9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2003, 10:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 427 brushed aluminum with Keith Craft 527C.I. all aluminum FE
Not Ranked     
Default KCR Genesis Aluminum FE for sale

I have posted in the FE forum about this engine but for those that have not seen the post I want to tell about the engine.
This engine is a 4.250 bore with a 4.250 stroke. This is the first Genesis aluminum block that we have received and have another in the shop. We have pressure checked the block to 40 PSI and it has no leaks. We have inspected the block and fully machined it in our RMC block CNC machine to the factory blueprints. The block was within .010 on all specs which is as good as anything we get. The block got all of the normal work, line honed, bore and honed with torque plates, square decked, oil passage work done to our specs, cam bearings and plugs. Scat cast steel 4.250 stroke crank, Scat 6.700 H-beam rods, JE 10.7 to1 compression, plasma moly rings, FM bearings, Comp Cams hydraulic roller camshaft and Crane lifters, stock front cover, Melling high volume oil pump, Aviad oil pan, ATI damper, Dove KCR ported heads with 2.099 and 1.66 valves, flow 325/240 @.600 lift. Comp Cams high tech pushrods, T&D shaft rockers, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake gasket matched, MSD distributor with KCR plug wires, DaVinci 950HP carburator, Ford Racing polished Cobra valve covers but could get different if wanted. The engine was dynoed right before the PRI show in Indy and displayed at the show. The power numbers were 675HP @ 6000 and 650ft/bls torque at 4700. This engine was making 600ft/bls torque by 3000RPM's. We could not get the dyno to pull it any lower than this. This is a great looking engine with most of the options most people want in a nice Cobra engine. Comes with a complete build sheet, balance sheet, and dyno sheets. We have very parts number used and that will be listed as well. I have listed this engine in the FE section when we built it for 17,500.00 complete with the carburetor. I would like to see it in the Texas area and will offer it for sale to Texas members for 16,500.00 and I will bring to Plano location for serious buyers. Also if anyone is worried about the parts used I will stand behind the engine 100 percent. Anyone that knows us knows we only build quality and stand behind them. Please feel free to contact by e-mail or call at the shop. Thanks Keith Craft
Old 12-10-2003, 09:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Keith
Could you build a Shelby Alloy blocked FE 428 with a 4.125 bore and 4" stroke 10:1 comp?????? 450hp/torq. Forged steel crank H rods as above really. How much$$$$$? What is the price difference between Shelby and Genesis alloy blocks?
thanks

Last edited by cobra_dude; 12-10-2003 at 10:00 AM..
Old 12-10-2003, 09:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 427 brushed aluminum with Keith Craft 527C.I. all aluminum FE
Not Ranked     

We could build a 428 style Shelby block with the 428Std bore or what ever you want. We would have to order the block special because of the bore size you are asking for. The Shelby block would come with a 4.250 bore normally. The hp/tq would be no problem. There are no new forged steel cranks available but there we have taken the 391 truck crank and stroke it to the 428 3.980 stroke and I have one of these cranks right now. They run about 1200.00 ready to go. The only other option is billet crank, stock crank or cast steel crank and all of these would be just fine with the power you are wanting to make. Thanks Keith