28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2004, 12:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Exclamation upcoming CAR SHOW in Austin! Need your help!

A few years ago I set up a small car show and raised money for the "Childrens Hospital of Austin". I have started to organize another show and see how much money we can raise for those kids down at the Hostital. It was a struggle trying to find a location to have the first show and we finally got permission at the "X/O" parking lot off I35 and Oltorf, near Travis High School. I don't know how, but we raised over $600.00 for those kids and had a Blast doing it with only about 30 cars there! Thanks to the folks from a local racing message board for showing up and helping me out to raise the money! There were even a few local Hot Rods that showed up and I never knew how they found out about the show but I guess word got around to a few folks. We only charged about $5.00 a car to enter and asked for donations from those who came just to watch. News 8 made their way out and put some of the cars on the air and the day was a success!

While brainstorming for a few ideas for a show this year, I have been thinking about the Home Depot parking lot in South Austin (Sunset Valley) off Brodie Ln. "Samuels Diamonds" had a BIG car show there last summer and it was a MAJOR success so I think there is a way to get it but I don't know if Sunset Valley will allow it. I' am in the process of tracking down the people in charge to get permission

I have already had an overwhelming response so far in the last 12 hours since I have posted this out on other message boards. Local car enthusiasts and racers have been responding with eagerness to help with the show and enter their cars. This year, we will not charge to show your car but instead, accept donations, so give as your pocket book and heart will allow. $5.00 or $50.00, giving is giving and any amount will be greatfully accepted by the Childrens Hospital.

If any of you would be interested in entering, please let me know so I can get a count of cars and we can all work together to do something for the community and especially the Childrens Hospital. I see this as oppertunity to show the community and law enforcement that we, as car enthusiasts and racers, are not all out to burn the streets and cause trouble in our neighborhoods but that we do care to give to the community while doing something we love.

So far, we do have a couple sponsors but I'll wait to announce them until we get a date and location confirmed. If you would like to help out or even sponsor, please let me know so I can work out the details with you.

If we do this, I would like to invite ALL cars and trucks interested. Stock, Hot Rods, Imports, Exotic, Classic, whatever! The ultimate goal here would be to raise money for the Childrens Hospital while having fun, so however we can raise it, lets do it. But, I hope to get as many exotics together as we can so we can all get to know each other and maybe get a large enough group of exotics to have a local Exotic Car Show one year!

I hope to hear from you!. Keep your eye on this thread to get information as we progress! Thank You! -Paul
paul@exoticcarsgonewild.com
Old 03-18-2004, 10:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX4853, Roush 451FE
Not Ranked     

Home Depot parking lot is a zoo 24/7! Which area would you do it? When, didn't see a date or time.

Car show with any awards?

JQ
Old 03-18-2004, 10:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Custom Built Classic Motor Carriage T 5 Z tranny still in the making ..
Not Ranked     

Austin Does have the best children's Hospitals in Texas.
The Staff is just great .
My Nephew was in and out for 2 long years .
I pulled in a favor from the Austin Fire department to go see My Nephew David .They sent 14 fireman and 2 Fire trucks at there surprise and mine they did not only go to see him, but put smiles on all the sick kids I wasn't their but it was just great to here they were so pleased .
David spent some time in Houston where he received his bone marrow transplant which didn't take as David was taking his last breaths he wanted to go back to Austin their is where he took his last breath .
I would love to help out give me more info and let me Know
Thanks Tony
Old 03-18-2004, 11:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by mustangmendez

Austin Does have the best children's Hospitals in Texas.
The Staff is just great .
My Nephew was in and out for 2 long years .
I pulled in a favor from the Austin Fire department to go see My Nephew David .They sent 14 fireman and 2 Fire trucks at there surprise and mine they did not only go to see him, but put smiles on all the sick kids I wasn't their but it was just great to here they were so pleased .
David spent some time in Houston where he received his bone marrow transplant which didn't take as David was taking his last breaths he wanted to go back to Austin their is where he took his last breath .
I would love to help out give me more info and let me Know
Thanks Tony
Very touching Tony. My heart goes out to you and your family.

The Home Depot parking lot I am working on getting is abandoned. Samuels Diamonds put on a car show there last summer and it was BIG! I am hoping I get the o.k. to use the lot for this show as well. I have been working on contacting the owners for the last 2 hours and it's like playing phone tag. I don't have a date set yet because I don't have a location. Once I get a location, I'll somehow find a resonable date.

I hope you guys can join us once this is set. Cobras are a car that everyone dreams about! I see some of you out at the Oak Hill Show every now and then and can't help but imagine myself ripping through gears in your cars! I drive the red Lamborghini Countach replica thats out there alot. I think this show can be HUGE since I have posted and gotten responses from Austin car and racing clube, NSX clubs, Ferrari clubs and you guys. Just wait till we get flyers out! I hope to get flyers made and email them th you guys so you can help promote by printing out a few and handing them out. If this goes as good as I am anticipatingl this will probably become an annuel event. I would like to encourage you guys to bring a "Cobra Club" banner if possible and represent your site and club. Thanks again for your responses!
-Paul
Attached Images

Old 03-19-2004, 01:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett-Morrison, Boss 351
Not Ranked     

If I'm in town I'll be there. Anything to help out a good cause!
Old 03-20-2004, 01:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Thanks for your responses my friends! I have had so many people respond to this on other forums and emails, I think I'll be giving the "Rudy's Car Show" a run for the money! LOL, well maybe not, but I am thinking there may be a good 100 cars participating in this from all the responses. I REALLY hope you guys can attend since you guys would probably be the big attraction!

There has been pretty good confirmation that "Sideways Autosound, Inc " (formally Xtreme Sounds) will be a sponsor, as well as a local skateboard shop. There will also be about 15 models there for photos and a DJ spinning records for our musical entertainment.

Alot of the guys are looking for backup parking lots to have the show at, in case I can't get the Home Depot lot, so it's just a matter of time for us to get a date and location.

I'll do my best to keep you all updated. Again, THANK YOU for helping out this cause and wanting to have fun with us! -Paul D.