16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2002, 04:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Wink Charmer - Worley - I found your new guitar!!

Stretch - Bobby - a little case of insomnia this morning for me, so I decided to surf e-bay for Cobra stuff. I found just what you guys need to be a Cobra rock star!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...item=920611613

http://texascobraclub.com

Last edited by SilverCobra; 11-17-2002 at 06:25 PM..
Old 11-17-2002, 05:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 454 S.O.
Not Ranked     

Man, Shelby will do anything for money. What a joke.

“If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower.”

Mark Donahue
Old 11-17-2002, 05:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: EM cobra, 450 inch sbc running a best ET of 9.14..so far..ALL MOTOR...approx 800 horse.............ERA with 482 FE..All Aluminum Engine
Send a message via Yahoo to Hotfingrs
Not Ranked     

Let's do the math...with a reserve price of $7499.00 divided by how much more power I could put in my car for the price = the guitar can never put the kind of grin on my face that more power would.....
Old 11-17-2002, 06:05 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #586, 535hp.460
Not Ranked     
Talking You should have come on the SCAT Texas 289!

Dick,Stretch & Bobby,
You should have come on ther SCAT Texas 289! These guitars were present at the event, and if memory serves, ther price was around $4999.00, which is still quite a rip off in my humble opinion only. Bobby, did you see them when you came to the event? I do have a couple of pictures of them I took at Shelby's ranch in Pittsburg on Saturday, but I didn't pick up a brochure since I had no interest in them and didn't figure I knew anyone else that would at that pricing level. It will be interesting to see if they get any other bids, since they show a reserve price of $7499 on the Yellow one!
I have a hunch they are going to have to re-think their marketing strategedy on this one.
John Russell
Old 11-17-2002, 06:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA Cobra #273, 427 S/O, ERA GT-40 #2057, Excalibur Cobra.
Not Ranked     

GAAWWWD DAMMMM - - - -

WHAT THE HELL IS COMMING NEXT ???

* * * CARROLL SHELBY HOLY PICTURES/CARDS ???

* * * ORIGINAL SHELBY COBRA ROSARY BEADS ???

GIVE THE BOY CREDIT - - IF THERE'S A BUCK TO BE HAD, MADE, CAJOLED, CONNED, SUCKERED OR STOLEN, MS. SHELBY'S BABY BOY WILL BE THERE TAKE IT !!!

"GUITARS" ???? THE MAN IS SURE PADDLING DOWN THE CREEK OF "UNMITIGATED GALL".

THAT'S TANTAMONT TO THE POPE SIGNING "MINIATURES" OF HIS BIG HAT AND PEDDLEING THEM ON THE STREET CORNERS OF THE VATICAN.

OR O.J. SIMPSON SITTING ON THE COURTHOUSE STEPS SELLING "SIGNED" REPLICAS OF THE BLACK LEATHER GLOVES.

I GUESS I'LL GO GET A CUP OF COFFEE, A COLD BEER, TAKE A NAP AND THEN WATCH MY REDSKINS PRETEND TO BE A PROFESSIONAL SPORTS FRANCHISE.

Y'ALL HAVE AREALLY GREAT DAY,

BLACKJACK
Old 11-17-2002, 07:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Butler with home-rebuilt 393 Cleveland stroker(Ya---ikes!)
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Uh-h-h-h BLACKJACK, I dunno how to break this to you, BUTT:

1. O. J. DID do exactly that! So did most of the members of the "Dream Team"!!!
2. Shelby is offering 2 (TWO) versions of the new "Shelby Riding Mower"---BB and SB, of course!
3. Shelby is also marketing (aside from his chili sauce):
-peanut butter
-"Shelby Speed Shift" underarm deoderant
-Carrol Shelby Chi-pet likenesses ('busts")
-a CS "transformer" toy---it converts a normal, well-heeled Shelby cobra-client into a mumbling pauper!
-Carrol Shelby lawn-fertilizer (free if you buy both versions of the rider-mowers--a mere $220,000 outlay): the "Lawn Chili" (as it's marketed) is composed of shredded Shelby brochures---oddly, it's indistinguishable from Melorganite!
-CS Pogo sticks (complete with autographed roll-bar, to conform to all Lefty safety-nazi regs)
-CS autographed aftershave (smells oddly like racing-fuel)
-and finally........CS autographed underwear---doubly absorbant in those "critical areas"
Old 11-18-2002, 12:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hey and don't forget that the CS Pogo sticks have the rivets in the right location and count!
Old 11-18-2002, 07:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane 427 Cobra #HM2008, Craft Performance 427w 600hp/600tq, TKO-600 close ratio, original Smiths gauges, lucas switches
Send a message via Yahoo to bwcobra15 Send a message via Skype™ to bwcobra15
Not Ranked     
Default John,

John,

I did not see the guitars in person, but I did post some pictures with the guitars in the background on the SCAT web site at www.Scatracks.org ---

...as for me, I'll just stick to my good ol' $500 Fender Stratocaster (..if they are good enough for SRV and Jimmie Vaughan, they are good enough for me ... ) and save my $$$ for a Superformance Cobra!!

