LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2006, 11:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Newbie

Hey All,

My name is Andy and I live out in Lago Vista, northwest of Austin. I have been lurking around and thought I would introduce myself. I am in the process of completing my build plan and will order my FFR MKIII kit next month. I have signed up for the FFR 5.0L build school in May at Mott-Tech in MI. and can't wait.

Anyway...just wanted to say hello.

Andy
Old 04-05-2006, 12:11 PM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #291 *has left the garage*
Not Ranked     

welcome, Andy. Did you make it by Round Rock a couple of weekends ago for the annual meet?? I think Greg lives out that way, and hmmm, somebody else mentioned that area.
Anyway, good luck, and welcome to the texas section of CC!
Kristen
Old 04-05-2006, 07:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX4853, Roush 451FE
Not Ranked     

Andy, I live in Spicewood on the south side of the lake from you. Anytime you want to venture my way do so about 45 minutes.

I have a MKII FFR, three years now.

Welcome to the madness.....

Randy
Old 04-06-2006, 03:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane #1037, 351C, TKO 600
Not Ranked     
Default welcome to the madness

Andy,

Welcome to the fun. Hope you can make the April meeting. Get with Randy and hitch a ride.

Gregg H

"Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory."
Old 04-07-2006, 11:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Custom Built Classic Motor Carriage T 5 Z tranny still in the making ..
Not Ranked     
Default Welcome

Welcome good to here we have another Austin Cobra in the club .
Austin has a great bunch there just a little shy and need a tug every now and then .Its great to have on board .
Have any trouble with the ffr let us know .
I have done paint and body / mech work on the ffr as well as other Cobras .
Big T
Old 04-10-2006, 04:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LSC427, 351W, TKO500, Currie 9", 400HP
Not Ranked     
Smile The title gives it away.

Hello! As you can see you have another new member. I am in the process of getting my (stuff) together and looking at a LSC kit. What knid of feedback does anyone have about this kit?
Old 04-10-2006, 04:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Welcome

RRC,

You know that subject always comes up. It is what you feel comfortable with. I have seen all different makes and the all look good. It just depends on what you are looking for in a kit. I'm sure it will look great no matter the kit. Welcome to the party and you can keep up todate on all of the austin groups activity bt signing up on the Austincobraclubs Yahoo user group. W

Again welcome to the madness

Gregg H

"Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory."
Old 04-10-2006, 04:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lots fo different cars that change all of the time
Not Ranked     
Default just a hint

Jay

Run & Gun participant 1998-2005
Old 04-10-2006, 08:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

RRC,
The quality of the car has a lot to do with the build itself. You can do a fabulous job on a lower priced car and you can really end up with a near undrivable higher priced car.

There's a wide variety of things to look at when considering the various manufacturers. The overall quality of the product, the support from the company, the look of the car, how true you want it to be to an "original," what kind of motor you want in it and how you are going to use it. I know you want to get this show on the road, but I strongly encourage you to take your time doing your research. That way when it's all said and done you've got a car you truly love.

Alan and I have a Lonestar and we love it. It's a great car. Alan had been looking for awhile and had zeroed in on LSC - doing the build himself in our garage {Yike!}. Then we found one for sale across town. An LSC almost exactly how Alan had in mind. The guy built it on site at the LSC shop. It had a small block (392) though and he thought he'd eventually pull it out and put in a big block. A little over a year later the new bigger (418) small block was installed. That was in 2003 and we've had a blast in the car. The motor rocks, the car serves us well going to meets, on cruises, on the track. We're not afraid to get in it and drive.

We have, on two separate occassions, considered buying a new one (because in DFW, that seems to happen a lot). We considered the Kirkham quite seriously but on a trip to Sonic during the hem-hawing stage, we realized we'd never be that comfortable kicking around in an aluminum car.

And the other time was at an event put on by Doug Reed. He had a car for sale at his Snake Rattle and Roll event that I thought Alan was coming home with. Superformance is a solid car and we've seen quite a few go thru the DFW club. But it is a few (couple?) inches shorter than the LSC and for now Alan is more comfortable in the LSC.

