14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2004, 05:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #1949, Color Black & Gold, Keith Craft 427/482 cubic inch Genisis sideoiler, 637 HP, Tremec 5 speed.
Not Ranked     
Default New Superformance Cobra Ordered, Finally...

Well, it finally happened. I ordered my first cobra yesterday. A Superformance from Reed Performance and am I already excited about it's arrival, app 3 months. Can't hardly wait to get it to Tyler and get to work on the install. Have recruited a couple of local cobra owners to assit. "Remember that offer you made a few months ago Tom Meadows??"

I am fairly new to the Cobra Club, but I did attend the Austin meet, where I learned a great deal about the cars and also met a lot of nice people that were very helpful, ie: Dan Hardiman, Tom Meadows, John Russell & Gary Sharapa to name a few. Thanks guys. I am ready to get off the sidelines and get involved!!!

I will keep you updated with the progress when car arrives and will most likely have a ton of tech questions when the time comes..

Thanks,

Allen Findley
Old 05-22-2004, 05:53 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1507 427 Dart Block Windsor
Not Ranked     

Allen,

Congratulations! You're gonna love it!

Lowell
Old 05-22-2004, 12:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #1949, Color Black & Gold, Keith Craft 427/482 cubic inch Genisis sideoiler, 637 HP, Tremec 5 speed.
Not Ranked     

Thanks Lowell. I am definitely looking forward to it

Allen
Old 05-22-2004, 05:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CAV GT40 #169, Ford 408 Stroker & ZF Transaxle
Not Ranked     

Allen,

Congrats on your SPF order...What Color are you getting?
Old 05-22-2004, 08:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks Gary. Well, I hate to tell you this, but I got black with champagne stripes, chrome wheels, stainless sidepipes... Sound familiar?? Couldn't help it after seeing your car in Austin. Loved it.. Plus, being originally from Louisiana, had to go with the Saints colors. Well, it sounded good anyway. Plan on going the FE route with it. I figure in the future, some will have figured you moved to Tyler!!!!!!

Can't wait,

Allen
Old 05-23-2004, 05:14 AM
The Royal Rhubarb
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #495,427SO, Stroked
Send a message via AIM to ERA600hp
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Allen

Way to Go!!

Have Tool's will travel !

You'll be well pleased with your choice!!

Many happy day's ahead!

Yep, you need help give me or aynbody connected with TCC and we'll come a runnin!!

You've got to have it ready for Austin in 2005, man that sounds bad, 2005.

The Royal Rhubarb
Old 05-23-2004, 06:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks Tom..... I will be calling.... Being a rookie, still have a lot of questions and will need alot of help. With a little luck and a "few" dollars, hope to have it going by the fall, maybe... Now that car has been selected and ordered, after a lot of research about the cars primarily on this site. Now, time to get to work on the drivetrain. Ready to go...

Allen
Old 05-23-2004, 06:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance 1710, Sunset Red/Titanium Stripe, 428 FE with dual quads
Not Ranked     

Tex,

Sounds like a great car. The color combination is striking and unique. I think you'll be happy with the FE engine as well. It will have the correct 'look' whether you go 390, 427, or 428.

Congratulations.
Old 05-23-2004, 07:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Congratulations!

I recommend calling Olthoff Racing and asking them what suspension "upgrades" are available. I would also recommend checking about all other upgrades, including the Pro Shifter. It is better to do these upgrades while the car is being built.
Old 05-23-2004, 08:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Well Allen, You are on your way. It will be nice to have another Superformance in town. I know you, Michelle and the boys will all have a blast with the car. All we need now is to find you a 427 SO block and were off. Having done two engine installs and know what and what not to do , it will be a snap to do yours. I look forward in us rumbling down the highway when your car is done.
Old 05-23-2004, 10:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks Dan, Bandit & Sierramadre.. It is exciting as you guys well know..

Already had one bad experience with an original 427 so block and that once was probably enough. Think that I am going the Genesis route with 427 so. have been impressed with what I've read heard etc...

Dan, thanks again for the ride. It only made matters worse!!!!!

Allen
Old 05-23-2004, 06:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CAV GT40 #169, Ford 408 Stroker & ZF Transaxle
Not Ranked     

Allen,

You'll love the color combination. I had mine out last Thursday night at a local car gathering up in Frisco and everyone kept telling how much they loved the black and gold stripes...
Old 05-23-2004, 07:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks Gary. Like I said, I really got the inspiration from your car. was really torn betwen 3 colors, but I just had to go with the black and gold. Classy, different, beautiful etc.... Looked at a lot of different cars that are for sale, but had to go with a new one that will be mine. You know what I mean.....

