14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2003, 06:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #770, Stroked 351W (393 cubes) w/ Tremec TKO-600, 3.27 Torsen locker, 'Hi-Tech' Blue w/ White Stripes, Wilwoods, Bilstein coil overs...and a big ear-to-ear grin!
Not Ranked     

Swapped my gold '99 for a white '03 Navigator. Loaded....we're talking loaded.....air, steering, brakes, cruise, all standard of course....moon roof, leather on all three rows, power folding third row, rear AC, DVD player, GPS moving map navigation system, 6 disk CD changer, individual climate controls....and - get this...air-effin'-conditioned seats...! AIR CONDITIONED SEAT, I'm tellin' ya...! It drives like your living room... and tows my Pace trailer like it was hardly even there.

Made two road trips in it so far, and it's really a good vehicle....so far, anyway. Lookin' foward to a mid-winter trip to see you guys...!
WARNING: The opinions expressed herein do not necessarily represent those of the management, editors, or owners. We welcome differing opinions, and recognize our responsibility to offer differing views. May cause drowsiness, restlessness, or irritability. Do not operate heavy machinery while using this product. Void in Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico, or where prohibited, licensed, or regulated by law. We reserve the right to limit quantities. Offer good while supplies last. No substitutions allowed. Please observe posted speed limits. Professional driver on closed course. Do not try this at home. Please wear your seatbelt at all times. Close cover before striking. Use at own risk. Please dispose of properly. Drink responsibly. Prolonged exposure to vapors has been shown to cause cancer in laboratory animals. Do not use this product of you are pregnant, or plan on becoming pregnant. Intentional misuse by deliberately concentrating and inhaling fumes can be dangerous. Always wear safety glasses. In case of eye contact, flush with water and seek immediate medical attention. For occasional use only as directed. Avoid prolonged skin contact. Discontinue use if rash develops. If symptoms persist for more than three days, seek professional medical attention. Hearing protection required beyond this point. Danger: Hot surfaces. Use as directed. Proceed at own risk. Caution: Filling may be hot. Please don't litter. Actual results may vary. It is a violation of Federal Law to use this product in a manner other than as intended. Do not use this product if you have an enlarged prostate, or have difficulty urinating.
Old 11-14-2003, 08:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR1358 (Sold)
Not Ranked     
Question Questions

Who can make name tags for February's Spring Meet?

Who can help assemble packets?

Should we start a seperate sticky sign up thread (non-chat thread) to make name tags and get an accurate head count and Cobra count?

I can use the info for El Arroyo's restaurant planning.
Old 12-02-2003, 04:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SMC 289
Not Ranked     

We're new TCC members, I have a few questions about this event. If we tow our Cobra, will there be a place we can park the truck/trailer? Who do we "officially" notify of our intentions to attend besides making the room reservations? I saw the proposed agenda in another thread, will there be an official announcement once that is finalized? Sorry for the dumb questions, but it took me a few minutes to even figure out this was going to be in Austin, lol. Guess I'm slow on the uptake. Thanks for any assistance/advice!
NASA TX CMC #18
Old 12-02-2003, 07:03 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #122 (Sold) : Ford GT #484 Heritage Edition; 2008 GT500 Red/Black
Not Ranked     

Well for first timers there are a couple of rules.
1. Make your hotel reservation - Thats it we ask for a headcount in January so we can see if we hit 100 this year.

2. Bring many large bottles of alcoholic beverages for the parking lot party on Friday night (yes if you show up Saturday you miss alot of the fun)

3. Stay away from Tom and his "Friendly hug"

See you in Austin.

Matt
2006 Ford GT #484 Heritage Edition
2003 Hummer H1 OpenTop
2003 Hummer H1 Wagon
Old 12-02-2003, 07:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SMC 289
Not Ranked     

Well, if there are going to be any hugs to avoid, then I vote for nametags!

Maybe it's just me, but I try to avoid ANY bearhugs. Broken ribs don't mend quickly these days.......
NASA TX CMC #18
Old 12-02-2003, 07:34 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #122 (Sold) : Ford GT #484 Heritage Edition; 2008 GT500 Red/Black
Not Ranked     

From Tom its not the broken ribs....its the hands you have to watch out for

Matt
2003 Hummer H1 OpenTop
2003 Hummer H1 Wagon
Old 12-03-2003, 07:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CAV GT40 #169, Ford 408 Stroker & ZF Transaxle
Not Ranked     

Freddie,

Glad you like your new Navigator.....Tell your friends and buy, buy, buy............get my Ford Stock back up there!

See ya in Austin!
Old 12-03-2003, 07:49 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CMC, 351 Cleveland, Dual Quads, C6
Not Ranked     

Admiral, there's plenty of room for trucks and trailers at the Hotel. Bring it on! We Will Have A Good Time!
Old 12-16-2003, 10:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Post TTT

Bringing this to the top for those who need hotel information.
Old 12-27-2003, 09:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up TTT

Bringing this to the top for those who need hotel information.
Old 01-07-2004, 09:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane #1037, 351C, TKO 600
Not Ranked     
Default I can do Packets!

I just need somebody to get them printed. We can have a packet party at my house for February!

Gregg H

"Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory."
Old 01-07-2004, 09:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Thanks!

I'll put you down for February, you can establish the date and time. See you on the 17th at the Oasis. We can go over what is needed for February.
Old 01-14-2004, 08:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Empty handed for the moment
Send a message via AIM to Snakecharmer
Not Ranked     
Default Printing and stuff

Hey guys,

I won't be able to make the 17th, I've got a family commitment. I'll try and be there in February. Count me in for helping with whatever. I've got a copier too!

