LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2007, 08:10 AM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #291 *has left the garage*
Not Ranked     
Default Fall Cruise

ok, cruise director, Jim W.:
when is it going to be??? My fall calendar fills up pretty fast. I am just SOOO POPULAR and have soooo many places to be!!!

Are you back 'in country'??
I saw Don B at TMS last weekend with the Laps for Charity. I asked about you... he said you were off in Belize or something looking for Girls Gone Wild.
Did you find what you were looking for????

gotta go!
Let's get this cruise planned, guys!!!
K
Old 09-18-2007, 06:23 PM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

hello???
the group asleep??

ttt...
Old 09-18-2007, 07:20 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA GT #2077, 331 SBF, Webers, Gurney Eagle heads
Not Ranked     
Default I'm awake!

I think I might like to go on this cruise even if I have to pedal my car! Just pick a weekend .. I think I'll be on the road soon .. things are falling into place here.

Sam
Old 09-19-2007, 10:46 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR DAYTONA COUPE 302 COBRA FE STOCK
Not Ranked     

Okay! Here's a suggestion for a Road Cruise this fall:

Date: Sunday October 21, 2007

Meet at Town East Mall at 8:30am. Leave at 9:00 sharp and go to Wills Point and tour the Racers Ranch community and get in a parade lap.
Leave Wills Point and head for Mabank and Gun Barrell City...then across to
Ennis and lunch in Waxahachie. Need suggestions for lunch.
After lunch, south and east to Corsicana and get bread (no jokes please) at Collins Street Bakery. Proceed east on 31 to Malakoff and north on 198 and head north west on 175 back to Town East Mall and home.

If this sounds acceptable then wake up and respond with your suggestions and I'll be glad to fill in route details.

Since this is right before Haloween, Kristen may want to wear a costume...you know the one Miles suggested. BTW, Miles...will you be back in action by then?

"Ladies and Gentlemen...Start your engines!"

Larry
Old 09-19-2007, 02:39 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #867 gone....
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Let's Roll

Awesome! Thanks for the suggestion, Larry.

So Mapquest tells me 39 miles (35 minutes) to Wills Point.
Check out Racer's Ranch for 1 1/2 hr. (guesstimate)
80 miles (1 1/2 hr) til lunch, if no stops. So lunch around 12:30-1:00.
Start back out at say, 2:30.
Head to Corsicana, 36 miles (30 minutes)
Collins Street Bakery for a cookie or slice of cheesecake, YUM! http://www.collinstreet.com/ (1 hr)
Head back, 92 miles (1 hr 20 min)
Back at starting point around 5:30ish.

Now since we're heading south, we better get Suzuki Joe and all the south DFW folk to commit they're in!
Hey Waco, come have lunch with us in Waxahachie. Someone's in Ennis too. Mansfield, Hillsboro, Cleburne, Athens, Burleson, wazzup Midlothian! All the denizens on the southern outposts of our fair burg.
All you cats better be in on this since we're coming your way!
Old 09-25-2007, 08:50 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Still working on a Fall Cruise...Found out yesterday that a tour of Racers Ranch will not be in the program...they are still in the planning stage & haven't begun to grade for the track. Didn't think anyone wanted to go off road in some field or pasture. So, we will take some lonesome country roads to Mabank and by-pass Wills Point, thru Gun Barrel City, across the lake and on to Waxahachie for lunch. I'll keep you posted.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: JBL - TK0600, Electromotive EFI, Keith Craft 408W "standard crate", ~575hp
Send a message via MSN to Texas-Saluki Send a message via Skype™ to Texas-Saluki
Not Ranked     

so... if someone can help me figure out to get a car seat in the JBL... I am in...

Stacey is going to be in Japan and I am on Andrew Duty

I want to hit one of these!!!
http://www.thenolands.com

www.txcobraclub.com
Old 10-02-2007, 01:50 PM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Chris... I have seen photos here on CC with carseats installed. Certainly do-able; not sure tho' with the carseat YOU ALREADY HAVE.

I'll look for some photos; but it is certainly possible. I've seen photos with toddlers in car seats, with either earplugs or noise canceling headphones.
I'm wondering if the 'booster style' toddler seat, with the high back and that uses a lapbelt from a normal car would work, as opposed to a carseat that needs to have the strap go thru the back. He should be getting big enough to use the 'big boy' toddler seat. It isn't the typical old style booster that just was the seat, but rather a toddler seat, with a back, arm molding etc. I'll look for ya. Now if you're just kidding 'cuz your on 'daddy duty' then oh well, we'll catch ya sometime!
Stacey's going to Japan! wow!