So go to the Austin meet, ask questions like what they love about their car, what they'd change about their car, why they chose the car, etc. You may have different priorities but finding out about why someone chose their car will give you some insight into the car itself. And if you can wait til fall, there are 3 different events that draw large Cobra crowds. That's a good chance to get out and do some comparision looking.

Or come to Dallas. Our meetings are the first Saturday of the month and we'll post when and where on this site. Actually the next meeting will be at a car show in Carrollton. It's an annual thing for us. And there's usually a good showing of Cobras (as well as about 150 other cars). And at the regular meetings we've been getting about 12 or so. Heck the last meeting 7 of us drove in the rain. Including some guy who snuck his SIL's car out of the garage while he was yachting!
Old 04-11-2006, 04:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LSC427, 351W, TKO500, Currie 9", 400HP
Not Ranked     

Hey, I was actually at the Round Rock (Austin) meet. Were you there?
Old 04-11-2006, 05:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I was. We were the blue with white stripes cobra.

Actually, I was the one doing registration. And if you were still around late Saturday night I was the one who really enjoyed herself (I must've I don't remember much) and fell getting out of the elevator. I'm still nursing a swollen pinky finger.

Colleen
Old 04-11-2006, 07:05 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CMC, 351 Cleveland, Dual Quads, C6
Not Ranked     

Welcome Andy. There's a lot of information in the TCC and some of it is even truthful. Show up at a few meetings and ask questions, most of us love to talk.
Collen, are you about healed-up and ready for another round?
Old 04-11-2006, 07:41 PM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I took a pic of her busted pinkie last saturday- if my computer was a workin' I'd post it!
(keeping it on file so she can sue the company that made the shoes that she FELL OUT OF getting off the elevator)
(just playing with ya, girl)
oh, and btw, I was there too- blue cobra with white stripes....

and David was there.... White cobra with BLUE stripes....
getting the hang of this now????
Old 04-12-2006, 05:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default No one remembers Colleen

RRC,

The reason why you missed Colleen, was because she is a quick change artist. In one tad I swear she was in three different outfits. Her last job was a runway model. Thats how fast she changes clothes. :P

The Austin group is getting together on the 24th hook up us as we head down to San Marcos.

Gregg H

Old 04-12-2006, 08:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Gregg,
I told you I broke my zipper! I'm not sure how, but that little puller thing went flying across the room. And I could not get it back together to save my life. And I highly recommend not making phone calls from the hotel room to a cell phone in the parking lot if that number is a long distance call. $6 to call Alan to tell him to come fix my zipper!

Kristen,
How ARE you surviving with that ancient dial-up computer?? I think carrier pigeons must be faster.

David,
I'm not quite healed and I swore I was going to be a teetotaler, but I'm so looking forward to a trip to Houston or Austin. I was even thinking that once I get past my 2nd major fundraiser on 5/15, I could play hooky and fly down to Houston and see if y'all wanted to get together.

Last edited by Mrs 66 Snake; 04-12-2006 at 09:05 AM..
Old 04-12-2006, 11:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Yea Right

Nice cover story. I broke my zipper. Girls will do anything to get there man in a hotel room.

Gregg H

Old 04-12-2006, 07:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Yeah, we're soooo the ones with the ploys.
Old 04-13-2006, 06:31 AM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I think it ws "Alan, come BREAK my zipper".....

this computer thing is a total total drag. Mine is at compusa. called last night to tell me to come get it. I guess it's fixed. Yeah, if you're a computer nerd!
the next problem is the sony memory stick. for 2 years I've taken pics, then uploaded them straight from the stick to the computer. (HP 4 in one). Well, this memory stick won't upload. Says "error on memory card". whatever! It works in the camera. It works at walmart. It printed a cd at walmart too.
Seems to work fine to me, but won't upload. This all drives me crazy!! I just want to load the pics from Austin, and put them in the gallery. Shouldn't be that difficult, now should it???
And, that memory stick is expensive!

Anyway, too busy to get anything 'fun' done.

sorry to hijack your thread, Andy.
I hate computers.
kristen