Old 04-13-2007, 05:53 PM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #291 *has left the garage*
Not Ranked     
Thumbs down not real fond of tornado's

well now, that was no fun.
how did ya'll in DFW fair?
big winds, but my area of Sunnyvale seems ok.
k
Old 04-13-2007, 06:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CAV GT40 #169, Ford 408 Stroker & ZF Transaxle
Not Ranked     

Up in Frisco we just got a bunch of rain as we were on the north edge of it. Monica and I actually walked out side to watch some of the clouds lifting straight up and turning as it was clearing...........Hope all well in other parts of town!
Old 04-13-2007, 06:43 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA GT #2077, 331 SBF, Webers, Gurney Eagle heads
Not Ranked     
Default K you dodged a bullet!

Ch 11 showing a track of where the tornado went after it hit Haltom City (Ft. Worth) .. right over Sunnyvale!

One fatality so far, man was unloading lumber from a truck and ended up being buried under it. Semi-trailiers stacked up like toys .. Class A motor homes all tipped over in a row .. many consecutive blocks of destruction in Haltom City.

Same storm now has a tornado on the ground headed for Sulphur Springs.

We just got a heavy thunderstorm in McKinney .. Wooo!

Hope all the CC'ers are Ok!

Sam
Old 04-13-2007, 06:52 PM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

Got ping pong size hail here.

Old 04-13-2007, 07:07 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #867 gone....
Not Ranked     

I was fine here at home in Richardson. Amy was having drinks at Gloria's on lower Greenville. The waiters told the patrons there was bad weather coming and cleared the restaurant. As I watched in horror, the funnel cloud within the storm sucked back up, traveled right over Amy and her friends, then plopped back down 3/4 of a mile later near White Rock. Damage to her Explorer due to golfball size hail is yet to be seen, but she's okay. Shaken, but fine.
With the tornado sirens howling, I was in the closet with the dogs with moving blankets nearby trying to call Amy.
Whew! Closest ever. Blessed once again.
Old 04-13-2007, 07:11 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Holy Smolies!

After reading these notes, I'll be content with forest fires and earthquakes.
Old 04-13-2007, 07:14 PM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

my parents pretty much live on White rock lake. wonder how it faired?

can't believe we didn't get hail here. i'm really glad, as i've got the 3 toys in the garage, and we have a porte cache' for the land cruiser, and i stuffed my suburban under there, too! Peter pulled the old pickup near it, but none of it fit.
David has his truck in Terrell, enjoying watching the tornado that went thru Forney roll by.

still windy and messy, but i think the tornado threats are gone. my youngest was not happy!
Old 04-13-2007, 07:21 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Previous owner of SPF#1938, with a Keith Craft 496ci Genesis 427 side oiler, 667 FWHP, 633 FWTQ, 560 RWHP, 550 RWTQ.
Not Ranked     
Exclamation

It was a near panic at Texas Motor Speedway with all the fans camping out and in the infield! They closed access to the infield for a while, so whoever was in was stuck in and whoever was out, was out. Lot's of emergerncy vehicles moving about with their lights flashing. Good news is, nothing hit the ground there except the rain and hail.
Pretty close call for a lot of us around the metroplex! Hope everyone else we know was as lucky.

Don't interfere with somethin' that ain't botherin' you none.
Old 04-13-2007, 07:26 PM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

wow, Jim! didn't even think about TMS and the races this weekend! i bet it was scary! whew!!!

tomorrow should be sunny, clear and much cooler. high like 52* or so.
brrr!
glad everybody reporting is ok.
I wonder about Steve S. in Heath, and Jim J. in Forney. they were both in direct lines of storms, funnels.
g'nite everybody!
K
Old 04-13-2007, 10:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #968 / Genesis 427 Aluminum S/O
Not Ranked     

Yancey and Sarah had the blankets and pillows set up in the laundry room ready for action. I shuffled all the cars around to sacrifice Sarah's to under the garage eave. All potted plants relocated to protected areas. A few sirens sounded off. Pretty much glued to the TV as the weather "persons" assumed a tornado was on the ground in our neighborhood. The scariest part was when the weather guy placed the radar mouse over street names, they called out ours twice. BUT, if there was one, it must have lifted up and flew over. All we got was an overflowed pool.

After an "all clear", we all went for ice cream. Just another Texas spring.
SPF #968 w/ Genesis Aluminum 427 S/O
CVAR vintage racer: 1965 Mustang Fastback w/ HP 302
Old 04-14-2007, 11:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR1358 (Sold)
Not Ranked     

How did DFW do? Any hail damage to planes?
Old 04-14-2007, 12:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Well for once, living south of the metroplex paid off.

Barely any rain in Waxahachie. Some moderate wind, but nothing to even get stressed over (thankfully).

Glad to hear that everyone else is safe and sound.
Old 04-14-2007, 12:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 148 with 427 SO
Not Ranked     

I was in the air flying to Dallas.....that did not happen. Got in 6 hours later.
Old 04-14-2007, 12:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 148 with 427 SO
Not Ranked     

Oh, for a puss like me who hates to fly...it was a very interesting night to say the least. They did not even let the stewardesses out of their restraints!

white knuckles all the way

Buzz
Old 04-14-2007, 07:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Well, I guess we caught some of the worst of it. Carrie and I were both in Irving very close to DFW when the skies opened up. Carrie was out in the yard and I had just pulled up in the truck when the first one hit the ground.

I told Carrie to head for the house and I got trapped in the truck. She made it to the porch but there was no way I could get out of the truck.

