21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2003, 06:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

IM an IT geek, been in the business for 14 years, still considered a newbie.....thinking about changin to another profession.
Old 06-17-2003, 07:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Remote Member - Arkansas

Hey,

Can we be remote members to TCC now that we live in Arkansas?

I was forced out of GTE (the telephone company) after 30 years, after I left they renamed it Verizon, some graditude. They did give me some of their money as a parting gift so we took it an ran away to Arkansas. I turned my hobby of buying & selling classic cars into a business, well at least it's fun!

Anyway we did have a red LSC Cobra with a 351W when we lived in Plano, you guessed it we sold it. Then we bought an old Fairlane with a funny looking teardrop hood, I know it's not one of those go fast Cobras, but we get a lot of sympathy with it.

Next I have my eye on another kit car, a little more boxy than the Cobra, it's a replica also. How about a tunnel port 427FE in a 41 Willy's coupe.

See you guys in Tulsa.

Alan & Donna Drewry
Old 06-17-2003, 11:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics, 302
Not Ranked     

David Abbott

I also work for that Telecom company based out of Kansas City. Been in I.T. for 23 years. Presently watching my job get sent overseas (without me). So if anyone needs a Project Manager, Supervisor, or old-fashioned coder...let me know.

Other interests:
Expert Silversmith (I am particularly fond of channel-inlay, but you can't get your time out of it), Gemstone cutter/polisher. Amateur: carpenter, tile-layer, sprinkler installer, wood-flooring installer, fossil collector and preparator. Former professional roofer. Formerly studied Kendo, Iaido, and Judo.

Last edited by RockSnake; 06-18-2003 at 10:09 AM..
Old 06-19-2003, 06:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

ttt
Old 06-19-2003, 10:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

This is great!

Scott McMillian
Have a small boutique investment advisory firm that serves high net worth families, foundations and endowments in the Southwest. Offices in SA and Houston -- Redstone Consulting.

Work to support car and cycling habits -- much to the chagrin of my wife and 2 young kids!

Dennis forgot to mention that he works with my oldest friend in the world -- George.
Old 06-19-2003, 08:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via AIM to neilagg
Not Ranked     

I have a consulting company. We help manufacturers, wholesalers, and distributors run their businesses cheaper and better by leveraging the Internet (We typically can knock 17% or more off their bottom line!).
Old 06-19-2003, 08:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CMC, Supercharged Ford 5.0 & all the toys.
Not Ranked     

Neil Narwani. Austin.

Unemployed software project manager & consultant, but always looking around for contract tech writing or training gigs.

In the meanwhile, I've been developing a business on the side, which is in the automotive field. Products are in the manufacturing stage, so details coming soon.

Somehow, I have this very odd feeling at the back of my mind that I actually own a Cobra, but can't be sure of that.

Cheers,
-Neil.

CMC Cobra, Ford 5.0, EFI, Vortech supercharged, T5Z, 8.8 rear, MII front, 4-wheel discs, A/C, stereo.
Old 06-20-2003, 05:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I own a SENECA we are a telecom company and we are full service. We provide a wide range of services all over the us and the world. We do construction, testing. We can do wireline, wireless, microwave ect.

Rick Dickson
Old 06-20-2003, 05:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SMC Motorcars 289
Send a message via Yahoo to renaissance man
Not Ranked     
Default Here we go Mr. Parks!

We have doubled the business in our restaurant from the previous owners in a mere 6 days. On top of that, we were just contacted by "Great Buys TV" (Corbin Burnsen - host) and now have a purchase order in hand for $13,000 of Big Willy's "Lip Smak'n Salsa" for their Christmas show!

Steve, get the architects ready, I need a bigger home with a 6 car garage!!!!!!

Dave "Ren Man"
Old 06-21-2003, 08:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

That is great David Good luck And I am ready when you are
Old 06-26-2003, 07:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

ttt
Old 06-26-2003, 08:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via AIM to neilagg
Not Ranked     
Question ??

What do you mean by ttt?
Old 06-26-2003, 09:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: The only DAX in town
Not Ranked     
Lightbulb ttt

Neilagg,

ttt stands for "to the top", i.e. if you want to have the thread showing up at the very top of the list again.

