14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2005, 10:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Scratch build......a little every day.
Not Ranked     
Default SEMA SHOW 2005....anyone going???

SEMA SHOW 2005, Las Vegas
It's not too early to plan. First of November.
The wife and I are already registered and just seeing if any Texas Club members are able to go. My employment is getting me there. I know it's difficult to get tickets but ............if you know people in the business....just maybe.......they'll help you out.
After seeing all the activities at SEMA from all the television shows..."RIDES"..."OVERHAUL"..."Jay Leno"....etc....I made a point to make it this year.
Dave
elgecko
Old 07-27-2005, 11:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance Roush 427
Not Ranked     

Dave, We have about 6 to 8 people from our office going to SEMA for the week. It is a great show and if anyone needs help in getting tickets drop me a note. The tickets are not free but are not much (Advance online registration is $15 per person. Advance registration by fax or mail is $25 per person. Onsite registration will be $50 per person.

The biggest trick is getting a room, can't help you there !!

Thanks, db
Texas Motor Speedway
Old 07-27-2005, 01:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey db,
We nomally stay at the Las Vegas Hilton but......not available. So, it's going to be Sahara. Real close to Convention Center and the BIG plus is that it's on the monorail system route. The son is going and is big NASCAR fan and the Sahara has a NASCAR theme.
Anyone looking for a room......... Try to stay on the East side of Strip at a hotel that is serviced by the monorail line. A BIG time saver. See....www.lvmonorail.com
See ya there.
Dave
elgecko
Old 07-28-2005, 05:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #1949, Color Black & Gold, Keith Craft 427/482 cubic inch Genisis sideoiler, 637 HP, Tremec 5 speed.
Not Ranked     

Dave,

My wife and I are planning on going. We have never been before. I have plane tickets purchased, but haven't registered for the show or reserved a hotel yet. If you have been before, any advice on do's and dont's??

Thanks,

Allen
Old 07-28-2005, 05:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi Allen
You must remember that the SEMA show is not open to the general public. You must be in an automotive related field to attend, or have a good friend that can get you in. www.semashow.com .See Don Barnes reply.
NOW is the time to get things together. Motels go fast and some prices are definitly on the high side. Do an internet search for motels. This is one of the larger conventions to hit Las Vegas.
With the introduction of the Las Vegas Monorail system, staying at a motel that is serviced by the system is a plus. The rail system covers the strip in 14 minutes., with a stop at the convention center. Sure beats a cab fare. See www.lvmonorail.com
Good luck. Believe me, you'll need the 4 days to get thru the show.
Oh yeah, Shelby Cobra is a few miles north of Vegas. With tours every morning at 10:30am, I believe. Might be a nice place for some of us to meet. A rental car helps to get there.
More questions, just ask.
Dave
elgecko

Last edited by elgecko; 07-28-2005 at 10:01 AM..
Old 07-28-2005, 07:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #1949, Color Black & Gold, Keith Craft 427/482 cubic inch Genisis sideoiler, 637 HP, Tremec 5 speed.
Not Ranked     

Dave,

I was not aware of this. My ignorance of SEMA. I thought that it was open to the general public. I only learned of SEMA a little while ago and since we had already planned a trip to Vegas, we thought that we would attend. We may have to pass, as I am not in the automotive industry at all. I am not sure if I know anyone that could possibly get me in. I'll check around and see. If you know of any other way I could attend, please let me know.

Thanks,

Allen
Old 07-28-2005, 03:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 89 KEITH CRAFT ALL ALUMINUM 427 WINDSOR
Not Ranked     

Hey Tex

Your buddy Don Smith here, the wife and me would like to go to Vegas, You get us plane tickets, I can get you in the Sema show. Sounds like a really good deal to us . By the way tell your lovely wife Michelle the Smiths said HI.

DON
Old 07-29-2005, 06:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hello Don,

Good to hear from you. Good deal to us?? Well, I guess so!! Do I get my pick of one of the cars there for that deal?? Thanks for the offer, but I think I'll keep trying to find a way in the show. I'll tell Michelle about your very generous offer though!!

Keep in touch.