When it was over it looked as if it had snowed here. The hail was anywhere from just larger than a golf ball to just smaller than a tennis ball. Luckily there were not many large ones and most were the golf ball sized ones. The car and truck took a heck of a beating. The car has more in number and the dents are much larger than the ones on the truck. I guess the metal is thicker on the truck ???

I would say there are about forty to fifty dings on the car and about thirty or so on the truck. The ones one the car are everywhere, even in the curves of the fenders where as the ones on the truck are mainly on the the flat surfaces. They are both insured but I still don't want them torn up.

I know they have those dent repair guys but how many would they fix before just replacing the hoods? I think fixing the ones on the top of the truck and replacing the hood may be the way to go on that one but the car is another story. It is beat up from one end to the other. They are just scattered out all over the car, everywhere.

The roof on mother in laws house got beat up as well. I got up there today and it beat the shingles down to the felt paper. Well on half of the roof it did, the front side only got a few hits. The back will need replacing. Some houses here had the shingles torn off down to the wood. I guess everyone has not looked at the roofs to much but the wood is showing on about a third of the houses here.

I do not know this first hand but I hear DFW had some airplane damage. They did not say the extent of the damage. I really don't know anymore than that.

IT was a close call for us here, but Thank God no one around here was injured. I have not heard of any pets getting hit either so it could have been much worse considering the size of the hailstones.

whew
Old 04-14-2007, 08:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 4039 427 FE 1966- SOLD
Not Ranked     
Default video

http://video.ap.org/v/en-ap/v.htm?g=...Pus&&f=1139949

My family and I were in YMCA pool for swim team practice. Lights in pool area went out. Rest of YMCA had lights. I had prior asked front desk girl with computer to check internet local weather radar, so I knew computer had internet access. When lights went out, rumors flew. I couldn't get anyone to get back onto the internet. Enormous janitor "took charge" when he found out the manager decided to close the Y. He ordered all out of the building! When folks said, "if it is too dangerous to stay in the "Y", it is too dangerous to go out into the parking lot", he said, "That's not my problem, that's between you and God, I'll let God sort it out". "Y" director will be getting a flood of letters on Monday, I'm sure. After all was over, finally got someone to get accurate info by logging back onto the internet. Hard rain and heavy straight-line winds were the only events.
Old 04-15-2007, 09:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B 66 427W Roadster
Not Ranked     

glad you all survived the storm.
interesting that ol shel didn't call the car a tornado instead of a cobra
since he lives in Pittsburg "tornado alley" Texas
Old 04-15-2007, 09:16 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Previous owner of SPF#1938, with a Keith Craft 496ci Genesis 427 side oiler, 667 FWHP, 633 FWTQ, 560 RWHP, 550 RWTQ.
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

4RE KLR,

So Steve, one might assume from your post that you guys are now back in Texas. Is that the case? Just curious.

Don't interfere with somethin' that ain't botherin' you none.
Old 04-15-2007, 05:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Yes Jim, we are back in Texas.

It seems eas soon as we got ther the real estate market went to away as it has on the west coast as well. My deal was to set up a development in Fort Myers and I did so. As soon as we finished it they had us put up barracades and they closed it down. It was not just that one development but many of them. There are many builders in that region holding there breaths. It is amazing to me that they still think the baby boomers are going to come in, in truckloads and save their butts. If you look at the surveys that NAHB has performed over the last five years you will know that simply is not going to happen. But them some people are just more hard headed than others.

Nothing like spending $555M of Bob Tolls money though.

We traded the hurricanes there for the hail storm here. We have been back a couple of weeks now and are trying to get situated. (sp). I really did not like the region that much at all, even in Naples. The people are just plain rude. The beaches are filthy, bad filthy. Red tide and dead fish and plants all over the beach for as far as you can see. The water stinks like nothing I have even smelt in my life and it is VERY EXPENSIVE. Christmas day it was 82* by 10:00AM.

I must admit the summers are not as hot or dry as they are here. It rained every day for four months at 3:00. Yes everyday at the same time. You could set your watch by it. The winters were not too cold either. I guess that is why the snowbirds go there, but I assure you it is no fun to live there at all. I have been in beach communities where evrything is wonderful, and I am sure many years ago it was there as well. But that was then and this is now.

We are glad to be back in Texas. I am looking forward to catching up with everyone.

Sorry Kristen, but my spelling still isn't any good.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:01 PM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Steve. i've given up on everybody's spelling. Don't worry about it!!!
glad you're back; hope the financial situation was a positive one for your return.

I had 'e tracks' or 'd tracks' or 'c tracks' (or whatever they're called) installed on the trailer last Fall. Very nice, and i can tie strap or bungee strap everything in the trailer very well. I have two new tires (which gives me 4 fresh tires) on the right side, and two spares, which isn't a bad thing to have. The trailer is a bit dirty, but has given me nearly 3 years of perfect service and I'm very pleased with it.
As perfect as Gary's cobra was, and as perfect as your trailer was, it's a dang good thing I bought perfect to start with, because i haven't the time, knowledge or inclination to keep them perfect!
I trailered the Cobra to St. Louis for run n gun last October, and returning again this Oct. It's nice to have a reliable truck/trailer.
Were you ever able to sell your F250??
David bought 'me' a new one March '06.
where exactly are you?
I read you were in Irving, but is that where ya'll are living, or were you just visiting??

"hi" to Carrie, and i hope you make it to a meet sometime.

Kristen
(since i started the thread guess i can hijack it!!! )