K
Old 10-02-2007, 01:59 PM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9G_RtoqsQ...e/CarSeats.jpg
Old 10-02-2007, 05:26 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

So who's in here? Who's got this on their schedule?
Lots of dead air out here....
Come on people, what happened to the enthusiasm we had last year at this time?
This is the best time of the year for a cruise!!
Okay, I'm out of fonts and colors so come on people, let's meet up for one more ride before the black hole known as the holidays suck us all in!
Old 10-02-2007, 06:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #968 / Genesis 427 Aluminum S/O
Not Ranked     

Geeze Miles,

It's over two weeks away. History shows most responces come about three days before.

I'm in. OK??????
SPF #968 w/ Genesis Aluminum 427 S/O
CVAR vintage racer: 1965 Mustang Fastback w/ HP 302
Old 10-02-2007, 06:53 PM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I need to get permission from my dear husband before i can go.

that's a long day; with the changes, Larry, how long do you think it'll be??

I need a begin and end times.

8:30, 5 minutes from my house. then...... east, south, west, north. ok, got it! When do you think we'll be 'done'???

K
Old 10-03-2007, 06:19 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Pencil me in :)

Got to solve the oil leak first, but it looks like that will get done during the time next week that I allocated for Run N Gun .. which I see no way for me to attend Car's just not gonna be shook down, and me neither .. I don't know how to drive yet

Sam
Old 10-03-2007, 01:55 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I just got done plotting our course. I'll post it after LuvDaBlues (who is familiar with the hi-ways & bi-ways in this neck of the woods) adds his comments. It looks like: leave Town East Mall at 8:15am and arrive Waxahachie Square at 11:00 am. About 120 miles and 2 hr. 40 min. with photo stop and pee stops. Lunch at 11:00 am sharp to beat the Sun. crowds at 1879 Chisholm Grill, check out the shops on the Square and head for Corsicana. From there back to Town East Mall. Another 125 miles and about 2 hr. 45 min.
So, to answer your question Kristen...you need to ask if you can come out and play from 8:00 am till 4:00 pm...don't forget to ask for gas and lunch $$.
Old 10-14-2007, 06:43 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default I'm in .. Sally's debut!

Looks like my car is shook down 245 mi on the clock .. 100 mi today, after solving the overheating problem. Turned out the water temp gauge was defective .. who'd a thought it ?? The SW mechanical gauge runs about 40 deg hotter than the AutoMeter electrical one I installed to get a second opinion. According to the new elec gauge, I'm running at a steady 185 deg! Oil leaks are down to typical FE stuff, marking territory like a dog Also thanks to JRoss' Driveway Dyno Shop for the timing tweak .. much bedder

Can't wait! Been getting stares around here, thumbs up from the Ford guys and Harleys .. neighbors walking up wanting to look .. love it!

Sam
Old 10-15-2007, 05:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #968 / Genesis 427 Aluminum S/O
Not Ranked     
Exclamation

After a quick review of "Larry the Cruise Directors" itinerary, I think we have a nice plan. Yancey and I have our new Bose noise canceling headphones to block out the new lifter tapping sound I have... so we're ready to go.

This Sunday the 21st. Gather at 8:30 AM. McDonald's across the street from Towne East Mall. Town East Blvd, east of 635. Depart at 9:00 AM! Lunch in Waxahachie, run through Corsicana and wander back home.

Let's take a roll call please.

The Seitz's are in!
Looks as if Sammy is too.
Larry, is the car still running after R&G?
SPF #968 w/ Genesis Aluminum 427 S/O
CVAR vintage racer: 1965 Mustang Fastback w/ HP 302
Old 10-15-2007, 05:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Next Year Kristan???

hey, littlecobra Kristan another great 3 day event you missed. The dates for next year Run&Gun are Oct 9-12. PUT this in the event book for next year. The weather was great till Sat Got the drag racing in just before the rain came. Where out on the road by 1:00 pm. Great time, Great Party, and going a little bigger next year. Make time and come next year. Rick L.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: HM1035 with 521ci, 612fwhp
Send a message via AIM to PARKERPOWER
Not Ranked     

I plan on being there with two cars. I got the black one out of the paint shop Friday and spent all weekend putting it back together, almost done except for the carpet and I won't be able to get that done for at least another two or three weeks. O by the way it's not black anymore and it's not your standard paint job either. I'm sure I will get a lot of " WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING ". I think it is going to look awesome when finished.

