14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2003, 09:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hunter 427, 5.0 (302)
Not Ranked     

Tony

First off I am glad your wife is not hurt too much.

Second DO NOT SIGN ANYTHING OR CASH ANY CHECK THE INSURANCE COMPANY GIVES YOU WITHOUT HAVING YOUR ATTORNEY READ THE FINE PRINT

Third: have your wife checked out as my wife found out that there is a condition called Damaged soft tissue in the back or something like that. Bones are easy to heal but if you damage the cartilage and soft tissue that holds everything together she will have complications the rest of her life and can lead to early arthritis.

enough about that

On the car thing. I have seen huge discounts on the Maruder and other Lincoln & Mercury products. Here in the Florida Panhandle they are advertising Maruders for under $28k so you can buy new and get a real nice family hot rod.

I was thinking the same thing about someone rear ending one of us in our Cobras. I doubt they would take the same abuse your wife's Lincoln did.

God Bless

P.S. People who drive while on Medication are just as guilty as Drunks. It tells them on the bottle to not drive or operate heavy machinery.
Old 04-11-2003, 03:01 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 427FE (sold & missed)
Not Ranked     

Pat ~ it really has nothing to do with the accident......just time for something different.

Brian
Old 04-11-2003, 06:46 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #122 (Sold) : Ford GT #484 Heritage Edition; 2008 GT500 Red/Black
Not Ranked     

Get the biggest truck you can....The way people drive today give me a good strong frame with big bumpers.

Matt
2006 Ford GT #484 Heritage Edition
2003 Hummer H1 OpenTop
2003 Hummer H1 Wagon
Old 04-11-2003, 07:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Location: Right in the middle of the beautiful Texas Hill Country - Boerne, Texas,
Send a message via Yahoo to Blake Olson
Not Ranked     

Get the HD truck...they are awesome!

blake

"Charlie Don't Surf!"
Old 04-11-2003, 08:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Custom Built Classic Motor Carriage T 5 Z tranny still in the making ..
Not Ranked     

Yeaph a truck like yours Matt could really have stopped that fool ! Maybe even taken off his head I told Nick that if she was in my truck that would have stopped him as well but you cant change the past .
Big T
Old 04-11-2003, 08:54 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #122 (Sold) : Ford GT #484 Heritage Edition; 2008 GT500 Red/Black
Not Ranked     

get the truck...I got broadsided by a full size ford about 1 year ago....it didn't even budge...I was standing still and he was going about 35-40.

It won't change the past but it will protect her in the future.

Matt
2006 Ford GT #484 Heritage Edition
2003 Hummer H1 OpenTop
2003 Hummer H1 Wagon
Old 04-11-2003, 10:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CMC, Supercharged Ford 5.0 & all the toys.
Not Ranked     

Hey Tony,

Just found this thread. (Ignore my question on the April meet thread). This sucks! Hope Nickey is/will be fine. Cars are replaceable.

Cheers,
-Neil.

CMC Cobra, Ford 5.0, EFI, Vortech supercharged, T5Z, 8.8 rear, MII front, 4-wheel discs, A/C, stereo.
Old 04-11-2003, 07:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Tony
Some humor for you in a time of dispare OK.

Speaking of big trucks.

I saw a bumper sticker on time on a very large truck that said..

If you can't stop,
Smile as you go under.

Gald all is ok my friend
Old 04-12-2003, 01:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lonestar classic, blue w/ white,Keith Craft 418 ( 606 HP ) pump gas motor
Not Ranked     

Tony,
I'm glad to hear your wife is doing OK. And I understand your wanting to make sure this goes in your favor. The third time in a year that I was rear-ended and the guy's insurance told me that the cure for whiplash was aspirin, I got on the phone to an atty. Like's been said before don't sign anything until the doctors are sure (and she's sure) that she is up to par. And if she doesn't agree with them, get a second opinion.

As far as a vehicle goes, I was in a F-150 each time (poor tailgate had a hell of a year). That was the truck we gave to our teenage daughter to drive as we felt it was the safest thing for her to drive. I drive a Dodge Durango (one of those gas guzzling SUV's) and am thrilled with it. It doesn't sit quite as high as the Explorer, etc but higher than most cars. The aforementioned teenager did drive it into another car and came out of the accident without a scratch (and with a fear of left turns). It does have a comfy passenger area (seats 7/8) and has 88 cu feet of storage - which is what I was looking for since the truck bed had the room but not the cover. And I'm pretty sure it's in your price range.

Good luck. I hope it goes smoothly and that she has no long lasting effects.

Mrs. 66 Snake (Colleen)
Old 04-12-2003, 03:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Talking California Attorneys

A teenage girl was really being pressured for sex by her steady boyfriend. The longer they saw each other the worse it was becoming. The boyfriend had tried every con he could think of but she still held out for her virginity. Finally, in desperation he told her than it was impossibe for her to get pregnant if they had anal sex. She doubted this statement, but told him she would check with her family physician, and if he said okay, she would agree to it.

She went to her doctor and related the boyfriend's story. The doctor looked at her for over a minute and exclaimed, "you CAN be pregnant with anal sex. Where do you think attorneys come from".
Old 04-13-2003, 04:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Custom Built Classic Motor Carriage T 5 Z tranny still in the making ..
Not Ranked     

You guys are to funny
thanks for the laughs .
Well it looks good for the HD Truck but she still wants a LS Lincohn the Mustang Cobra 03 is out .We will see .
Big T
Old 04-13-2003, 04:58 PM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

Colleen,
sounds like your truck is accident prone.That's your truck,not ya'll.
How about a description of the truck ? Might be out in Garland in a couple of weeks.
Can't be too careful.

p.s. Great seeing ya'll yesterday and getting to hear that monster 418 ".
Old 04-13-2003, 06:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lonestar classic, blue w/ white,Keith Craft 418 ( 606 HP ) pump gas motor
Not Ranked     

It must be the truck. We've sold it to one of our employees and he got hit too. Must have a giant magnet under there.

It was a nice surprise to pull up and see you there. It was fun having a fellow club member there. And congrats on your trophy.

Mrs. 66 Snake