Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2003, 04:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hey Bud.

Please don't take my comments wrong I am not trying to tee tee on everyones parade. Please! It is simply not worth the aggrevation to get the two kidsters up for a breakfast that no other kids (or wives for that matter) will be at.

You guys have fun and keep your plans. Don't change them just because of me. That was NOT the intent of the post. REALLY. I would love to see the Kirkham but I will see it in Austin. I am not trying to be a stick in the mud. The time simply does not work for me, thats it. You all have fun & see you next time.

Ferrari Killer
Steve Parks
Old 01-23-2003, 04:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Ford GT
Not Ranked     

Without stating any names, some of us do not have as much "insulation" as others (Matt and Gary), making this a little unfair in colder weather.

But, I'll be there. The only Red w/ White stripe SPF in North Texas will be represented.

David ( wondering how much clothing I'm gonna have to wear to be as "insulated" as Matt and Gary? )

Last edited by ItsOnlyMoney; 01-23-2003 at 04:58 PM..
Old 01-23-2003, 06:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CAV GT40 #169, Ford 408 Stroker & ZF Transaxle
Not Ranked     

I'm out. Up early all week and working tons of hours I'm not interested in getting up at 6:00 am on a Saturday even if I'm not driving a Cobra in 30 degrees. It's amazing how these plans keep changing. Summer months were to be breakfest and the rest of the months lunch and 1st Saturday of every month....

You guys are nuts!

Last edited by gsharapa; 01-23-2003 at 06:05 PM..
Old 01-24-2003, 06:33 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SHELBY GT500...slightly modified. Former owner of CSX4758..a GEM of a ride!
Not Ranked     

Hey Stevie tee tee.............Let the kids and wife sleep! LOL!

I'll be there....just say when and where.

The insulated one..........David..Austin could get scary for you!

Gary
Old 01-24-2003, 06:38 AM
Subsistance du serpent
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via Skype™ to James Baldwin
Not Ranked     

David... hahahahahaha

A few ERAs, SPFs, Shelbys, Kirkhams...
Old 01-24-2003, 06:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Guys, I like the ideas of our breakfasts and lunches,but Sharapata is 100% correct. We are supposed to be having lunches at 11:00 a.m. or so in the cold winter months. the mornings are for the warm summer days to avoid the unbearable heat that we SUFFER when we drive our sportscars .(poor us!) Some of the new members may not know this about our scheduling. With that said,I will also not be there for a 7:00 braekfast. Keep breakfasts for the warmer months and lunches for the colder months. Thats always been the way we do it ,so why are we changing?
Old 01-24-2003, 07:57 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #586, 535hp.460
Not Ranked     
Wink I'm in...still!!

Bud,
Like before, I am in!! I guess some have forgotten how the monthly meetings started, but some fearless member steps up to the bar, picks a place for us to land and a time, and it is up to the rest of us to show up or not.
We have 12 months a year to meet, and after Bud Man's February meeting for Breakfast, we will have 10 more opportunities for breakfast/lunch. For some that don't remember, we "used" to allow the "loudest bit**** " to set the time and place for the next month. This allows "you" to pick the place and time that suits "your" situation perfectly.
I wish I could make all the meetings, but I can't for many various reasons. I WILL attend those I can, and will miss those I must. I WILL NOT expect every other member to alter anything to fit my schedule, because I will handle my problems.
Just my .02 cents worth, and I 'll step off my soapbox now and go back to work.
John Russell
Old 01-24-2003, 09:08 AM
The Royal Rhubarb
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #495,427SO, Stroked
Send a message via AIM to ERA600hp
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Weather Report

Next Saturday the 1st will be sunny and warm!!

You guy's know how the weather changes around here!!

Anyway, it's about the people, we can meet and drive our grocery getters!!

Well enough said!!

