plan around them as well.

Shelby is 8
Chris is 5

Who else is taking the kids?

May be we could get a second margarita machine and put slushies in it for the younguns? We rented one for our party and it works really well putting coolaid in it.

Ferrari Killer
Steve Parks
Old 03-05-2002, 06:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane 427 Cobra #HM2008, Craft Performance 427w 600hp/600tq, TKO-600 close ratio, original Smiths gauges, lucas switches
Send a message via Yahoo to bwcobra15 Send a message via Skype™ to bwcobra15
Not Ranked     

Steve,

I have a son and daughter still at home. By this June, Nick will be 16 and Alesha 13. My oldest son Brandon is 19 and in the Navy. (yes, I'm an old fart - I just don't look it I guess)

We might go up a few days early - we have friends that are restoring an old 1930's D-X gas service station and DeSoto car dealership next door on old Route 66 in Afton, OK. The dealership will be a Packard Museum. See: http://www.postcardsfromtheroad.com/afton.shtml

Also I want to check out some drive-in movie theaters still open in Carthage, Missouri (66 Drive-In) and Tulsa (Admiral Twin), and a few other Route 66 icons along the way...

Also joining us will be Anneliese's niece Liese who is coming to visit us from England (Anneliese's home country) for a few weeks. Liese will be turning 30 this summer.

We definitely plan on having some family outings while in Tulsa instead of just going to the track every day and watching the cars go roundy-round.

I love it and I need it I bleed it ~ Yeah it's a wild hurricane ~ Alright, hold tight, I'm a highway star!!
Old 03-05-2002, 06:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via AIM to ThePidler
Not Ranked     
Default Fun in Tulsa

Hey guys,

One fun thing to would be to make the trip to Bartlesville, ('bout and hour North), and go to Woolaroc Museum

Here's an excerpt from the Bartlesville home page. It's quite a place!
Will Rogers said, "Of all the places in the United States, Woolaroc is the most unique."

Deriving its name from WOODS, LAKES, and ROCKS, Woolaroc was the ranch retreat for Phillips Petroleum founder Frank Phillips. "Uncle Frank" hosted U.S. Presidents, dignitaries, tycoons, heroes and stars of the day on his sprawling ranch southwest of Bartlesville.

Woolaroc has evolved into a museum and wildlife preserve. The museum houses over 55,000 pieces including some of the Southwest's greatest collections of western and worldwide art, relics and exhibits. The open air wildlife preserve allows American, South American and African wildlife to roam freely in natural enclosures.

From early spring to late fall, the North Road Tour features a five-mile drive through some of the most beautiful portions of the Woolaroc preserve. This tour includes a stop at an authentic restoration of an 1840's Trader's Camp where true to life mountain-men offer a glimpse of early settler living.

Tammi and I are both from Tulsa and will be in attendace at this event FOR SURE!!!!
Old 03-05-2002, 01:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Bobby,
WOW I did not know. You must have been ten when the first was born. Shame on you!

Greg,
Yea right! We've all heard that "Tammi's comming this trip" before.

We are just wanting to make sure the "little ones" have fun as well.

Ferrari Killer
Steve Parks