Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2006, 06:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Talking Musings from My Trip to Conroe

Wow! What a great weekend! I thoroughly enjoyed the hospitality of the HCC. If you have not hung out with this bunch, you are missing out!

Mark, I’m not sure how being Social Director of the HCC got you a social disease but you did a fabulous job getting all this together. You are so gracious to make sure everyone else got credit (and they do deserve it too) but you were obviously the Point Man. Great job!

James Wagner, Thank you so much for letting me ride shotgun on the cruise. I had so much fun.

Rick, Thanks for the ride to breakfast Sunday morning. I love getting to ride in so many different cars. Who’d’ve thunk all these cars would have different harnesses, different door latches etc. I thought I knew how to get in and out of a Cobra. Silly me!

Just thought I post some random thoughts from the weekend

HS Football – At one point on the drive down, I lost all but three music stations and FIVE HS football Pre-Game Shows. If there was any doubt I was in Texas on a Friday night that blew it right out of the water. And I just had to ask when I stopped in Madisonville for gas on Sunday – They did win their homecoming game. (Damn I’m following football in a city I’m not entirely certain where it is.)

Roads – The road down to Lake Conroe was really nice. And I don’t mean just the scenery. Alan had said we’d probably just drive the Cobra down if he was able to come and we totally could have had a nice drive. The roads on the cruise were pretty good too.

Cruise - The Cruise was great. The drive was beautiful. Totally different than the Hill Country Cruise. Texas has a lousy marketing department. Before I moved here I was sure Texas looked just like those old John Wayne movies. And I have seen tumbleweed. But Texas has way more to offer than that! Who knew you could get two such totally different experiences just a few hours away. And the restaurant was great. It was like sitting on someone’s back porch hanging out with friends.

Parking Lot – That has to be one of the prettiest views from a tailgate I’ve ever had. Looking over the lake and the resort at sunset/dusk/moonlight. Amazing.

Mojitos – Jim’s Mojitos were delish! And far safer than the buckets of Cosmos.

Auto Trouble – If you are going to have vehicle trouble in the back roads of Texas the BEST place to pull over is across from the four workmen who ride around in a truck with a jack and all the parts you need.

I had an incredible weekend, although I wish Alan could have joined me. Although it does sound like he was able to get thru the weekend without missing me too much.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:40 AM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #291 *has left the garage*
Not Ranked     

sounds great, Colleen. Yes, Alan was well 'entertained' on Saturday night. can't speak for Friday or Sunday, but Saturday he was a good boy.

I know the Conroe area is just beautiful. I used to have an aunt that lived down there. Glad you had fun, and stayed away from the pink or blue stuff.
Kristen
Old 10-09-2006, 12:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Yes, he did mention his potential new friend. Fortunately he's a smart man.
Old 10-09-2006, 06:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CAV GT40 #169, Ford 408 Stroker & ZF Transaxle
Not Ranked     

So where are the pics!
Old 10-10-2006, 05:41 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CMC, 351 Cleveland, Dual Quads, C6
Not Ranked     

Colleen, thanks for coming down to Conroe. It was also great to see Ray and Becky, also Ed and Cathy. We even picked up some new folks from Kerrville, Richard and Laurie. We really had a great time. Great weather and even greater people.
BTW, I received a quick report from our bartender: 3 half gallons of Rum for the Mojitos, numerous bottles of Raspberry Rum and Fresca for the "Sweeney Surprise", along with an untold quantity of Miller Lite and Bud Lite, Strawberry Margaritas, the list goes on and on .....
We must do this more often!
Everyone, please post pictures, since I was having so much fun, I didn't even get my camera out of the truck.

Last edited by kountzecobra; 10-10-2006 at 06:13 PM..