Read your post on the Thursday night gathering, I agree, sounds like everyone loved the color and the car. Well, except maybe the vette guys later that evening HA!!

Saw that you have your car for sale. Hope you sell it and then again, hope that you don't!!!!!!! Looking forward to doing some cruises with you Dallas guys....

Allen
Old 05-24-2004, 02:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Allen,

Welcome to the Superformance family. You are now a member of a true Elite family of very proud owners of an exciting legendary sportscar. You will find that we are very passionate about our cars. These tend to be an extension of the owners zest for life. What luck you have to live in Texas with all these TCC gang.

You and Gary both should be proud to drive that color combination, it means a lot to me, as that is a color combo that my late brother Ronnie was so animate about.

Allen,
I want to personally thank you for your confidence in Reed Performance as well as the Superformance product. I pledge to meet of exceed your expectations with a level of personal service second to none. I will personally deliver your car and spend the day with you getting to know your car, if you like.

Doug Reed
Old 05-24-2004, 05:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks Doug. As you know, I am certainly looking forward to it's arrival in August.. I greatly appreciate your courtesy, professionalism and your overall eagerness to help me better understand the Superformance cars.

The more I think about the color combination that I chose, the more I know that I made the right decision for me.

I am looking forward to your arrival to Flint Texas in August. Dinner is on me!!

Allen
Old 05-24-2004, 07:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #1374 with 392 RDI Stroker
Not Ranked     

Tex, I can vouch for Doug Reed. Having owned another Cobra from a different manufacturer, "Shelby Endorsed", I had a chance to look at everything in the U.S. market. Superformance is by far the hands down winner.
The best thing is that even though the car is perfect, the family, friendship, support and everything that Doug, Jim Price and countless other Superformance people put in their product. It is indeed a family affair.
August is a long time to wait and you must be getting itchy.
If you get bored and are in Houston, contact me and you can drive mine to numb the pain. These cars are built to drive and not trailered around. They run fast and steal trophys.
Believe me, Doug is first class and is always on the end of a phone line for advice.
Welcome to the Superformance family.
If you get your car in August, it will probably be December before we can wipe the smile off of your face!!
By the way, I do like your color scheme.
Mark

Last edited by Goober; 05-24-2004 at 08:22 PM..
Old 05-24-2004, 08:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Mark "Goober," Post like these are just reassuring me further that I made the right decision with Superformance. I like yourself, had looked at a lot of different car mfg's, but had never previously owned a cobra before. Had to keep going back to Superformance because of reasons that you are aware of.

I am in Houston from time to time, may take you up on that offer!!!!

Allen

P.S. Haven't even received the car yet and already can't keep the smile off of my face!!!!!!!
Old 05-25-2004, 05:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Allen,

I know you're going to love your Superformance more than any car you've ever owned. Congratulations.

You also will find out very quickly tha Doug Reed is the best! Even though I did not buy my car from him he has helped me out many times. He always goes out of his way to see that I get what I need. And one thing I really appreciate about him, he is always good to return phone calls, and to do what he says he's going to do.

What ever you do, I would not buy a motor from Coast High/Probe Racing. I can assure you they don't give you Doug's kind of service.

If you want a 427 SO, Stretch Williams has one that you should probably take a look at.

I'll look forward to meeting you next year in Austin.

Rocket Man
Old 05-25-2004, 06:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF, 428FE
Not Ranked     

Allen
I just finished my SPF and have had it 3 weeks now. So far I have put 800 miles on it. You are going to have a blast. I look for every reason to drive it. I may suggest that when you go the FE rout, that you do your homework. It helps kill the time while you wait, plus there are many people who do not know much about that vintage motor (that's what I found). I am sure the FE guys will agree.
And go out and find the tape, Bill Cosby at 200 MPH, you will be able to relate.
Old 05-25-2004, 09:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks for the post guys. Ya'll are only making the wait harder!!! I still have a lot to do before car arrives.

Ted, I have never heard of High Probe racing, but I will take your advice on that. May look into the motor Strech has and see what it is all about.

sdcobraman, didn't I read somewhere that Bill Cosby had purchased an original car years ago?? Makes sense with the video you are mentioning. Have been doing a lot about of research on the FE's. Had a lot to learn about them, still learning..

Thanks again,

Allen