Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2003, 09:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Keith Craft Motor
Not Ranked     
Smile Down but not out

Well my motor from lonestar is gone. Maybe a blessing in disguise. I will be getting a Keith Craft motor soon. I am going to order it this week and should be a couple of months and the cobra will be back on the road. I have to tell you that I am so excited about seeing a real motor in my car!

I shall keep you posted on the results.

Todd
Old 10-01-2003, 04:36 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

Hey, did you have fun while that one was running?

Sorry to hear your engine it in the hamper, what size was it?

Hope you have better luck with the new one.

Trularin
Old 10-01-2003, 08:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default not much fun

with 104 miles on it (no that is not 104 thousand) did not have much fun. It was a 428. I will be replacing with a stroker from Craft soon.

Todd
Old 10-01-2003, 10:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via MSN to CowtownCobra
Not Ranked     

104 miles on a 428? What does Lone Star have to say about this?
Old 10-01-2003, 10:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Angry They want no blame

They are saying that they will not refund the money on the motor and I am not going to buy anything else from them. The rest is for the courts.

Todd
Old 10-01-2003, 10:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Doesn't sound right to me. Those folks have done everything they could to help me build my car and make it right...
Old 10-01-2003, 05:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

That does not sound like Steve at all. I wonder what's up.

Steve went out of his way to help me with my cobra, at no charge, and it was not even a Lone Star!
Old 10-01-2003, 07:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default bad motor

Well, Steve in the past has helped me also. The problem is when you spend the kind of money that we spend on these things, you should get what they say they sell you. I was told that I got a motor with all new parts minus the block. When the motor was pulled apart.....noting was new inside. Used rods,crank,heads. The rods were not even a matched set. He sold it as new and it was not. If you stand behind what you sell...you would refund the money. That is all asked for was a refund of the money for only the engine. I was told that he would if he had it, however money was tight. I have refered it to an attorney in Dallas.

By the way , if you do not believe me I have it on tape.

Todd
Old 10-05-2003, 11:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

A claim of “No money” does not make them judgment proof. Selling used junk as new is despicable and I am sure violates a few laws. You might consider a complaint with the Attorney Generals Consumer Protection division as I doubt that you are the only “lucky” one to receive less than what you paid for.

Best of luck with resolving your problems

James
Old 10-06-2003, 12:23 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hmmmm,,,,,if money is so tight he can't make good on a motor it could be an indicator of much deeper financial touble in the near future.

Might be time to circle the wagons.......

Ernie
Old 10-06-2003, 04:39 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

Sorry I'm late to the party.

104 miles, that isn't right. Lonestar has been slow in getting things out, but I have to believe Steve would be reasonable about this.

Did they say they built the engine, or is this an engine they imported in and installed? I thought they had someone outside building their engines.

If they are having them done outside, maybe you can talk to the builder and take LoneStar out of the picture.

Just a thought.
Old 10-06-2003, 11:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default bought it from them

They said they got it from someone else. I believe Lingenfelter. However I bought it from Lonestar and they said that it was new except for the block . We now know different.

Steve wanted me to bring it to them and have them fix it at my cost. I do not believe that a motor that was sold to me as new parts and I did not get new parts that I should pay for anything. I do not want another thing form them. I tried to get a refund and steve said he would, however he did not have any money. As he said "times are tight." I also wonder where the money is. When I called about the oil pan a couple of months ago they all were gone on a vacation.

I talked to other people that got motors from them, same problem. I am not going down that road.

Trularin- I bought it from Lonestar not a third party builder. I have no idea how much Lonestar paid for it from the builder, but they charged me $6100 for it.

I have a new Keith Craft motor coming and an Attorney working on the case for me. No threats but as Steve told me "go ahead and sue, that would be better for me because I won't worry about you . I won't go to court and you'll win." I am real disappointed in this. I have told people before about the cobra and referred them to Lonestar in the past, that has stopped.

Todd

Last edited by Also Todd; 10-06-2003 at 11:37 AM..
Old 10-06-2003, 12:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Last edited by CowtownCobra; 10-10-2003 at 11:47 AM..
Old 10-06-2003, 12:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

No I have always been upset at Lonestar. It doesn't make sense that I want what I bought --a motor with new parts?

People on this board did not encourage me to do that, I decided before I posted any post here about the motor.

My tune has always been the same. I want a refund.

I am taking Steve's advice by "go ahead and sue."

How are my actions not make a bit of sense?

Todd
Old 10-06-2003, 05:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Last edited by CowtownCobra; 10-10-2003 at 11:43 AM..
Old 10-06-2003, 06:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Last edited by CowtownCobra; 10-10-2003 at 11:44 AM..
Old 10-06-2003, 07:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default I'm glad you know it all

Cowtown,
I am so glad you know everything. I tell you what. Come over and you can hear the tape of it. I think you should shut it if you do not know what you are talking about.

If you bought something that you were told was new, and it was a lot of used parts, would you want a refund? Would you want to have to pay for the new parts? That is what was offered and I want a refund, plain and simple.

The e-mail to John Ross was to see what his problem was with his motor, I do not speak for him or anyone else, I speak for myself. So if I spoke to other people that have had problems with motors from Lonestar, that is information for me. If they want to talk about it that is their issue.

I am so glad they were on vacation, however I was told sales were slow and they did not have any funds.

So "PHUCK YOU RUNNING "

I do not need to "name names".

Damn right I am going to Keith Craft. I am getting what I am paying for. Why don't you call Craft in Plano and ask them what Lonestar motors they have seen. Don't take my word for it.

Enough with the victim stuff? Ok why don't I just bend over. I don't think so. The thank you TCC note was not about this issue. It was saying thank you.

Next

Todd
Old 10-06-2003, 07:56 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CMC, 351 Cleveland, Dual Quads, C6
Not Ranked     

Well, this thread is taking a turn from bad to worse.
Old 10-06-2003, 07:59 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

With a rebuilt engine it is common to find "used" parts, re-conditioned or checked for specs of course. So it's a little confusing to me and I think would be difficult to nail down what "parts" were used (reconditioned) and what parts were new. Industry standard would be the guideline.

A "new" engine would be something that came off the assembly line at Ford, for instance. Anything less than that will have "used" parts.

Ernie
Old 10-06-2003, 11:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Ernie he stated here several times that it was supposed to be "all new parts except the block". I would take that to mean all aftermarket peices such as crank, rods, pistons, pins, bearings, cam, timing chain etc. Seems like a pretty reasonable assumption to me.

These threads about problems with suppliers just always seem to go straight to the gutter rather than staying factual and informational. It's always nice to get recommendations whether good or bad but this is not the place to argue right/wrong and responsibility.

Just my .02