Stretch
Old 01-21-2004, 10:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default FEB 21 Packet stuffing party!

This has become an annual affair at the (What's his name House) So February 21 1100 am. A Packet stuffing party.

10772 Bramble crest Drive
Austin, TX

ITs BYOB, but I'll have plenty of food !

Gregg H

"Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory."
Old 01-21-2004, 12:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Empty handed for the moment
Send a message via AIM to Snakecharmer
Not Ranked     

Awesome Gregg!!

Can't wait to see you again. Thanks for hosting this traditional pre-event event!

I got the maps and directions from Ed this morning. I'll start making copies soon and I'll try and get them to you ASAP. Call me anytime at 801-8351

Charmer
Old 01-21-2004, 12:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #770, Stroked 351W (393 cubes) w/ Tremec TKO-600, 3.27 Torsen locker, 'Hi-Tech' Blue w/ White Stripes, Wilwoods, Bilstein coil overs...and a big ear-to-ear grin!
Not Ranked     
Default Hey. guys...a request from an out-of-stater...

Last years maps omitted some pretty significant details on route numbers and road/street names. This year, please....please...make sure the road/street names appear exactly as labeled on the street signs. The one in particular I'm thinking of used a name that the road was known to locals by, but the actual labeled road was something entirely different. I can't remember the street name, but this was VERY confusing to those of us coming from out-of-state. When we inquired, someone said, "Oh, everyone knows that road as such-n-such!" We replied, "Well, WE didn't...!".
So whatever you can do to alleviate this situation would be appreciated.

You should be able to hand the map and directions to a non-local and have them drive the course without making one wrong turn, and without them ever having seen the route before. Several of us wound up driving all the way into Austin before we realized we should have turned off the road in question.

Thanks...I really appreciate your efforts! Looking forward to seeing everyone...!
WARNING: The opinions expressed herein do not necessarily represent those of the management, editors, or owners. We welcome differing opinions, and recognize our responsibility to offer differing views. May cause drowsiness, restlessness, or irritability. Do not operate heavy machinery while using this product. Void in Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico, or where prohibited, licensed, or regulated by law. We reserve the right to limit quantities. Offer good while supplies last. No substitutions allowed. Please observe posted speed limits. Professional driver on closed course. Do not try this at home. Please wear your seatbelt at all times. Close cover before striking. Use at own risk. Please dispose of properly. Drink responsibly. Prolonged exposure to vapors has been shown to cause cancer in laboratory animals. Do not use this product of you are pregnant, or plan on becoming pregnant. Intentional misuse by deliberately concentrating and inhaling fumes can be dangerous. Always wear safety glasses. In case of eye contact, flush with water and seek immediate medical attention. For occasional use only as directed. Avoid prolonged skin contact. Discontinue use if rash develops. If symptoms persist for more than three days, seek professional medical attention. Hearing protection required beyond this point. Danger: Hot surfaces. Use as directed. Proceed at own risk. Caution: Filling may be hot. Please don't litter. Actual results may vary. It is a violation of Federal Law to use this product in a manner other than as intended. Do not use this product if you have an enlarged prostate, or have difficulty urinating.
Old 01-21-2004, 12:31 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Freddie is talking about MOPAC...I what highway is that? 1 I think or something like that.

With more and more out of towners this is going to be a greater necessity...Sorry it all keeps falling on you Austin guys to do the legwork...

Matt
2003 Hummer H1 OpenTop
2003 Hummer H1 Wagon
Old 01-21-2004, 01:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default MOPAC..!

Yeah...that was it, Matt....MOPAC! I almost typed MOPAC, but I've killed a few brain cells since then and wondered if MOPAC wasn't somewhere else at another event I attended last year. MOPAC...yeah....that was the one that confused us so damned much!

Please, guys, help us avoid this pitfall tihs year, will ya? Also, we need street by street turns when leaving the cruise destination, on our way back to the hotel. Last year, hell...we got lost just trying to get out of the little town where we ate lunch. Doug Reed had his GPS deal and if you think WE were lost...well, let's just say we've asked Doug to leave his GPS at home this year!

I had the threaten to throw the damned thing away last year! Funniest thing I've ever seen...Doug was beatin' the hell outta all those buttons, and we were still driving around like we were in some kind of goat rodeo! I thought Richard Price and I were going to bust a gut we were laughing so hard! Doug kept pointing one way, and we'd all go off in that direction, then we'd all come right back by there when he pointed us in another direction....funnnnneeeeeee! A damned goat rodeo, I'm tellin' ya...
Old 01-21-2004, 02:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default MOPAC!

Hey this is Austin. We name streets with 3 or 4 differerent names to confuse everyone!

Gregg H

Old 01-21-2004, 03:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Talking Can't Make Everyone Happy

Last year I prepared step-by-step cruise instructions (with a map) to the Grist Mill. No one got lost.

But I made a mistake making the return instructions back to the hotel very brief, and got some members lost. 1- Go back the way you came (using your cruise instructions in reverse). 2- Get on I35 and head back to the hotel. I'm sorry that my return instructions got a few TCC members lost. But you all made it back for the tailgate party (with or without GPS).

This years instructions (with map) have one complete route. From the hotel to the restaurant, from the restaurant through the Hill Country, and back to the hotel. Like last year, I have indicated the mileage for every leg, identified every road, and indicated every turn (right or left). Hopefully no one will get lost.

We will provide cell phone numbers in the packets if you get lost. I addition, a map will be copied on the back side of the cruise instructions.

A seperate optional cruise route and map will be provided to the Devil's Backbone.

Every year I learn from my past mistakes. I hope everyone will enjoy the Hill Country cruise this year without getting lost.