Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2006, 10:57 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary, FE, Tremec TKO 600
Not Ranked     
Default Houston area home info needed

My last posting asking for help relocating to the Houston area was lost in the website crash. I'd appreciate any info you Houston folks could forward to me about relocating to the area. I will be working out of Bush Intercontinental Airport. I'm thinking about the Lake Conroe area. I'll have about $500K to spend on a home. Ideally, I'd like about 2 acres or so of land. Lakefront would be nice, but I don't know if my $500K budget will allow that. I'll need a REALLY good school district. Any info on towns or developments to look into will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Doug
Old 02-27-2006, 05:58 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #621, Keith Craft 408
Not Ranked     

Doug:
Welcome to Houston and with a budget of 500k are you going to be surprised. Bucks go lots further here in the Houston area. Lake Conroe is spectacular and you'll find there's room in your budget. You have to remember though, this area is "Country" living. The school districts are good, not great. You're an hour from downtown and some of the best restaurants in the country, the theatre district is second only to NYC in tickets sold. Humble, Atascosita, Huffman, Crosby and Kingwood areas all border Lake Houston. The Commons is a new development in Huffaman with 1-5 acre homesites on the east side of Lake Houston. It's real country though. Drop me a line anytime or call I'll be glad to get you some more information.
Bill
Old 02-27-2006, 07:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classic LS427 (Under construction)
Send a message via Skype™ to mbishop
Not Ranked     

The North end of Lake Conroe has several developments that are in your range and are on acreage. 2 acres on the water is going to be tough. Off the water won't be a problem at all. It will be a quick trip down I45 to the Hardy tollway and out to IAH, under an hour easy. Small town public schools, not much you can do about that. A couple of really good private ones.

Check out http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Houstoncobraclub/ and join up. Great people and we all help you spend your money

Mark
Old 02-27-2006, 08:55 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary, FE, Tremec TKO 600
Not Ranked     

Thanks, guys. What would you say is the largest commonly available lot size on Lake Conroe? I can live with one acre or so, less than that and I'd feel a bit crowded. As far as Lake Houston, I fly right over it enough to know that I'd be unhappy with all the air traffic going overhead. I know it's hypocritical to say since I'm one of the pilots making noise all day long for those who live there, but I have to be honest, I don't want to live under all that noise. Is Conroe a pretty clean lake? Thanks for all the info.
Doug
Old 03-18-2006, 08:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance 514 ci
Not Ranked     

Perhaps I am way too late for this conversation but what are you looking for in "a lake"? Are you a water sports kinda guy or just want a view and to feed the ducks? The reason I ask is that there MIGHT be closer options available if you are not looking for great fishing and high powered boats or sailing. If boating is your goal, you are probably stuck with Lake Conroe (not a bad place to be stuck....just a ways from the airport)