14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2004, 07:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: JBL - TK0600, Electromotive EFI, Keith Craft 408W "standard crate", ~575hp
Send a message via MSN to Texas-Saluki Send a message via Skype™ to Texas-Saluki
Not Ranked     
Default looking good

Well it looks like to blew over....

Sunny here...

see you all in a while
http://www.thenolands.com

www.txcobraclub.com
Old 07-03-2004, 02:20 PM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

Gary,
You certainly have one BEAUTIFUL CSX !!!

Thanks for inviting all of us over to drool on it.
Old 07-03-2004, 04:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 89 KEITH CRAFT ALL ALUMINUM 427 WINDSOR
Not Ranked     

GARY

That is one beautiful SHELBY now. It won't be long for you will have it on the road, you can see the enthusiasm or what ever you call it in your face HA!HA! I was wandering if the neighbors had any complains of the half dozen snakes rumbling through and terrorizing the neighborhood? Well thanks for letting the misses and I for coming over to check out the hood and the SHELB

DON
Old 07-03-2004, 05:18 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Previous owner of SPF#1938, with a Keith Craft 496ci Genesis 427 side oiler, 667 FWHP, 633 FWTQ, 560 RWHP, 550 RWTQ.
Not Ranked     
Cool Dave........

I drove in from Roanoke no problem, so I imagine you could have made it from Keller if you wanted to.
There is a real simple solution to your issue though. Just step up to the plate and sponsor the August meeting and you can have the location closer to your home base.

Gary, the CSX is beautiful! Thanks for having us over to check it out!

Don't interfere with somethin' that ain't botherin' you none.
Old 07-03-2004, 07:25 PM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #291 *has left the garage*
Not Ranked     
Wink boy, that was a long drive!

yeah, my 6 minute drive hardly warmed things up. Hubby and I just got back from a 1 1/2 hour drive in the country. Just on the interstate for a little while; then enjoyed the country roads. Still pretty hot outside. Am washing the same load for 2nd time from boys' scout camp. Got to double wash 2 more loads. I'll be here for a while if anybody wants to chat....
I'm "up" for a drive to the other side of the metroplex in August. Hot as h***, I bet, so let's be sure whoever takes it makes it early! Like 8 or something. An IHOP or such.... I'll be back from the cool climate of Sweden then....
Kristen
thanks also, Gary, for showing "the girls" the backroom. Very nice.... menage et trois
Very nice at on the border. lots of fun today. good to meet you Don and your wife...?? Sorry didn't get to visit with Jim much. Fred, that pink thong was to die for... luv it....

Last edited by hey,littlecobra; 07-03-2004 at 07:28 PM..
Old 07-05-2004, 04:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     

Kristen,

Well we are freezing over here in Aussie land. At 6c (42f) right now. Nearly snow.

My wife Anne left early yesterday for Thailand for two weeks with our older two daughters. She just phonned to say its 85f there and wet.

She goes onto Germany etc. for three weeks after that, so its one extreme to another for her.

Some have a good life whilst I work

In the meantime, my Cobra is in getting painted and I must be honest I'm glad its away during winter.

Anyway back to work.

Hope you al have a great day. Have fun cruising there.

Cheers

Bernie
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026
Old 07-05-2004, 05:43 AM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Hi, Bernie!

Boy, you've been busy posting, there on the other side of the world, in your cold, winter day.....
Bernie, your name came up during the Saturday lunch....
it was good! At my end of the table, you were voted the "most fun poster" on all of CC!!! What an honor- and hard to achieve with our tough bunch... (Jay wasn't even there!!!)
If some of us make it to the Fling next year, you'll have to join us. Yeah, forget about the job.....
Kristen
Old 07-06-2004, 04:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     
Lightbulb 98% proof - Georgia Moon

Kristen

Jay may tell you the story about the boys from Georgia and the "Georgia moon" on Saturday night at the Run N Gun.

Anyway, at the 'Run N Gun' the boys there; George Gessford and Rick Lake filled a small jar with 'Georgia Moon" for me.

As you do - they stood back and watched me drink it.

Well here I am standing there with George and Rick trying to convince them that the moon is up the other way in Australia.
And the sun rises in the east and goes through the north and sets in the west???

Now try doing that at 1.00am with a jar of "Georgia Moon" in you.

They just re fill my jar - hell their real gentlemen..

Great guys. They ate my share of breakfast as I had a headache from the engine noise the day before.

You know they made me an honoury member of TCC on the agreement that I bring the beer.

Find I get on the forum after work, whilst the crew here are cleaning up. So I am on and off pending work.

Anne will tell you I am only working as the Cobra is away. (Two days a week anyway)

She left a long list of things to do around the house on our fridge door. I guess I will get some help in to do them all.

Would like to catch up with you all in Ohio at DVSF next year.