Richard
Old 10-15-2007, 08:16 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I'm not hopeful, but if I can get my alternator wired up and I can find why the car is overheating, I'm in.

Old 10-16-2007, 10:07 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Arrow Fall Cruise

Back and un-packed from Run'nGun...What a Blast! Now I have to clean up the Coupe, oil, brake dust, road grim, track blast, plus an oil change after several 135mph runs.

Here are the directions for Sunday's Cruise/Road Trip. We need lots of cars! The weather looks GREAT!

Detailed Directions: (I'll pass out maps and these directions at the starting point)

DALLAS COBRA CLUB
FALL CRUISE
OCTOBER 21, 2007

Starting Point: Town East Mall Meet @ McDonalds 8:00 am

Leave at 8:15 am sharp

Exit East side of Mall on Poteet Dr. Right on No. Galloway Ave. and left on I-80 east.

I-80 East to Forney. Exit on 688 (W. Broad St.) Old Tx. 80 & turn right on S.Bois D’Arc St. FM 740. South on 740 through Forney.

Pass under I-20 and turn left onto 2757 and continue to FM 741. Turn right on 741 south to S.H.175 into Crandall. Right on So. 4th St. /FM 148 & continue on to Scurry, thru Grays Prairie and on to Lively.

Beyond Lively turn left onto FM 274 and then turn right on S.Elm St. and merge on to S.H. 175 and into Mabank.

Turn right on FM 198/So. 3rd St. also same as Gun Barrell Lane No. to FM 85/34/E. Main St. Turn right (west) and proceed across Cedar Creek Lake…maybe a photo opp on island…continue on thru Seven Points and stay on 85 west.

FM 85 goes under I-45 and stay on 85 (South Kaufman St. into Ennis. Turn left on 287/West Ennis Ave. and proceed west out of Ennis past Texas Motor Plex…photo opp by sign? Continue west thru Reagor Springs and (I love this name) Pigg Road.

At 287 & Bus. 287 turn left across 287 and then right on Bus. 287/E. Main St. into Waxahachie. Continue on to the Square and find parking around the area of the restaurant.

Lunch @ 11:00 am “1879 Chisholm Grill” 111South College St.

Excellent recommendation from the Waxahachie Chamber of Commerce…”home made cooking, real good food!” I spoke with the owner and she said to get there by 11:00 and she could seat us immediately or after 1:00…in order to either beat the after church crowd or after.
Page 1 of 2

After lunch check out some of the shops and stuff on the Square…do a lap around the Square and proceed South on So. Elm St. to Howard Road/877 and on past Lake Waxahachie. We’ll pass by Pigg Road and continue through Howard to FM 34.

At FM 34 turn right and south to Avalon. Turn right at Avalon on to FM 55 and proceed past Lone Cedar then a quick right/left and continue on 55 to Blooming Grove to Intersection FM 22.

Turn left on FM 22 on past Barry and into Corsicana. FM 22 turns into Wesr 2nd Ave. Proceed to So. 24th St. and turn right. Six short blocks to West 7th Ave. turn left and proceed to:
Collin Street Bakery
401 West 7th Ave
1-903-872-8111

If you wish you can check out their goodies on their web site…make your selections…call them and place your order, and they’ll have it ready for you.
Leave Collin Street Bakery and head down West 7th Ave. to Bus. US 45 & turn left north to East 1st Ave. turn right then bend left on N. 3rd St. and bend right on to Roane Rd.

Proceed under I-45 and Roane turns into 3041. Keep on north to FM1129 @ Roane turn left and stay on 1129 through Monfort. 1129 turns into 85 continue north on 85 to 2613 where we turn left and proceed on 2613 through Styx and @ Lively turn tight on 148 east to 274 @ Kings Creek Golf Club.

Turn left North on to SH 175 North and haul ass through Kaufman, Crandall, Seagoville and onto I-635 North bank to Town East Mall to say “adios amigos!”

Page 2 of 2

We'll see you Sunday Morning

Larry & Jackie