Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2007, 02:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CAV GT40 #169, Ford 408 Stroker & ZF Transaxle
Not Ranked     
Default Austin 07 Share Your Thoughts

Another great year in Austin (Number 8) and I have to say the addition of the tailgate parties was really a home run. Weather could of been better prior to Saturday but Mr. Meadows came through again for the main cruise Saturday, sunny and 80. It's amazing every year how many new people I meet and of course see great old friends. Mr. Russell's freshments were great as usual!!!
Of all the cars I've had over the years (including 4 cobras) it was interesting how much I missed a Cobra down at Austin this year. Maybe time for another???
Hope everyone had a great time and other can post their pics................

Last edited by gsharapa; 03-25-2007 at 04:45 PM..
Old 03-25-2007, 03:06 PM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #291 *has left the garage*
Not Ranked     

Gary, awesome time, for sure.
The decal on the back of my trailer says "Est. 2000"
That would be 8 years, or did ya'll not have the first MEET until 2001?? I've always wondered that....

so, 7th meet. wow! and to think i've made 4. pretty cool, huh??
I think there's a pretty nice Cobra for sale.... you ought to check it out....

k
Old 03-25-2007, 04:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CAV GT40 #169, Ford 408 Stroker & ZF Transaxle
Not Ranked     

Hard for me to remember back that far so I had to go look and yep, February 26, 2000 so this was the 8th year!! I'll correct my post......
Old 03-25-2007, 06:24 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CMC, 351 Cleveland, Dual Quads, C6
Not Ranked     

What a great weekend. Now I need to rest.
Old 03-25-2007, 06:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LSC427, 351W, TKO500, Currie 9", 400HP
Not Ranked     

All I know is that I had a blast at my first meet (with a legal incomplete car). I want to extend my thanks to all you guys because my wife and I really enjoyed ourselves and appreciated how much we were welcome. This is one awesome group of individuals. I AM looking forward to many meets in the future (hopefully with a complete LSC). Thanks again.

P.S. Great job Gregg!
Old 03-25-2007, 06:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SOLD Excalibur, '94-'95 5.0 EFI, Edelbrock heads, E303 cam, 1.7RR, Cobra intake, 24lb injectors, 93 cobra ECU, 65mm TB, hi flow cats.
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

GREAT meet.

Only there Saturday, but I have to say the work done on the cruise, group shot setting, lunch venue, dyno pulls, etc. was first rate. I especially appreciate the organization and info efforts. I get easily confused and or lost. Not this time

Thanks to Colleen, Gregg, Dean, et. al. BRAVO

Mike
Old 03-25-2007, 08:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #642
Not Ranked     

I woke up today with a headache, a bad sunburn, and singed arm hair......what a weekend!
Old 03-26-2007, 07:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star 351W/408CI 525HP
Not Ranked     
Default Spring 07`

Great Meet, Great Time!!!! This was my first experience with the group and I will keep this date on my calendar each year. I took millions of pictures (I was the guy in the Yellow Saturn Sky) and gave Greg a disc to share. I am supposed to pick my Kit up this week so next year I will be one of the group.
Thanks go to all those who put in so much effort. We all owe them a Margarita. I have the gas powered machine ready to go!!!!!!!

Larry
Humble, Texas
Old 03-26-2007, 07:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Ford Bronco
Send a message via Yahoo to whirlimage
Not Ranked     
Default Funniest moment at this year's event (for me)

Early Friday evening. Forgive me for no recalling who it was but I was talking to someone on the hotel parking lot close to my trailer. Another gentleman walking towards us to join in the conversation holding a freshly made cocktail then all of a sudden...PLOPP!...A bird shot a doo doo directly in his drink.

What are the odds? Or is this man just lucky this way? Well, it was a tragic way to kill a drink. Please forgive my sense of humor...
Old 03-26-2007, 07:30 AM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #291 *has left the garage*
Not Ranked     

hehehe.
Old 03-26-2007, 08:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I think this might have been the best year yet. Great cruise, great friends, great tailgate parties, what more could you want?

