14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2005, 07:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Owned CSX 3121 1969-1975. Went to the dark side and bought a 'Vette. May yet repent and be saved.
Not Ranked     

Georgia bro: how have I lived my life so far without that web site. Whoever puts that stuff out is hard wired into what passes for my brain.

The Cobra thing is really starting to eat on me. I guess I just want it to be 1973 again, with CSX 3121 back in my garage, twice a Summer Cobra Club meetings at our house with the omnipresent keg of beer, and the feeling of absolute dominance that I felt every time that 427 exploded into life. Sort of like wishing that you had your cheerleader high school girl friend back now that you've discovered true depravity.

Maybe the problem is that Cobras are still stuck back in those days, and after a couple of decades of miserable and depressing cars, automotive technology has reached the point where it can offset seven or eight hundred (or a thousand) pounds of vehicle weight.

BTW, that stroker Sportster is still around, but my usual two wheeled ride these days is a Kaw ZX10R. Even at 65, some of that insane flame still burns.
Old 01-13-2005, 11:47 AM
Stolen Avitar
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 1311 428PI
Not Ranked     

Marco, glad to see the fires are still burning! Yeah, I guess Cobras are stuck in the 60s, but light weight, traction and power still rule the day in a performance arena. I agree that automotive technology has grown leaps and bounds in just the last decade or so and it's much easier to get a good performing car with all of the creature comforts that we've become used to. However, I can't imagine wanting to listen to a stereo in a healthy Cobra. Don't want it to interfere with the pipe music you understand. I still haven't had an opportunity to ride a ZX10/12 but that puppy has to be a rush! As for the plastic frog (the vette LOL) that's hard to poo poo on because it offers so much for, comparatively speaking, so little. It's still powered by the dark side though! Maybe what I need is a Cobra built on a shortened C5 chassis with a monster Ford motor. Yeah, that's the ticket!
Old 01-13-2005, 04:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 289FIA / SA 351W / a truly glorious machine
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by james-w

For me I have always loved the lines of the car, the raw horsepower and bad boy attitude make for the perfect play car. For me the Cobra is an expression of "now I can because I want to" When I was a teenager I loved the car but like most others at that stage of my life, reality got in the way of toys. Now in my mid 30's I own one because I want one. I don't psychoanalyze the reasons behind it. There is just something about the body lines that make kids (both big and little) stop, point and smile.

James
Now in my 60's I own one because I want one.

other than that correction the above is absolutly correct... No more complicated than that........