Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2007, 09:21 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA GT #2077, 331 SBF, Webers, Gurney Eagle heads
Not Ranked     
Default Cobra arriving Sunday! :D

Had a call this am from Rich Lacy .. he will be delivering ERA #745 to me in McKinney on Sunday evening Woo hoo !!! Breathless anticipation going on here! Not sure of the hour, but will probably be late, maybe even Monday am. If anyone wants to be present, you're more than welcome, check with me Sun noonish for ETA and directions (214-738-4865).

This is a very complete roller (I hope!), needing only wiring terminations, carpet, engine, and tranny. I have all the parts I can identify, although there will be some unforeseens, I am sure

For those Dallas CC folks who wanted to be present for the engine drop .. ( don't say drop!) .. I will let you know more later. I want to do it this coming week, but am mindful that not everyone is taking off work like me At the earliest, it will be Monday 17th evening, at the latest Sat 22nd in the afternoon. If it's Sat 22nd, it will be combined with a party! In that case, I'll post a request for head count

Wheeeeeeeeee!!!
Sam
Old 09-14-2007, 09:35 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RUCC, 289 c.i. with a T-5 "Living the Cobra Experience"
Not Ranked     

Congratulations Sam! Can't wait to see pics of your completed Cobra!

Wish I could be there to help but gotta get mine done.

Randy

"Living the Cobra Experience"
Old 09-14-2007, 10:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Send a message via AIM to Clois Harlan
Not Ranked     

FINALLY here huh! Congratulations I am excited for you. Now, Does that mean you are going to make it to Run and Gun this year Sammy?

Clois

"Let's roll"

"Be part of Something Good
......Leave Something Good Behind!"
from CD "Long Road Out of Eden"
Old 09-14-2007, 11:21 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Clois, I've been saying if I got my car by mid Sept I still had a mathematical possibility of getting to Run N Gun. So maybe! If things go together well enough for me to shake it down first. I'm sure the other participants would prefer that most of the loose stuff falls off before I get there I have my hotel reservations at the HI.

It's gonna be a hump, but that's why I'm trying to get the motor in it next week. Probably won't decide for sure till the weekend before the event.

Sam
Old 09-14-2007, 01:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Send a message via AIM to Clois Harlan
Not Ranked     

Not a problem Sammy. We are cutting off registration at 80 but if you make it we will make it 81. Have you been following the posts I have been making on the Keith Craft Seminar? We are planning on a Driving instructor from TMS to give some driving instructions on the preceeding Wednesday for those that attend the seminar and pay for the test and tune track time. This little course alone at TMS would cost over $1500 per person. The $100 for the Wednesday session is going to be such a deal for those that pay for the special session.

Hope you can make it.

Clois

"Let's roll"

"Be part of Something Good
......Leave Something Good Behind!"
from CD "Long Road Out of Eden"
Old 09-14-2007, 02:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: #42 BDR w/ a 408 KCM stroker
Not Ranked     

Just don't rush it, I was in a rush for Tulsa and look what happened, my car sat in the parking lot all weekend, so take your time and remember theres always next year and you will be a better driver by then as well.
2004 BDR #42 with a 408 Keith Craft Stroker, Crimson with Silver stripes
Old 09-14-2007, 05:17 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Clois, wow! 80 cars! Seems like last year was 40 and that was considered outstanding attendance. Yes, I saw the Keith Craft info .. I wouldn't want to miss that! I know how busy Keith and Rob are, so we are all lucky they agreed to make the time for us.

Patrick! Who'd a thunk you'd split a yoke? Nah, any young buck with a Cobra would've done what you did But I hear ya, will put a couple hundred miles on it before I decide to head up there. As I said, it's a mathematical possibility, not a probability at this point.

Sam