21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2003, 09:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

John Russell, Are you receiving my e-mails?
Old 07-21-2003, 03:13 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #586, 535hp.460
Not Ranked     
Default News from Dick in a call last night!

I tried to call The Fleshers yesterday afternoon but got no answer. However, I got a call from Dick last night just before 10:00pm! Wow, what a great surprise for me. Dick said he was feeling pretty good, but that the Chemo was tiring him out- which is no surprise to me. He also told me that they were going to start him on radiation treatments today (Monday) and that he feels that this combination is going to hopefully do the trick. I do know that he was supposed to be taking a treatment of Chemo in pill form as of last Friday, and that they were going to start him on it on Friday night before he went to sleep. If he was able to keep it down he would be released to go home on Saturday which happened. I think he just might have his time-line on treatment a little out of kilter, unless they are going to overlap the Chemo and Radiation, which I thought were seperate issues.
At any rate, he is well aware of all of the love and support he has received from his Cobra family and he is sending you all his heartfelt thanks through me.
As always, I will keep this branch of his family as up to date as I possibly can.
John Russell
Old 07-21-2003, 04:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Send a message via AIM to Clois Harlan
Not Ranked     

John,

Don't you ever sleep?

Dick,

Keep the faith and keep a positive attitude and never give up! You know we are all thinking about you. You are in all our prayers.

Clois

"Let's roll"

"Be part of Something Good
......Leave Something Good Behind!"
from CD "Long Road Out of Eden"
Old 07-21-2003, 07:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR3200, Carbed 351W, IRS, TKO600 RR
Not Ranked     

Glad to hear he's home...
FFR3200 Comp - NASA #27 (ST-1)
TCC President '03
www.cuttingedgeracing.com
Old 07-23-2003, 03:03 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up 7-23-03, latest update!

OK, here's the latest update. I talked with Scott, Dick's youngest son, yesterday afternoon about 6:15pm. Dick did start Radiation treatment on Monday, and he took his last chemo treatment last night. As could/should be expected, this is very tiring for him. Dick's spirits are good and he is certainly a fighter and he has a positive outlook on life in general which is something that will do wonders. Scott told me that his radiation treatment for today is scheduled early in the day, and that he should be in shape for visitors this afternoon. My intention is to call them when I leave my office, and if he is up to it I will drop by for a visit.
Once again, his family sends their heartfelt thanks to all of you and their appreciation for all that you are doing for them with your prayers, e-mails, visits and posts here. Dick reads all of this now that he is home (Hi Dick ), so he is aware of the support he is getting from all across the western hemisphere.
Clois, I get up at 4:30 every day, and am in my office by 6:00am, so this is my quiet time of the day while everyone else is asleep. It is easier to compose my thoughts early and let the information flow, but I really do need spell check here, so please bear with me.
I will check in later with another update. 5:05 am on 7/23/03.
John Russell
ps, Gary Sharapata, thanks for the call last night about Dick. We both appreciate it.
JR
Old 07-23-2003, 06:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #42, 425HP 347 - NASA TX, CMC #55 Mustang Road Racer - Legends 37' Chevy Coupe #43 Oval Racer - Honda CRF450R(I'm afraid to race it), 95' Black Lighting Daily Scooter
Not Ranked     

Thanks again John. It's hard to type how much it means for you to update us and take the time. I'm sure Barbera and Dick feel the same.

Boudy
Old 07-23-2003, 10:55 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Lightbulb Why not?

Boudy,
That's what the TCC is all about, and that is what friends are for!
John Russell
Old 07-23-2003, 06:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I spoke with Barbara today . She was just leaving to Take Dick in for treatment. She didn't have much time to talk, but I also let her know that we are praying for them and that we are anxious for a speedy turn around. She said they appreciated it very much. eep up the Spirit as we should all ask for healing in this time of crisis. Thanks, Drew
Old 07-24-2003, 06:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Re: Why not?

Quote:
Originally posted by jrussell

Boudy,
That's what the TCC is all about, and that is what friends are for!
John Russell

John Russell,

You are right. We have all said this a thousand times each.

"It's not about the cars, It's about the people"

Get well soon Dick
Old 07-24-2003, 09:21 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SHELBY GT500...slightly modified. Former owner of CSX4758..a GEM of a ride!
Not Ranked     

Dick...you are in our prayers morning...noon and night. We pray that the angels of the Lord are by your side and will defeat this demon. All our Love is with you and your family and hope there is comfort for you knowing that we are all asking for the Lord's help as I believe there is strength in numbers and I know in my heart He is listening. Get well soon my friend.

We Love you,
Gary & Susan
Old 07-24-2003, 10:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Custom Built Classic Motor Carriage T 5 Z tranny still in the making ..
Not Ranked     
Default Gary

Gary
Very well said
[quote]Dick...you are in our prayers morning...noon and night. We pray that the angels of the Lord are by your side and will defeat this demon. All our Love is with you and your family and hope there is comfort for you knowing that we are all asking for the Lord's help as I believe there is strength in numbers and I know in my heart He is listening. Get well soon my friend.
Amen
Big T
Old 07-24-2003, 01:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane #1037, 351C, TKO 600
Not Ranked     
Default Power of Prayer!

First of all John - Thanks for all the updates. We really appreciate the effort.

The best part of the group is the togetherness. It is the people that makes the TCC special.

Dick you continue to be in our thoughts and prayers. Take good care of yourself and if you ever need anything please fill free to call.

Gregg H

"Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory."
Old 07-24-2003, 03:08 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Today's update. It's all good!!!

Friends,
I just got off the phone with Dick and Scott, his youngest son. Dick has sent me an e-mail at 5:30 am this morning, but I had already left for my office. As soon as I read his e-mail when I got home, I knew things were going well. I called him, and he really sounds good and he is trying very hard to get back into some form of a normal routine. He has finished the chemo, and has now had three radiation treatments. His strength is slowly returning, and he "supervised" a Cobra washing yesterday by Matt & Scott. He also told me the family was going to try & go out to dinner this evening for some Mexican food. He told me he went by his office yesterday just to see some of his friends, which is wonderful.
I hope to have some pictures to show him this weekend from our track day at TMS tomorrow if things work out.
All in all, this really appears to be a peak time for the Flesher family, ans they contribute a large part of that from the strength and conviction they are getting from this family of car nuts!
Keep it up folks, it is truly helping.
John Russell
Old 07-24-2003, 03:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classic LS427 (Under construction)
Send a message via Skype™ to mbishop
Not Ranked     

John,
That's great news, thank you for working so hard to keep us informed.

Dick,
It's great to hear you're doing well. Keep up the good fight and we will certainly keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

Mark and Sherri