28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2007, 08:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Anyone For A Dyno Day/Car Show In Austin?

Hey everyone,
I'm sorry I didn't make it out to the BBQ Cruise but I'd like to host a car show & dyno day for the local Cobra Club. I'm just throwing out the idea right now and trying to gauge interest. I'm thinking some time in September would be about perfect. Anyone interested? I'll have to check dates with our neighbors and we'll see when we can make it happen. Let me know what you think!

Thanks,

Brian
Old 07-24-2007, 01:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SOLD Excalibur, '94-'95 5.0 EFI, Edelbrock heads, E303 cam, 1.7RR, Cobra intake, 24lb injectors, 93 cobra ECU, 65mm TB, hi flow cats.
Not Ranked     

Yep, I'm interested.

Mike
Old 07-24-2007, 04:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 210 / CSX 4323
Not Ranked     

I'll be there if the day works....what days are you thinking about??...weekends are going to get jammed soon with the hunting season(s) around the corner.

on another note do you have Weber experience at your shop?
Old 07-24-2007, 05:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR3542K, 347 C. I., EFI, T-5, Miata Front Sway Bar, 3 Link, Red with White Stripes
Not Ranked     

I'll try to get there. If the rain ever stops!

Steve
Old 07-24-2007, 07:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LSC427, 351W, TKO500, Currie 9", 400HP
Not Ranked     

Hey i would love to but I need to find a good tune man before then. I want to get the car tuned and timing verified beofre doing anything like that.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

We do have Webber experience. Jim, the owner, had an original 289 Cobra race car back in the 60's. We have had Jaguar's in here with the 12 cylinder and 6 Stromberg carbs that Jim has tuned as well. We can do anything. Haha If you need your car tuned, feel free to give us a call. We use wideband O2 sensors in order to assure the mixture is perfect! I'm trying to coordinate everything with the church across the street so we can use their parking lot as well. I'll let you guys know when we'll get it done. Some time in mid to late September I'm thinking.

Good to see some interest!

Brian
512-670-2271 (shop)
Old 07-27-2007, 01:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

OK
It's looking like Saturday, the 8th of September is going to be the day. How is that with everyone? For the dyno runs, pricing is as follows...

1-5 cars - $50 per car
5-15 cars - $45 per car
15+ cars - $40 per car

Dyno runs are defined as 2 runs per vehicle with wideband O2 monitoring. This is done in a 25-30 minute interval to give the owner time for some fine tuning. We will be having a lunch break and whoever wants to be the lead coordinator with me, please contact me about lunch. Haha I'd like to get a list of people interested and I'll post a thread with time slots later. So let me know your thoughts!!

Thanks again for your interest guys!!!

Brian

Last edited by Motion Dynamics; 07-30-2007 at 08:27 AM..
Old 07-27-2007, 09:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lonestar Classics, 302 stroked to 347; Metallic British Racing Green
Not Ranked     

I'll be there!!!!!!

"No, I DON'T have an accent, this is how English sounds when it is pronounced correctly!"
Old 07-28-2007, 07:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR3542K, 347 C. I., EFI, T-5, Miata Front Sway Bar, 3 Link, Red with White Stripes
Not Ranked     

Brian,
I'll be there if the rain stops. My car is stock, so I only need one run to use as a baseline for future mods, but two would be good. Looking forward to meeting the folks around here with Cobras.

Steve
Old 07-30-2007, 08:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Change of date!!!!

We're going to do it the 8th of September. It just works out better for everyone here. What do you think? I changed it on the original post as well. We will be offering prizes for top HP & TQ numbers!! Let us know what you think.

Thanks again,

Brian
Old 07-30-2007, 12:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 323 392
Not Ranked     
Default tuneman

roundrock cobra...call Ken at greathills automotive...good guy...i've used him for years...but i havent taken my cobra to him soon for a tuneup..
Old 07-30-2007, 03:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LSC427, 351W, TKO500, Currie 9", 400HP
Not Ranked     

Thanks Tim!
Old 08-20-2007, 07:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Everyone still interested? Let me know which day is good for you guys & we'll make the arrangements.