Allen
Old 07-29-2005, 08:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 89 KEITH CRAFT ALL ALUMINUM 427 WINDSOR
Not Ranked     

HEY TEX

Not to hi-jack this thread, but just wonder if you might try to make it the TCC meeting at forney this time? We are planning on coming,

DON
Old 08-02-2005, 06:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Jay Leno will be the guest speaker at the awards dinner for SEMA. Tickets are ,of course, hard to come by. Exhibitors get first crack at tickets for the dinner. ($$$$$).
Oh well. Hope to see a few members at the show.
Tex, have you found a way to go to SEMA yet?
Dave

Last edited by elgecko; 08-03-2005 at 06:06 AM..
Old 08-03-2005, 05:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Dave,

I think that I have. Don Barnes is helping me out. Looks pretty good so far. I checked on rooms and there are still plenty available. So, looks pretty good for now. Looking forward to the show and maybe meeting you guys there.

Allen
Old 08-03-2005, 08:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CMC, Supercharged Ford 5.0 & all the toys.
Not Ranked     

Still trying to see if I can get (share) booth space with someone else, but I'll at least be there as a spectator.

BTW, in case anyone else is interested, here are some photos (cars and models) from SEMA a few years ago...

http://www.narwani.org/neil/cars/sema/

Cheers,
-Neil.

CMC Cobra, Ford 5.0, EFI, Vortech supercharged, T5Z, 8.8 rear, MII front, 4-wheel discs, A/C, stereo.
Old 08-03-2005, 12:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

MY....GOSH ....Neil, "some"photos ??? There's over 200!!!
Looking at them is getting me all excited....the cars, mine you.
Hope you get set up out there, VEIsystems looks GREAT.
Dave
Old 08-05-2005, 10:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CMC, Supercharged Ford 5.0 & all the toys.
Not Ranked     

Yepper -- I had planned on spending the last half-day before my flight running around Vegas, but I decided it would be best spent back at SEMA just to take photos. And I remembered exactly where to find those Pirelli girls! I've been meaning to organize the photos, but 2 years later, I think I might as well admit that it will never get done.

Thanks!
-Neil.

CMC Cobra, Ford 5.0, EFI, Vortech supercharged, T5Z, 8.8 rear, MII front, 4-wheel discs, A/C, stereo.
Old 08-08-2005, 10:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: n/a
Send a message via AIM to strawbry Send a message via Yahoo to strawbry
Not Ranked     

Hi! New to the site and honestly don't know much about cars - I'm more exposed to the import scene overall, but regardless of that, I can't help but think the Cobra was/is one of the sexiest cars ever made. My ex's dad used to (maybe still does?) build kit cars in north Houston so that's where it started.

I was surfin' the web and came across this thread. Just wanted to share that my fiancee and I will be in Vegas getting married during SEMA week (not a coincidence, haha), but of course, none of our 'car' friends can help us get into the show. We even went on a limb and sent Chip Foose an e-mail to see if he would marry us (who needs Elvis, right?), but no go on that one. It was worth a shot...

As for some advise on hotels, etc, we got a great deal through www.vegas.com (air+hotel is a much better deal than just air or hotel). We're flying from Austin, staying 5 nights at the Aladdin and have a rental car, all for $1400, which doesn't seem that bad considering the outrageous nightly rates around that area.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hi to all and hopefully I can learn a few things here and there when I have time and one day, be able to have a Cobra of my own.

Dave, you mentioned Shelby Cobra being a few miles north of Vegas. You have any other info on that? Would love to check it out while I'm there... thanks!
-Nisha
Old 08-08-2005, 11:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi Nisha
Glad you stopped in and visited with us here on the board.:
You can find more info on Shelby America at www.shelbyamerican.com/tours.asp
Since you will have a rental car ..... no problem. The main tours are at 10:30am thru the week.
It's funny but my wife and I got married at a Drive-Up Wedding in Las Vegas on the Strip.. We rented a Viper and cruised right in.
Maybe we'll run into ya"ll out there.
Dave
Old 08-08-2005, 04:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: n/a
Send a message via AIM to strawbry Send a message via Yahoo to strawbry
Not Ranked     

Thanks Dave! We'll definitely check it out. No drive-thru for us though (4 door economy rental car won't cut it!) but there's still time to try to get into SEMA so fingers crossed for that.

Thanks again!