7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        
Old 07-30-2007, 08:22 PM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates
Not Ranked     
Default Austin Cobra Club - Sonic raid location?

Been wanting to suggest we have a week-night to get out and visit and do what is commonly known as a "Sonic Raid." That means meeting at a local Sonic to have an inexpensive dinner and social get together. As some of you might know, Sonic has 1/2 price burgers on Tuesday's which might be the ideal day during the week to do such a gathering. My question to all is what Sonic would you recommend for the Chapter to meet at? There are over 20 locations in the Austin area and we need one that is an acceptable location for the majority and where we can all be comfortable taking our rides. An alternative consideration to ponder is we could do a rotational basis of locations to meet most folks desires.

Anyhow, several of us have discussed this concept previously but no one has really explored the matter further. So post up on your ideas. If we can get enough interest in doing this, we can surely make this happen and we can get our rides out a bit more often not to mention get to know each other better.

Mike
Old 07-30-2007, 10:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LSC427, 351W, TKO500, Currie 9", 400HP
Not Ranked     

The Sonic on 79 and 1460 (by the HEB Plus) in Round Rock is a good size one. We may end up being able to this only if the rain continues.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 210 / CSX 4323
Not Ranked     

I second 79 and 1460....isn't this close to where the new tollway hits 79?...of course if it ever stops raining. enough already.

Brent
Old 07-31-2007, 06:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR MKIII, 5.0L, Cobra intake
Not Ranked     

Sounds like a lot of fun. It could be tough for me since I live so far away, I would have to drive the car to work (damn!!!) and therefore would be a greater risk of getting rained on, but I would consider it! Skip
Old 07-31-2007, 11:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Yes it is between the toll road and I-35.
Old 07-31-2007, 08:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR3542K, 347 C. I., EFI, T-5, Miata Front Sway Bar, 3 Link, Red with White Stripes
Not Ranked     

Just saw this post.

Did y'all do it tonight or setting up for next week?

Steve
Old 07-31-2007, 10:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Anybody for Tuesday night next week?
Old 08-01-2007, 04:22 PM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Exclamation

DJ, let's go for it next Tuesday....Need to pick the location unless you were thinking of the same one Rich recommended & went to this week. Let's pick a time, say 7 PM. Will that work for most folks?

For the rest of the Cobra tribe...if we are to make this Sonic Raid thing work we obviously need either a central location or a rotational set of locations. Was thinking about this a bit more and here is my suggestion. Everyone that is willing to participate in this endeavor, post their favorite location(s). Please list the specific address. From the locations provided, I will review them and pick say 5-6 locations which will cover the 4 corners of the Austin area globe. I know 5-6 does not equal 4 but if we can weed this down to 4, then we could rotate to each one every week then everyone could have one near their home and have alternative locations when they wanted to drive a bit more. If Sonic is not your flavor, then post an alternative location for consideration as we don't have to do Sonic. In order to get this accomplished let's set a time line to post your recommendations, say by 8/10/07. Oh and for those folks in Georgetown, Dripping Springs and the like, post your favorites too. We can always have a diversion to go a bit further out.

Mike

PS if anyone is wanting to help in the decision for final locations, let me know because I am game. (That is not saying that I'm gamy by the way.) LOL
Old 08-01-2007, 07:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 210 / CSX 4323
Not Ranked     

Out of town for next week but back the following week if there is a Sonic run on the north half of town I will be there.
Old 08-01-2007, 07:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR3542K, 347 C. I., EFI, T-5, Miata Front Sway Bar, 3 Link, Red with White Stripes
Not Ranked     

Mike,
We are in if it isn't raining. What is the address of the one y'all are going to meet?
Old 08-02-2007, 07:23 PM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Steve,

DJ suggested the Sonic on 79 and 1460 (by the HEB Plus) in Round Rock. I have not been there but if you go to the Sonic website and enter Round Rock, there are maps and complete addresses on all of their sites. I would say tentatively that will be the location for next Tuesday unless we hear from a number of other folks stating otherwise.

Mike
Old 08-03-2007, 09:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Mike,
I know where that one is. Hope to see you there. Also hope the parking lot isn't full.
I sent you a PM on a Sonic on South I35.

Steve
Old 08-05-2007, 06:41 PM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Red face

Here is the Sonic link to the Sonic at 79 & 1460 for those needing a map. We were thinking it was the one at 1431 near Parmer but it is not that one.

http://www.sonicdrivein.com/locator/...h1=1&search2=0

Looking forward to seeing lots of you folks Tuesday...
Old 08-07-2007, 07:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey Seagull, Did I leave my singlasses in your car when we were looking at your lights? I have lost them but I think I heard them fall off when we were looking at the fuses. Thanks! Let me know.
Old 08-08-2007, 05:57 PM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Round Rock cobra,

Pls send me your photos from last night by email, pretty please.

Mike
Old 08-08-2007, 07:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Posted the only good ones on the CC Yahoo site. They were blurry. My wife changed a setting in the camera.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

The Sonic raid was fun. How about again next week? Mike did your battery make it home OK?

RR Cobra I sent you an email.