28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2003, 09:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR3200, Carbed 351W, IRS, TKO600 RR
Not Ranked     
Default Major Event Threads - Sticky or not!

I like to stir up crap, it's a little slow in here lately. It's been brought up that maybe major event threads could be sticky. Of course if there's more than a few, this will not work. We're not talking things like monthly meetings etc., but more like multi-city seasonal events. Any thoughts...?
FFR3200 Comp - NASA #27 (ST-1)
TCC President '03
www.cuttingedgeracing.com
Old 04-01-2003, 11:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #42, 425HP 347 - NASA TX, CMC #55 Mustang Road Racer - Legends 37' Chevy Coupe #43 Oval Racer - Honda CRF450R(I'm afraid to race it), 95' Black Lighting Daily Scooter
Not Ranked     
Lightbulb

Event threads get very confusing. Even more so, as plans change. You wind up combing up and down threads to find scattered details. How about an events calender with events linked to info sheets for times, dates, contacts, directions, and lodging info. I like discussing events on threads so I am only suggesting a change. Only the addition of a single place to find info on events. I would be happy to host and maintain a calender of events on Hi-Per Rods.

Boudy
Old 04-01-2003, 12:07 PM
The Royal Rhubarb
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #495,427SO, Stroked
Send a message via AIM to ERA600hp
Not Ranked     
Question

Why not use the Texas Cobra Web site!

Set up a calander of events there!
Old 04-01-2003, 12:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #42, 425HP 347 - NASA TX, CMC #55 Mustang Road Racer - Legends 37' Chevy Coupe #43 Oval Racer - Honda CRF450R(I'm afraid to race it), 95' Black Lighting Daily Scooter
Not Ranked     

I agree, that is the best place to have one. I've always assumed that since it wasn't there already, that nobody wanted to mess with it.

Boudy
Old 04-01-2003, 05:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lonestar classic, blue w/ white,Keith Craft 418 ( 606 HP ) pump gas motor
Not Ranked     

Does anyone ever read the guest book? I just noticed it and there was a visitor in Feb asking if we had a calendar they could refer to.

Mrs. 66 Snake
Old 04-02-2003, 06:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Guest book......What guest book? I didn't know we had a guest book.

As for the sticky:
If you go to All Cobra Talk, there is always so many sticky that you have to scan down half the page to get to anything else. I personally don't like that, but I will agree to what every one else wants. It just seems like regular threads get lost on the second or third page very quickly because the top of the page is filled up with stickies.

If the event is important to enough people and there is activity on it, it will stay at or near the top all by its self without any intervention on anyones part. At least they have so far. There has been some events get passed to the second page, but I would think it would be the organizers duty to keep us all reminded by simply logging on to that thread and putting TTT if nothing else. If we have a seperate calender we will have to look at more than one place for info on any event that is coming, I think.

Just my .01 but doesn't really matter to me. Just a thought.
Old 04-02-2003, 08:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

hey ryan
just post events here as always. as for events, i was thinking of coming up your way this weekend. they are having a rod run in gruene on saturday and sunday and since it appears that i finally have the fia running i was looking for something to do. i'll know more by tomorrow and if i am coming to sa then maybe some of the other cobras would be interested. i'll post tomorrow either way.
paul
Old 04-02-2003, 08:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Location: Right in the middle of the beautiful Texas Hill Country - Boerne, Texas,
Send a message via Yahoo to Blake Olson
Not Ranked     

I'm interested on Sunday...

"Charlie Don't Surf!"
Old 04-02-2003, 06:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: specialty motor car (out of existence) 351w 405 hp. c6 auto.
Not Ranked     

Paul,

the weather people don't like cobras on sunday, they say the "R" word. Saturday should be ok, looks good now. I would be willing if the weather cooperates, I need to get some seat time.

Let us know , see ya

Bob Taulbee
Old 04-03-2003, 08:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

hey bob and blake
my plans are to leave corpus as soon as i get through with school, around 4. i'd like to drop by the hangout for cars friday night although i won't get into town until maybe 7. can someone save a spot? the event saturday is for pre 49 cars-rods, but any car is welcome. i just want something to do. i've been to these type of events before and even though the cobras would not be elgible for voting it should be a nice event. the event is called the nsra appreciation and safety run, located at rockin' r river rides park in gruene. contact person is frank ayers 830 980-3273. the awards are scheduled for sunday. saturday evening i was thinking of going to one of the races, either drags or circle track. anyone interested leave a phone number that i can contact you tomorrow as i won't be near a computer. my number if you need to call is 361 549-9525. if things chnge i'll let you know. hope to see some of you.
paul