I love it and I need it I bleed it ~ Yeah it's a wild hurricane ~ Alright, hold tight, I'm a highway star!!
Old 11-18-2002, 07:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

What a ripoff is right!! I am a guitar builder and I tell you the hard cost of those guitars i.e. wood, hardware, pickups, inlay, paint etc. is about $400.00. I can also bet that the wood working was all done on a CNC machine and not much hand work, save paint, buff out, and fret work if any. I am waiting for the Official C.S. autographed toilet seat.
Old 11-18-2002, 08:17 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #122 (Sold) : Ford GT #484 Heritage Edition; 2008 GT500 Red/Black
Not Ranked     

Now I have to say that Carroll had nothing to do with these...if people want to start yelling its the Marketing group thats putting out anything and everything with Shelby's name on it to make a buck....Someone asked Carroll about them at the show and he said "Hell I don't know what the hell they are...talk to Steve"

Matt
2006 Ford GT #484 Heritage Edition
2003 Hummer H1 OpenTop
2003 Hummer H1 Wagon
Old 11-18-2002, 08:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

BRIAN - -

I'D BE CAUTIOUS ABOUT ORDERING THE TOILET SEAT. IT MAY JUST COME WITH AN AUTOGRAPHED "BIG HAIRY BUTT !!

HEY - - YOU TEXANS - - HAS ANYBODY SEEN MY DRINKIN', CUSSIN', AND ENGINEERIN' BUDDY JAY NORDSTROM. I MISS HIM ON THE FORUM. I HAD HIS PHONE NUMBERS BUT THEY GOT LOST WITH ALL THE MOVING AROUND LATELY. I'D SURE APPRECIATE SOMEONE E-MAILING HIS NUMBERS TO ME AGAIN. I'D LIKE TO CALL HIM TO SAY "HI". I WORRY ABOUT FRIENDS THAT I DON'T HEAR FROM FOR A WHILE.

THANKS, AND - - - -

Y'ALL HAVE A REALLY GREAT DAY,

BLACKJACK
Old 11-18-2002, 08:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane 427 Cobra #HM2008, Craft Performance 427w 600hp/600tq, TKO-600 close ratio, original Smiths gauges, lucas switches
Not Ranked     

Blackjack: I saw Jay drinking heavily at Greg (Kingair) and Vicki's wedding on Saturday... last I saw he was dancing with some 20-something and wearing a lampshade (but then I was seeing Pink Elephants myself by 10pm so what do I know ) ...pictures at 11, stay tuned...

Hey Matt - would that be "Steve" of Sanderson Sales and Marketing?? Why am I not surprised. Wow I can buy a $5,000 guitar and haul it around in my $120,000 1967 "Eleanor" Mustang... or I can continue to haul my $500 guitar around in my current $12,000 1968 "Worley" Mustang... hmmm.. leeme think about it...

I love it and I need it I bleed it ~ Yeah it's a wild hurricane ~ Alright, hold tight, I'm a highway star!!

Last edited by bwcobra15; 11-18-2002 at 09:05 AM..
Old 11-18-2002, 09:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

HEY, BOB - -

THANKS VERY MUCH FOR THE UPDATE. SOUNDS LIKE HE'S DOING ABOUT NORMAL.

TELL HIM I SAID HI - - AND TO "HOOK-UP" WITH ME SOME TIME.

BLACKJACK
Old 11-18-2002, 10:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Empty handed for the moment
Send a message via AIM to Snakecharmer
Not Ranked     

Hmmmmm, this is in form with his cars....ONE Shelby guitar or TEN Fender stratocasters. It's a matter of personal taste with the guitars, just as it is with the cars, but the quality is, as with the cars, just as good or better with the non-Shelby brand.

