Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2006, 09:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Cars And Tennis

Hey Guys
So Much For My Retirement From The School System. For The Past Few Months I Have Had More To Do Than When I Was Teaching. In A Nut Shell, After Several Years Out Because Of Injuries And A Coupleof Surgeries I Have Returned To Competitive Tennis. Starting In May, I've Played More Tennis So For This Year Than I Have Combined In The Last 10 Years. I Have On More Tournament This Coming Week, Senior Sectionals In Austin, And Then I Am Done For The Year. I Had A Chance To Be Number One In My Age Division, 60 Singles, Until I Reinjured My Shoulder In The Last Tournament. Still A Little Weak But I'll Give It A Go This Coming Week In Austin.

The Hi-light For The Tennis Season Has To Be What I Accomplished With My Daughter And Son At The National Grasscourts. My Daughter Julie And I Won The National Father Daughter Grasscourts Played In Boston For The 3rd Time In 4 Trys. We Played In The Open Division And Gave Up Over 15 Years To Our Competitors. My Son And I Won Our First National Award When We Finished 3rd At The Senior National Father Son Grasscourts Held In New York. Should Have Won 2nd If Dad Had Played Better. My Son And I Got To Go To The Us Open While We Were In New York. We Were In The Stadium To Watch Aggasi Play Bagdadis In That Wild 5 Set Match Under Lights. Great Match.

I'm Still Teaching Tennis And Working On Cars. In Addition I've Been Pursuing A Couple Of Business Deals And If Either Or Both Work Out I Will Post More Info. One Invloves Cars And The Other Tennis.
What Else! Actually, This Is The First Free Weekend I've Had Since Some Time This Past Summer. Whew!

Now If I Can Work This Right Then I Will Post Some Pics Of My Activities. They Should Include Pics Of My Daughter And Son And I At The Naionals, A Mustang That We Restored And A P-47 That We Saw In New York That Is Like The One That My Dad Flew During Wwii. Also My T-bird And Judy's Gt Convertible.

See, I'm Not Really Retired Quite Yet.

Paul

OK, THE PICS DIDN'T GO THROUGH. I'LL KEEP TRYING.

Last edited by paul cass; 10-14-2006 at 09:37 AM..
Old 10-15-2006, 01:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

computerworks, could you email me at fia28950@aol.com so i could ask questions on posting pics.
thanks,
paul
Old 10-15-2006, 04:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Paul - I'm glad your able to play more now that you have retired - congratulations!

I have played quite a bit myself. High School/State Champion, Div. 1 College program, Satellite Tournaments (taught me I better quickly figure out what I'm going to do for a REAL living). Great life lessons can be derived from sports but especially (biased) in tennis. Enjoy your competitive interests and hobby pursuits. I wonder how many other competitive tennis players are here?

Where in Austin is the tournament held? UT, Barton Springs, ???? Useless information usually interests me.
Old 10-15-2006, 05:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

hey cracker
the tournament is held at lakeway, which is west of austin. we start play on thursday. i feel real blessed, since tennis has been a major part of my adult life, that i get to play on a national level with my son and daughter. now if my old body will hold together more or less for one more tournament. if i can get computerworks to help out i will post some pics. thanks for the reply.
paul