ME
Old 01-25-2003, 06:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

We'll be in Nashville next weekend, so l'll see everybody in Austin. I am looking at renting a trailer to tow the cobra, anybody have recommendations as to what company / type of trailer works best?
Old 01-25-2003, 07:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CAV GT40 #169, Ford 408 Stroker & ZF Transaxle
Not Ranked     

Actually I always thought this was about the cars! Time to bring them out and talk about new added equipment, projects, upcoming events and meet new members. Seems when we have a 7:00 am breakfest, in the winter, we don't get many cars - as it's usually cold, or you don't want to wake up the neighbors or what ever. Since you announced the 7:00 am time many are electing to not come or not bring their cars, gee what does that say! What's wrong with a 9:00 or 10:00 am breakfest anyway. Poor Mr. Morris will have to get up at 4:00 am to make the 7:00 am show. Can't disagree with Mr. Russell however, as many have conflicts anyway so guess it doesn't really matter what we do month to month so just forget every thing I said in this post!
Old 01-25-2003, 08:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

You know, I have to agree (partially) with everyone John, Tom, Drew and Gary.

And I am not trying to stir the pot here or cause a fight with friends. I do enjoy this friendship with all of you. I do agree with Tom that more than anything it is about the "people" not neccessarily about the cars. We have members that do not have a cobra or have never owned a Cobra but that desire to be with others that do have cars and share the same interest. Although the cars are a nice added bonus, and the reason we all know each other to begin with. If it were not for the cars most of us would not even know each other. So Tom, Gary and Drew are all three correct in that matter. And John Russell is certainally correct in saying that we will all from time to time have scheduleing problems, we each deal with that in our own way that behooves each of us as it arisses.

Each of us, that have been here for awhile, knows that every single time we have a breakfast early in the morning, 7:00am, that there are VERY few wives that attend and even less of our kids. Now that being said why do we continue to schedule the gatherings at times when we know DAMN well most of the "People" will not be there at all. If this really is about the "People" not the cars why do we constantly try to run off our friends.

If that is the case. I will bow out of Club Cobra and Texas Cobra club never to return and or post again. I mean, after all, I no longer own a cobra and MY family is a lot more important to me than ANY car will ever be. So are we trying to run off our freinds, beacuse they have children, or wives, or don't have a Cobra? If this group does not want our children involded then just be a man and say so!

You tell me!

Sorry Bud man, But his issue has been brewing for several years and needs to be dealt with!

Ferrari Killer
Steve Parks

Last edited by 4RE KLR; 01-25-2003 at 12:58 PM..
Old 01-25-2003, 10:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Former Owner/Builder of KMP142 427 Sideoiler, Tunnel Wedge, Aluminum heads, etc.
Not Ranked     

IHOP has agreed to push the time back to 9:00 AM, but past that, no dice. Still looking for an alternate location. Surprised that locations here are not willing to guarantee seating for 20+ folks around the lunch hour. Guess the economy's not that bad!!

Sorry this has turned into a melee, but honest exchange is always good.

If anyone else has a suitable location, I will not feel the least bit insulted if we do that. Either way, I will attend. Warm or cold, just too much fun.

BTW, the Kirkham is driveable and insured, but DPS issues have arisen, meaning it will be a no show. Everyone is welcome at the house in old town Grapevine later to see it.

Bud
Old 01-25-2003, 11:12 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Previous owner of SPF#1938, with a Keith Craft 496ci Genesis 427 side oiler, 667 FWHP, 633 FWTQ, 560 RWHP, 550 RWTQ.
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Budman......

don't let some minor DPS issues keep you from driving your car. Throw a license plate on it from one of your grocery getters and drive that puppy. Many of us have done the same thing. There are even some of our members, including those of Royalty, that have never bothered to register their cars, but drive them regularly. It's no big deal!

So, no excuse for the Kirkham not being at IHOP on Saturday. Nuff said!

Jim
Old 01-25-2003, 12:00 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #586, 535hp.460
Not Ranked     
Wink It still works for me!