Stretch

I love the paint scheme
Old 11-18-2002, 10:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: E.R.A. FIA #2088 1964 289 w/Webers
Not Ranked     

Actually the cost is directly connected to the fact that the paint actually passed through the Shelby Facility before it shipped to the guitar manufacturer. Add that with all the extra shipping cost & add the 450 or so for materials & wala! Genuine Shebly guitar!
Old 11-18-2002, 11:32 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via ICQ to keithw
Not Ranked     

BLACKJACK<

Check your private messages. Sent you JAY's cell number.

Keith
Old 11-18-2002, 12:15 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #122 (Sold) : Ford GT #484 Heritage Edition; 2008 GT500 Red/Black
Not Ranked     

It could be Bobby I just didn't want to smear anyone's name...oh but the 120K elenor is worth is you get a ride with current technology.

Matt
2006 Ford GT #484 Heritage Edition
2003 Hummer H1 OpenTop
2003 Hummer H1 Wagon
Old 11-18-2002, 12:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SOLD: 2013 Boss 302 Mustang #2775 (both options). SOLD: 95 Mustang Cobra R #4 of 250 "Rosie's Diner" car. SOLD: CCX2-2505, #5 of 7 289 FIAs ever produced at Contemporary! my first Cobra: Unique 427SC w/ 428CJ moder!
Not Ranked     

But HOLD ON AMERICA!!!!!!

That's not all.....

you say you don't like music?
you can't play the guitar?
you hate people that dance?
you hate people that don't race?

Well, Carroll Shelby Enterpises has come up with something for everyone...

THAT'S RIGHT! Its the Carroll Shelby Limited Edition Flowbee Hair Cutting System!!!!!

Painted in the original Pearlescent Yellow color of the very first Cobra, the patented Carroll Shelby Flowbee Haircutting System will cut through that nasty pile of matted hair on your head, back or anywhere else...short and curlies included!!!!

It also comes with its very own serial number and is a limited edition...only 500 units will be produced...Yes, this is something everyone will want for the holidays.

Make sure YOU have the rare opportunity to drive your original Shelby replica Cobra while you eat some Shelby Chili Fixins while playing your Shelby gee-tar while you wait to pick up your wife after she got her Shelby Dodge Omini fixed, but she took too long because she went to the SAAC convention and waited in line for 5 hours to get Shelbys autograph but he didn't get there until late because he was busy shooting some scenes for the remake of the movie RollarBall that had a Shelby Series 1 in it and got blowed up, but the hero drove away in a Daytona Coupe and Shelby's attorneys couldn't sue him.
Old 11-19-2002, 06:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by BLACKJACK
HEY - - YOU TEXANS - - HAS ANYBODY SEEN MY DRINKIN', CUSSIN', AND ENGINEERIN' BUDDY JAY NORDSTROM. I MISS HIM ON THE FORUM. I HAD HIS PHONE NUMBERS BUT THEY GOT LOST WITH ALL THE MOVING AROUND LATELY. I'D SURE APPRECIATE SOMEONE E-MAILING HIS NUMBERS TO ME AGAIN. I'D LIKE TO CALL HIM TO SAY "HI". I WORRY ABOUT FRIENDS THAT I DON'T HEAR FROM FOR A WHILE.

BLACKJACK

Here is proof that Jay is alive and drinkin' -----
Attached Images

Old 11-19-2002, 07:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Talking

IS THAT JAY ??? IS THAT REALLY JAY ???

DARN - - IT LOOKS A LITTLE LIKE PIERCE BROSNAN - - - - -

* * * PUT ON SOME HAIR

* * * COLOR IT BROWN

* * * TAKE OFF ABOUT FORTY POUNDS

* * * SLIP ON ONE OF THOSE RUBBER MASKS

WHO WOULD EVER KNOW THE DIFFERENCE ???

OF COURSE, THE ACCENTS ARE A LITTLE BIT DIFFERENT BUT AFTER EIGHT OR NINE RAKIS JAY SOUNDS JUST LIKE HIM.

ALL THAT THAR KIDDIN' STUFF ASIDE - - IT'S GOOD TO KNOW THE ORNERY OLD CUSS IS STILL "VERTICAL" AND HASN'T BEEN ABDUCTED BY ALIENS.

JAY - - IF YOU'RE READING THIS - - - HI, OLD BUDDY, WE MISS YOU ON THE FORUM. ARE YOU COMMING TO DVSF III ??

IF'N Y'ALL AIN'T WATCHIN' YOR ELECTRONIC CONFUSER - - I HOPE ONE OF THE GOOD GUYS WILL PASS ON MY BEST REGARDS TO YOU.

BLACKJACK