Thomas
Old 06-26-2003, 10:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: The only DAX in town
Not Ranked     
Talking The TexGerman

Well, we are the legal aliens of the TCC. Ute (Zettlitzer) and myself (Thomas Gebert) moved from Germany to Texas about two years ago and felt being at home from the very first minute on (thanks to you guys!).
I am working for a French-based telecommunications company, where I am in charge of marketing for European transmission products (no, not Tremecs or anything similar).

Ute is meanwhile enjoying life here in the US. She is not allowed to work and therefore decided to join the SCCA. She's touring the country and works as a corner worker for various different race classes (btw. regards from her, she's currently at Road America in Wisconsin) leaving me at home as a batchelor on time meanwhile.
I spend the majority of my limited spare time crawling underneath classic cars. I am currently restoring a 1970 Pontiac LeMans Convertible and the next candidate for restoration is already waiting in front of the garage (1972 Mercury Cougar XR7 conv.).
My DAX cobra is most probably the only one here in Texas (I haven't seen another one so far) and I guess, sooner or later I will be forced by you guys to exchange the engine

Thomas
Old 06-26-2003, 12:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classic Competition #56, 425HP Lingafelter 428 Cobrajet
Not Ranked     
Default helping to build USA weapons delivery systems of mass destruction

I am a Staff Systems Engineer at Lockheed-Martin Aero in Fort Worth. Without getting too detailed or classified, the military fighter jets today are comprised of many networked computers sharing data among the on-board computers and with other aircraft. My job is to test the "Avionic Systems" and computer-controlled weapon systems in an integrated configuration for the F-16 military fighter jet. In other words, I get to play pilot and try to find the problems with the hardware and software in a test fixture that is electrically exactly the same as the airplane, including the cockpit displays and controls, then isolate the problem and report the problem to get it fixed.

I'd like another job that pays better...

Alan Schup

Last edited by Alan Schup; 06-26-2003 at 12:13 PM..
Old 06-27-2003, 06:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Wouldn't we all ALan. But hey, how many people get to "Test drive" an F-16? Even in a controlled envirnment.

There is a neat place in Arlington by Six Flaggs called air combat. This place lets you get into the cockpit of several planes in a simulator situation to see just how difficult it is to fly these monsters. The session is about one hour long and if I remember right cost about $40.00 - $45.00. I have doen it twice and it is a experiance I will never forget. Loads of fun!
Old 06-27-2003, 06:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via MSN to CowtownCobra
Not Ranked     

Steve,

By the way, hows that new ride with Richard Childress working out? LOL:

I used to work around the corner from that simulator place, and I went in there at lunch a few times, but I never tried it. What I remember the most was a picture on the wall warning the technicians not to put their hands in the wrong place around 1500 psi hydraulics. Nice picture was of a finger,,,, all by itself...
Old 06-29-2003, 08:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

New ride with Richard Childress?

Air combat is a neat place you should have tried it.
Old 06-29-2003, 11:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via MSN to CowtownCobra
Not Ranked     

Steve,

Not a NASCAR fan? You should be. You're famous.
Old 06-29-2003, 10:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Custom Built Classic Motor Carriage T 5 Z tranny still in the making ..
Not Ranked     
Default OK

Tony Mendez
Autopart salesman for 20+years went into ac/heat sales for 2 years, and hated it no car guys there .
Worked as a Financial planner for Primamerica for 7 + years learned how to play with money . 8 years of Jujitsu ,trained police officers and Jailers how to handle {physically } prisoners and such .
Bass fished for $$$$s loved that .Then opened my own business 5 years ago. Auto Mechanic and Body shop I love collision work
WE ARE A SERVICE FIRST SHOP FOR STATE FARM
and restorations are for fun .We can do anything you want, just have the bucks and don't ask how much ! HANG ON BABY YOU WILL BE VERY HAPPY .
I love cars and always will !
Mustang Mendez came from the love of Shelby Mustangs and Cobras .Since I never thought I could ever own a Cobra I just named it Mustang for Mustang Mendez
The Lord has blessed us, and now I have a Cobra unfinished . and lots of work .
Just to busy with work ,have not had the time or space at this time .
I know allot of lots of stuff just locked in my head .
I hope to get in forensic science to recreate auto accidents for insurance companies is my goal just a future note ..
MUSTANG MENDEZ SERVICES
1302 FM 671
LOCKHART, TX 78644 USA
PH. 512-398-6010
FAX 512-398-2697
www.MustangMendez.com