Bud Man,
9:00 am also works for me, and is actually much more attractive! It will be warmer and allow for a larger turnout.
I agree with Jim, "BRING THE KIRKHAM"!!
Dick, if you can, bring a members list for DFW with you. It's crunch time for Austin & I would just like to see who we are missing.
Thanks,
John R.
Old 01-25-2003, 04:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lonestar classic, blue w/ white,Keith Craft 418 ( 606 HP ) pump gas motor
Not Ranked     

Alan's working in the kitchen and had me read off this thread to him. (boy it's a long one).

Anyway, we'll be there. Preferably at the 9AM time. Possibly with the car, possibly without. Alan's been so busy lately that the car is exactly the same as the last time y'all saw it.

Now, as far as breakfast/lunch thing, I'd like to add my 2 cents. I think that this meeting should go ahead as planned. However I like the idea of having winter lunches and summer breakfasts. Mostly because it will be easier to plan around. There has been discussion in the past and it's been pointed out to new members that the meetings are on the 1st Sat. That way everyone can plan for them.

And if you can narrow down a time frame - breakfast v. lunch, then people can plan for one accordingly. Ya know, "oh it's Jan. I'll keep the first Saturday lunch open for the Cobra Club meeting." Then it can be the first thing on the calendar and be planned around. Instead of the week before and then lose people who have other plans. Other things will come up, but for those who need to work with a schedule it will make things easier.

I hope you don't mind my sharing my opinion and if you do, please go easy on me when you see me at breakfast. ;-)

Colleen (Mrs. 66 Snake)
Old 01-25-2003, 05:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance Roush 427
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up See you at 9:00am

Will be there with the Cobra at 9:00am, good job Bud Man, and the Kirkham must be there. I will loan you a plate from my wife's Mustang. I have several "Extra Plates" You can use one of them I will use another one. Thanks, db
Old 01-26-2003, 06:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #42, 425HP 347 - NASA TX, CMC #55 Mustang Road Racer - Legends 37' Chevy Coupe #43 Oval Racer - Honda CRF450R(I'm afraid to race it), 95' Black Lighting Daily Scooter
Not Ranked     

Bud Man: Count me in for two more. My wife and daughter are also in for the 9:00 deal.

Boudy
Old 01-26-2003, 07:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Former Owner/Builder of KMP142 427 Sideoiler, Tunnel Wedge, Aluminum heads, etc.
Not Ranked     

Glad to hear 9:00 is better.

Doing the final finishing of 142. In my case, while most use wax, I use Scotchbrite!!!

Car really is a blast. I have been driving it around the neighborhood, sorting it out...So far, so good.

My car will look very plain next to the beautiful cars in this club, but I gotta start somewhere!!

Looking forward to seeing you all, and hoping for a bright sunny morning!!!

Bud

Old 01-26-2003, 10:07 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SHELBY GT500...slightly modified. Former owner of CSX4758..a GEM of a ride!
Not Ranked     

9:00Am works for me also. Like I have said all along...I don't care what time or where just tell me when and where. Those that can make it I look forward to seeing. Those that choose not to come that's OK too cause there's always next month. And to Steve " there have never been that many wives attend any of our meetings regardless of time" I always give my wife the option of going or not. If she is in town and not sick she always comes. There is just something about getting all bundled up in the early morning or middle of the night ( it seems anyway) to go blasting down the highway in a Cobra.........I love it. But please let's not start pointing fingers at each other over time and place. If you step up to make the call....make it convienient for yourself for what you like....that's the joy of taking a meeting. If I really want to be there.....and it seems I always do I'll try to make it. I have only missed a couple of meetings because of things I could not control but I try to make them all........those of you that know me know I'm a car guy.....I'll be there!

Love you All!!

Gary
Old 01-27-2003, 07:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #42, 425HP 347 - NASA TX, CMC #55 Mustang Road Racer - Legends 37' Chevy Coupe #43 Oval Racer - Honda CRF450R(I'm afraid to race it), 95' Black Lighting Daily Scooter
Not Ranked     

Glad to see the Kirkham is going to make it. In all honesty, it may have killed you to leave it home. Congrats on the completion.

Boudy