12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31  

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2002, 10:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX33849 (currently 460)
Not Ranked     
Default Hey Houston, How about a cook out?

Hi there Ladies and gents!

Got an idea for something a little different for the August meet. Why don't we do a cook out? Everyone one could bring a little something and we could start a fire....fire good.... and burn some meat and socialize. We could do it at a park somewhere or I would even offer up Casa de Dennis for the event (unless Paul R has a better place near a private body of water....hint hint...). Give me some feed back and let me know what you think.

Dennis
"el Aggie presidente"
Old 07-22-2002, 05:38 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CMC, 351 Cleveland, Dual Quads, C6
Not Ranked     

Sounds good! How about something a little ways out of Houston? East or North? I'm game for anything. New Carrera coilovers on the way and I need to put some miles on them. Later, David.
Old 07-23-2002, 05:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

You may want to consider Bear Creek park. It is off of Hwy 6 just north of I-10. It is a large public park with large open spaces. Plenty of parking.
Old 07-23-2002, 06:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Dennis - Brandy and I are in. We'll be happy to bring a dish or two. Unfortunately, I don't have any good ideas as to where we should go, but nonetheless, have Cobra and will travel!

Who else has a meeting place in mind?

Scott, SPF#1230
Old 07-23-2002, 07:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

sounds like this is coming together. Anyone have any ideas on the east side of town? I don't think we have ever met over on that side of town.

Since it will be August maybe we should think of having it in the late afternoon to miss the hottest part of the day...just a thought. I don't know of anyplace that we can have fire and AC unless we do it at my house so evening may be our best bet.
Old 07-24-2002, 03:54 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: N/A
Not Ranked     

El Presidente,
Sounds good to me. I will come even if Alan is overseas. Let us know where and when and I will bring the potato salad.

Rebecca Peterson
La Mujer Aggie
Old 07-24-2002, 02:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Dennis,sounds like a great idea.Just let us know when,where,and what I can bring.Thanks,Pete.
Old 07-28-2002, 07:06 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Any parks? Near Baytown? Something North ? Hell, I don't know where anything is!
Old 07-28-2002, 09:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SUPERFORMANCE,460 BIG BLOCK
Not Ranked     
Cool

DENNIS ---FOR FUTURE REFERENCE---SUSAN AND I TOOK THE COBRA UP TO THE WINE BAR BEHIND VINCENTS/NINO'S--THE PARKING IS SUCH THAT YOU CAN PARK BY THE OUTDOOR SEATING----HAVE GOOD MUSIC AND IT IS FUN WATCHING EVERYONE LOOK AT THE CAR---YOU CAN EAT THERE OR GO TO VINCENTS/NINO'S---MIGHT BE A GOOD PLACE FOR AN EARLY EVENING MEET.....MORGAN
Old 07-28-2002, 03:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

If you are looking for a spot on the East side of Harris County, consider the San Jacinto State Park (and monument) on Battleground Road, off of Hwy. 225 - has decent roads, BBQ pits, a lot of good sized trees, and the museum in the air conditioned monument (not sure of the days/times, though).
Frank Newman
Old 07-30-2002, 08:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett-Morrison 331 ,blown,injected stroker
Not Ranked     

Hey Dennis,
You know the old Bull loves to eat. I think Bear Creek Park is
a great idea, or the San Jacinto monument. Just let me know
when and where.
TomBullDurham
PS. my new e-mail address is tdurham@heritagetexas.com
Old 08-02-2002, 12:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ok everyone,

I contacted the San Jacinto Monument state park and they do have picnic facilities. They also have a covered pavillion that we could rent for $50 for the day. Would everyone be willing to pitch in 5 or 6 bucks to cover the pavillion of would you rather just show up and use what ever is available.

I think the pavillion would be good as we would have a way to get out of the sun. Also while we are there, we can check out the museum and the monument.

Go to http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/park/bat...isitor.htm#fee to see the fees for all the attractions.

Let me know. They have the pivillion open next Saturday and I told them I would call on Monday if we wanted to reserve it.
Old 08-02-2002, 08:52 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Sounds good to me. Let me know what we need. David.
Old 08-04-2002, 03:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I like the pavillion idea. I'd be happy to throw in $5 or $6 bucks. What time should we meet at the park? We also need to talk about the menu. And, why don't we set up a Sugar Land convoy (Dennis, Bill, Galt, myself)?

Scott, SPF#1230
Old 08-05-2002, 08:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Let me know when the Sugar Land group is heading out and maybe Emily & I can fall in. e-mail me.
Old 08-05-2002, 08:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Dennis,sounds like a great outing.We plan on being there. Let me know if I can bring anything.Thanks,Pete.
Old 08-05-2002, 03:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Boyd - Will do. As soon as we get everyone to agree on a time for the cookout, we'll set a Sugar Land caravan time. Stay tuned.....

Scott, SPF#1230
Old 08-06-2002, 08:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ok here is where we are:

Naja was kind enough to cruise out to the park and take a look around. he said the pavillion was pretty small and some distance from the air conditioned facilities. He also thought he saw a NO Alcohol sign.

I called the park and they sent me the contracts and the rules. They indeed have an alcohol ban in the park so this may deter some of our beer drinkers...kind of goes with fire. They also suggest that we bring our own grills. I quote "Yes there is a grill there but I would suggest bringing your own because the one there is pretty nasty"

I have gotten some private emails from some of the gang expressing great concern about the August temp and the West Nile Virus mosquito problem.

On the plus side, the park will block off parking for us and we would have the pavillion from 10 till 6 (really till 9)

Give me a little quick input because time is running short and I have to finalize this tonight so people know where and when to show up. I also need to get the contract signed and back to the park If we don't do the picnic this month I will plan it for a cooler month.
Old 08-06-2002, 05:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Dennis - If we don't have enough interest for the picnic idea, we can save it for a cooler month.
Now, as I understand it, mosquitos that carry the West Nile Virus can't fly 70 MPH. So in an effort to outpace those pesky insects, we could set up a cruise instead. Yes, it will be hot, but we probably won't get bit either. Maybe Fayetteville for lunch?????? Or how about a morning cruise before it gets too hot?
I'm flexible, whatever works for the group, works for me.
Who else has an opinion out there? Let's hear 'em.

Scott, SPF#1230
Old 08-06-2002, 06:42 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

My car isn't very hot when it is moving. Postponing BBQ 'til cooler weather may be good idea. Fayetteville is a hell of a long drive for me, so I may have to pass. I have no ideas.