Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2006, 10:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane #1037, 351C, TKO 600
Not Ranked     
Post Austin Spring Meet Itinerary

DRAFT OF THE MARCH SPRING MEET. WE ARE LOCKING THINGS UP. SHOULD BE A GRAND OLE TIME.

WEDNESDAY 22 MARCH 2006

12:00 p.m. - ? EARLY CHECK IN

Austin Marriott North
512-733-6767

THURSDAY 23 MARCH 2006

08:00 a.m. — ?: TEXAS COBRA CLUB ARRIVES
HOTEL CHECK IN PHOTO CAFÉ (INDIVIDUAL PHOTOS) LUNCH (PAY AS YOU GO) DINNER (PAY AS YOU GO) TAILGATE PARTY

FRIDAY 24 MARCH 2006

08:00 a.m. — ?: HOTEL CHECK IN REGISTRATION AND PACKET PICK UP PHOTO CAFÉ (INDIVIDUAL PHOTOS) LUNCH (PAY AS YOU GO) DINNER (PAY AS YOU GO) TAILGATE PARTY

SATURDAY

7:00 a.m. — 09:00 a.m.: REGISTRATION AND PACKET PICK UP PHOTO CAFÉ (INDIVIDUAL PHOTOS)

9:00 a.m. — 9:30 a.m.: STAGING FOR GROUP PHOTO

09:45 a.m. — 10:30 a.m.: GROUP PHOTO

10:30 a.m. — 12:00 p.m.: CRUISE THROUGH THE BEAUTIFUL HILL COUNTRY

12:00 p.m. — TBA: LUNCH (ANNUAL MEETING)

TBA: RETURN TO HOTEL: Austin Marriott North TAILGATE PARTY

SUNDAY
RETURN HOME – BUMMER

"Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory."
Old 02-26-2006, 03:16 PM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #291 *has left the garage*
Not Ranked     

hi, Greg. thanks for posting. Are we considering a different restaurant than El Arroyo for lunch on Saturday??? That's fine with me, just wondering if there was a change. They seem to like us; we like them, wondering if there is a scheduling conflict??
thanks!
Kristen
Old 02-26-2006, 06:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Post New Restuarant

Kresten,

We are actually cruising through to Marble Falls. We will be eating at a restuarant called the River City Grille. Very Nice place and a great view.

Gregg H

BTW I will have there menu in the registration packets.

"Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory."
Old 03-20-2006, 01:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Trying to figure out the best way to see as many cars and owners as possible. Do you have a confirmed time for the River City Grill lunch. Would this be a better opportinity. We'll be driving up from San Antonio, and Marble Fall's is actually closer. Bringing my little 6 yr old and more importantly my financial adviser Kathy.....trying to make the best possible impression.

Thanks.
Old 03-20-2006, 04:54 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #122 (Sold) : Ford GT #484 Heritage Edition; 2008 GT500 Red/Black
Not Ranked     

Tom,

Come on down...actually what you will find is that while at lunch you can see alot of cars it might not be the best time..since everyone will be running from lunch to go cruise.

I would suggest that if you can swing it...drive up Friday evening or early early saturday morning to the Hotel when you can have time to look at all the cars and talk to the owners without them being in a hurry to get somewhere.

Hope to see you there.

Matt
Old 03-20-2006, 05:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Post Car viewing

Tom,

Matt is correct. ( A first I might add ) The best time to see all the cars and there owners is usually Friday evening 5:30 pm to 9:00 pm, Saturday Morning 0900 - 09:30 am and Saturday evening 5:30 - 9:00 pm.

Hope to see ya at the show

Gregg H

Old 03-20-2006, 07:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Guys..Thanks for the updates, but the earliest I've ever finished up on a friday in my line is 7-7:30.Please keep in touch leading up to saturday. My handle is the wine guy, and I'm certainly willing to trade wine, beer, etc. for knowledge on these beautiful cars. Just trying hard to sell my wife on the kit-car concept.

Thanks again!
Old 03-25-2006, 09:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via AIM to Soon2OwnMk3
Not Ranked     

Will anyone still be around Sunday? I would love to meet someone who has built a FFR. I will be buying one next month and would love it if I could spend some time with with someone who will share time in trade for lunch and a beer. I am in Austin.
Hope to hear from someone. Preferably a UT Fan. JK - Huskers aren't that bad.
Scott 512-350-5319 Cell
Old 03-26-2006, 04:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Welcome to the Austin Group

Scott,

Sorry I did get back to you sooner, but we have a number of FFR cars in our mix. I know of 4 right off the top of my head and I know of a couple that are in the build process.

Try and make our April meeting and I'm sure you can look and ask a million question at no charge.

We have a Yahoo user group you should sign up for; austincobraclub is the group name.

Welcome to the madness

Gregg H

Old 03-26-2006, 04:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Welcome to the Austin Group

Scott,

Sorry I did get back to you sooner, but we have a number of FFR cars in our mix. I know of 4 right off the top of my head and I know of a couple that are in the build process.

Try and make our April meeting and I'm sure you can look and ask a million question at no charge.

We have a Yahoo user group you should sign up for; austincobraclub is the group name.

Welcome to the madness

Gregg H