14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2006, 07:43 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Previous owner of SPF#1938, with a Keith Craft 496ci Genesis 427 side oiler, 667 FWHP, 633 FWTQ, 560 RWHP, 550 RWTQ.
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Track Day at Texas Motor Speedway

Texas Driving Experience is hosting an open Track Day at Texas Motor Speedway, on Friday, September 15th, on the 2.5 mile ROVAL course.

The official announcement is posted below:
__________________________________________________ _______________

Roval Track Day Invitation
Texas Driving Experience at Texas Motor Speedway!
Friday, September 15th 2006

1. Wild Roval Day with Instruction and Critique for Your Street Car!
Back by popular demand! You have always wanted to see what your street car will do at the Track and here is the perfect opportunity to join us for a day filled with personal thrills as you put your own ride to the test on the 2.5 mile Roval at TMS. The Texas Driving Experience instructors will be providing a brief classroom session followed by 1) 30- minute Lead/Chase session and 3) 30-minute driving sessions including pointers and critique after each session! To drive the Wild Roval, participants must have previous, Texas Driving Experience or approved DE. If you are new to the sport, see the “Beginning Roval” Class. $275.00 includes lunch (Min 10 Max 50)

2. Beginning Wild Roval Day with Instruction and Critique for Your Street Car!
For those who want the Roval experience, but have not achieved their qualified status with approved DE classes, Texas Driving Experience is allowing first-timers the ability to get on the Big Track! After a Driver’s meeting, you will enter the Roval under a Lead/Chase Session for 2-30 minutes. This will show you the correct racing line for the Roval.. The remaining 2-30 minute Sessions will be Open. $300.00 includes lunch (Min 10 Max 50)

3. Full Test Day for Spec Racers!
Timing is everything! Now you can get your Spec Racer out on the track 1 day before the SCCA weekend! Here is the opportunity to join us for a day and get the extra track time needed before the big event! You will be driving the 2.5 Roval @ TMS. There will be a brief Drivers Meeting and then on to the Track for 4) 30- minute driving sessions. The day begins at 8:00! $225.00 Does not include critique or lunch (Min 15 Max 40)

4. Full Test Day for Spec Japan!
Timing is everything! Now you can get your Spec Japan out on the track 1 day before the SCCA weekend! Here is the opportunity to join us for a day and get the extra track time needed before the big event! You will be driving the 2.5 Roval @ TMS. There will be a brief Drivers Meeting and then on to the Track for 4) 30- minute driving sessions. The day begins at 8:00! $225.00 Does not include critique or lunch (Min 15 Max 40)

5. Full Test Day for Formula Mazda!
Formula Mazda guys asked for their own Session and now you have it! Get your Formula Mazda out on the track 1 day before the SCCA weekend! Here is the opportunity to join us for a day and get the extra track time needed before the big event! You will be driving the 2.5 Roval @ TMS. There will be a brief Drivers Meeting and then on to the Track for 4) 30- minute driving sessions. The day begins at 8:00! $225.00 Does not include critique or lunch (Min 15 Max 40)

Helmets are required and can be rented from TDE. All street vehicles will need to pass a technical inspection and safety inspection prior to entering the track.
***EARLY REGISTRATION at the TDE Office #118 Thursday, 091406 8:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.!***

Please respond to dawn@texasdrivingexperience.com ~ Call 817.430.4343 to sign up and get your registration packet!
__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Don't interfere with somethin' that ain't botherin' you none.

Last edited by jwoodard; 08-10-2006 at 08:08 AM..
Old 08-10-2006, 11:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #644 428 FE
Not Ranked     
Default First-Timers?

Jim,

For the first-timers, does an instructor ride with you, and if so, do you need dual roll bars?

I'm getting old too fast and smart too slow!
Old 08-10-2006, 01:40 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Previous owner of SPF#1938, with a Keith Craft 496ci Genesis 427 side oiler, 667 FWHP, 633 FWTQ, 560 RWHP, 550 RWTQ.
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up First Timers

Rick,

No the instructors do not ride with you. We are in lead cars and you follow us around the track.

Old 08-10-2006, 04:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lots fo different cars that change all of the time
Not Ranked     

The instructors do not have a death wish

This event is one heck of a great time!

Jay

Run & Gun participant 1998-2005
Old 08-10-2006, 06:58 PM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #291 *has left the garage*
Not Ranked     

Awesome event! I have loved it everytime.....
I'm tempted, but still recovering from May! (not physically! didn't break anything on me or the car!!!!)
Wish I could convince myself to go just a little bit faster.... chicken, I think. I will do this again, just not this time.
Kristen
ps. here is a photo, an example of the 'lead/chase' session. Yellow Corvette with the instructor, 3 'students' behind. We take turns being the leader of the students. It's fun! I was 3rd in line at first, so I could get the feel before I was in front. It's a challenge being right behind the instructor, the lead car of the students! Not many cobra's the day I went, mostly vette's. (there were a couple of Lotus's, too)
Great opportunity to try out your car on the big track (you can almost hear the roar of the crowd in the background) .
I think a lot of these Dallas waxers are chicken to run with me!
Hope you have a good turnout, Jim. The feedback from instructors is really beneficial.
HLC

and the winner is......

Last edited by hey,littlecobra; 08-10-2006 at 07:11 PM..
Old 08-11-2006, 08:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics Silver w/ Black 351 C
Not Ranked     

Hey Kristen,

Whos pants were you wearing that day?

RR
Old 08-11-2006, 08:37 AM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #291 *has left the garage*
Not Ranked     

Don Barnes's, of course.
Old 08-11-2006, 07:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics Silver w/ Black 351 C
Not Ranked     

I thought Don stopped attending the meetings because I was driving his car. Now I know the reast of the story.
Old 08-19-2006, 08:38 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #867 gone....
Not Ranked     

Hi Jay, Omigosh this sounds so fun,
I definitely need help with my turn lines so the critiques sound good. Also, is it improper etiquette to pass the lead car? I mean, after all, it's just a Vette...
I'll call you as I have a bunch of questions.
Thanks for the post!
Old 08-20-2006, 06:49 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR DAYTONA COUPE 302 COBRA FE STOCK
Not Ranked     
Default Fuel

Jim: Will the track have the fuel station open? Also, I have an expired Natl. SCCA license (2 yrs.)...will that qualify?

Larry
Old 08-21-2006, 08:43 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Fuel

The Track typically does not open the fuel station for these type events, however fuel will be available. Bobby Archer Motorsports will be there with his usual stock of Racing Supplies, tires and fuel, so no problem.
Regarding the expired SCCA license: we don't require any sanctioning body license, just a regular state issued drivers license.
Hope to see some of you there. Call me if you have any questions.