Thanks to the everyone for all their hard work getting the all the details worked out. The cruise map was dead on and I loved the comments along the way. The photo location was incredible. BIG thanks to those folks for letting us hang out in their cow pasture. The tailgates were all so much fun and so varied. I got to hang out with the Austin and Houston folks I only get to see a few times a year and also got to meet lots of new folks that way as well.

I can't wait for Houston's fall event so I can do this all over again!
Old 03-26-2007, 06:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF street roadster
Not Ranked     
Default new guy likes everthing

Thanks for the great time at what was my first event as an owner instead of a wannabe. I was very concerned about the weather prospects when the big week began but surprisingly we lucked out. The car was brand new to me as it was delivered at the parking lot(red Backdraft/Roush)but after a few miles on Friday I had a ball on the Saturday run. Met lots of nice people but I know there are plenty that we missed-catch you next time for sure.
Old 03-26-2007, 07:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #491, Red with Black Stripes, 438 Windsor by Keith Craft Racing dynoed at 640hp, Street and Race Prepped.
Not Ranked     

Ditto Ditto Ditto!!!

What a great time! I thorougly had a blast. Great friends, food, fun and driving. Thanks to all for all your hard work. I know it takes a lot of planning to make an event like this go off so well.

The Coupe enjoyed her drives this year. Last year I kept it at the parking lot because it wasn't registered or complete...but it was a blast cruising the hill country. I sure love those twisty roads.

Great seeing everyone!

James
281-804-5730
Watch out! You may get BIT!!!
Old 03-26-2007, 07:34 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #867 gone....
Not Ranked     

This, too, was my first trip and it was greatness!
The parking lot parties were a great time. It wasn't all gas and gears so even Amy enjoyed it! The margs were strong, beers were cold, conversation interesting and informative and what great cars!!! So many folks taking pride in their awesome rides!
Thanks to all who organized, planned and gave up parts of their weekend to keep the masses moving in the right direction. Funny how well we can move along in a herd when nudged just a bit.
Doug, the unfortunate soul who's drink was pooped upon was Jim Woodard. He may be able to correct an oversteer, but he just couldn't avoid the skillful aim of Big Bird looking to ruin a wonderful cocktail. I happened to witness the fateful event and it truly was a beautiful tall glass of relief gone to waste.
Kudos to the Houston group for rounding up the Hooter's girls. You indeed have set the bar high. Just wait til next year.
Old 03-26-2007, 09:13 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Previous owner of SPF#1938, with a Keith Craft 496ci Genesis 427 side oiler, 667 FWHP, 633 FWTQ, 560 RWHP, 550 RWTQ.
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Yes, Miles is correct. That bird hit my cocktail right in the middle from some unknown height . Maybe it was a dive bomb run, I didn't see him, just the results .
Anyway, Marge and I had a terrific time as always. The parking lot parties each night are a great idea and really add to the event. All the event planners and organizers deserve a round of applause for all their hard work. Y'all did good!
Thanks again and see you next year!

Don't interfere with somethin' that ain't botherin' you none.
Old 03-27-2007, 04:26 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #621, Keith Craft 408
Not Ranked     
Default What a weekend

We certainly are living right when weather like this on Saturday.
[IMG][/IMG]

Led to a day filled with fun, cruising, parties and Pink Thongs. I can't wait until next year. Hats off to everyone that came, to the Austin group for first class hospitality.

Tugboat, look me up, I'm in your neck of the woods.

Bill
Old 03-28-2007, 06:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star 351W/408CI 525HP
Not Ranked     
Default Photo's

I took a million, Well really just 343. I am having trouble getting them loaded because they are to big. Anyone want to give me a quick lesson?
Bill give me a call so we can visit or e-mail me. I live on the golf course in Walden so we are really close.

Thanks again for everyone being so nice to the new guy.

Larry Boatner
281-812-4076 Wk
281-380-4876 Cell
Tugboatlb@aol.com - e-mail