Thanks,

Brian
Old 08-20-2007, 03:37 PM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates
Not Ranked     

Just curious, will each pull be documented in any way? We are considering participating but since we have fuel injection and our computer is a SDS fuel management system, 20-30 minutes is not enough time for me to do the programming. Really a pain.

Mike
Old 08-21-2007, 01:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSabre
Just curious, will each pull be documented in any way? We are considering participating but since we have fuel injection and our computer is a SDS fuel management system, 20-30 minutes is not enough time for me to do the programming. Really a pain.

Mike
Absolutely. You get a full printout with HP, Torque, and AFR. If you need anything else recorded, I'm sure we can help. Also, depending on the number of people attending and the amount of tuning taking place, you may get more than 20-30 minutes. With the 20 cars we did for Central Texas Stangs we ended up finishing an hour early because lots of people didn't tune at all. Plus we were able to squeeze in a few joke runs as well with some FWD daily beaters for the lowest hp contest. Haha We have our fun! But in all seriousness, we're here for you and will help you with whatever you need.

Thanks,

Brian
Old 08-27-2007, 03:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Custom Built Classic Motor Carriage T 5 Z tranny still in the making ..
Not Ranked     

Hello Brian
So where will these be set up at ?
I would like to see if I come over and play ...
Big T
Old 08-28-2007, 07:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

We are planning the day here at our shop. We are in Pflugerville directly across the street from Pflugerville High School. If you're coming from IH35, get off on the Pflugerville exit and get on 1825. Head up 1825 until you see the high school. Make sure you're in the left lane. You will see the front doors of the high school on your right and a body shop, daycare, street, and St. Mary Missionary Baptist Church on your left. The street in between the church and daycare is called Russell Street. Turn down Russell Street and you will see our shop to your left. Can't really miss it. We will actually have a Superformance Cobra here this week doing some maintenance on it for Jim Creel, owner of Racing Legends Motorsports in Plano and the Texas distributor for Superformance. Feel free to come by and check it out. Also we're going to have either his GT40 or his Daytona Coupe here in a few weeks as well.

I should start getting names & vehicle information for all of you who are interested in coming to the dyno day. Post again with your name and vehicle information so we can begin a schedule.

Thanks for all your interest!!!

Brian
Old 08-28-2007, 06:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Steve Klestinec
FFR, Stock '89 EFI 5.0 HO

I plan on being there if it doesn't rain.
Old 09-03-2007, 07:08 PM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates
Not Ranked     

Brian,

We plan to be there but 2 things might stop the deal...rain(obvious issue for us Cobra guys) and getting the car back together. We have been working on our brakes diligently to get it all together for Saturday. The parts we ordered last week are due in tomorrow and once they arrive should not be a big deal to get it all together.

Have you set a time for all to meet/arrive?

By the way, I am running a modified Chevy 350 w/ a Accel-Lingerfelter SuperRam TPI, mild street cam and standard 4 speed in my 1966 Midstates Cobra Replica. Probably will a bit out of place in your shop, huh?...LOL.

Mike
Old 09-04-2007, 08:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSabre
Brian,
We plan to be there but 2 things might stop the deal...rain(obvious issue for us Cobra guys) and getting the car back together. We have been working on our brakes diligently to get it all together for Saturday. The parts we ordered last week are due in tomorrow and once they arrive should not be a big deal to get it all together.
Have you set a time for all to meet/arrive?
By the way, I am running a modified Chevy 350 w/ a Accel-Lingerfelter SuperRam TPI, mild street cam and standard 4 speed in my 1966 Midstates Cobra Replica. Probably will a bit out of place in your shop, huh?...LOL.

Mike

Nah, not out of place at all! Good luck getting everything together, we hope to see a lot of you here Saturday. If there aren't a lot of Shelby Cobra guys (ya'll) who want to do it, we may throw some SVT Cobra's in the mix if ya'll don't mind. It'll help get your prices down. So far I only have 2-3 confirmed from here, it's coming up on Saturday!! Let me know if you're gonna he here guys & girls!!!

Laters,

Brian