Cheers

Bernie (most fun poster?)
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026

Last edited by BMK; 07-06-2004 at 04:23 AM..
Old 07-06-2004, 11:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hello all,

I stopped by On the Border on Saturday with some friends, but arrive around noon. I had planned to chat with you all but everyone was engrossed in conversation and enjoying their lunch. I'll have to make it out to the next one early, so I can chat with everyone. Anyways, I snapped a few digital pictures before my friends and I got some lunch. I also snapped one just before everyone drove off. See you all next time... Enjoy the pictures.

http://community.webshots.com/user/cholobowicz
Old 07-06-2004, 12:00 PM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default well, lucky1!!

I am sooo sad and sooo honored! I can't BELIEVE you came by and didn't join right in with our merry little group! We had 5 or 6 spots ready for ya! Also was looking for Matt Smith- up from Cypress Springs I think? So, next time, just jump right in, and you'll quickly find a conversation to join into... After we left the restaurant many of us went over to Gary M.'s house to see his new CSX roller. Hey, Matt. We were looking for you, too!!

I am sooo honored lucky1, that 4 of the 9 pictures are of my car! cool! (Of course for you thick headed ones it's the blue one with white pipes... )

This is soo disgusting. After the fun lunch thing, my hubby and I went cruising around in the evening. Well, if you recall he is recovering from a nasty little snake bite on his ankle. After driving around for a couple of hours he had the gall to "spit on the side pipe" to see just how quick it would sizzle and evaporate. Guess he was really "getting back" at the pipe for biting him a while back! Now there's this gross looking splat on the pipe. Kinda matches the bird poop in the book. Oh well, guess that's just part of it! huh??

gotta go! John Ross. Ya out there? things are going good...
Kristen
Old 07-06-2004, 12:01 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SHELBY GT500...slightly modified. Former owner of CSX4758..a GEM of a ride!
Not Ranked     

Lucky1.....don't ever let that happen again. Remember this is Texas and we do things different here. Just come on over an intoduce yourself and if we don't have room for you and your guests you can make damn sure we'll make room. It's all about the people..as the cars are what brings us together. Stay tuned to this board as August approaches. About a week before someone will step up and take the meeting as we move it around town. Thanks to all of you that came by to see my new toy and thanks for all the kind words..................Now I need to air condition my garage.......I'm working on it.

Gary
Old 07-06-2004, 12:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Re: well, lucky1!!

Quote:
Originally posted by hey,littlecobra

I am sooo honored lucky1, that 4 of the 9 pictures are of my car! cool! (Of course for you thick headed ones it's the blue one with white pipes... ) [/b]
What can I say I'm a fan of your cobra. Mine will look very much like yours, though I plan on using chrome wheels and side pipes. Next time I'll be sure to get to the meet earlier.

-Colin
Old 07-06-2004, 12:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Thanks Gary!

It's a shame I didn't get to see your car.

-Colin
Old 07-06-2004, 12:19 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SHELBY GT500...slightly modified. Former owner of CSX4758..a GEM of a ride!
Not Ranked     

Well Thank You Colin.......I'm your favorite car's Godfather....since hey, littlecobra took Pepe' home to live with her. Pepe' loves all the attention and soon will have a big brother to run around with.

Gary
Old 07-06-2004, 12:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

By the way, all the cars sounded absolutely awesome!! Watching everyone rumble by gave me goose bumps. Sweet Jesus I need to build one of those!

-Colin
Old 07-06-2004, 12:26 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Colin...what part of town are you in? Your welcome to come by anytime and see my new one.

Gary
Old 07-06-2004, 12:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by Gary Morris

Well Thank You Colin.......I'm your favorite car's Godfather....since hey, littlecobra took Pepe' home to live with her. Pepe' loves all the attention and soon will have a big brother to run around with.

Gary
You did a great job! Which kit did you go with? How many have you built?

-Colin
Old 07-06-2004, 12:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by Gary Morris

Colin...what part of town are you in? Your welcome to come by anytime and see my new one.

Gary
I'm over in Dallas, near the intersection of I-35 and Inwood.

-Colin
Old 07-06-2004, 12:49 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

It's an ERA that was already built. All I did was go through it and make a lot of changes. We have had 5 ERA's in the group at one time and have had the engine out of all 5 at one time or another so for us it's a piece of cake. Superformance and Lone Star are 2 other brands that this group has extensive knowledge and know how on. A couple of people have bought Kirkhams and we're still learning on those. I'm about a mile form the On The Border we were at Saturday so just let me know when you have some free time and we can get together.

Gary
Old 07-06-2004, 12:56 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Also......we have owners of just about every mfg. you can think of so whoever you decide to go with we can hook you up with someone to give you some pointers and we are always anxious to help out any way we can. In our group we now have the following mfg's represented....hope I don't miss anyone....ERA, Superformance, Backdraft, Kirkham, Shelby,Classic, Lone Star, Factory5, DAX, CMS,.....and probably a few more. What you want to makle sure you don't miss is our annual get together in Austin for 3 days of just plain old fun and B/S. Nex year it will be in March. Last year we had roughly 87 Cobras and a GT40.

Gary