14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2007, 08:42 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Send a message via MSN to wtm442
Not Ranked     
Exclamation Mark Cuban

Just thought all you Texans might want to know what Mark Cuban is doing with some of his money. He bought a multi-million dollar waterfront house on Martha's Vineyard, and demolished it. Just let the grass grow. Its about 2 miles from downtown Vineyard Haven, on Martha's Vineyard.

He did that because he is building a multi-million dollar summer vacation compound across the street, and he wanted a nice ocean view. The main house is close to the road. Usually, billionaires build their mansions way in the woods where nobody sees them. Not this billionaire! Of course, he razed the million dollar home on this property to build the "compound".

Behind the main house are two guest houses, each about 5000 sq ft, a pool and pool house (cabana), tennis court, garage, etc, etc. It has been reported that the retaining walls on the property cost more than $1 million. I just drove by the construction the day after I took these pics, and there were 27 worker's trucks around the house (that's all I could see from the road - there may have been more).

OK, all you basketball fans .... go buy some tickets. Mark will need a few more million dollars to do the interior decorations and probably 1/2 mil for the landscaping.

Last edited by wtm442; 12-03-2007 at 12:36 PM..
Old 11-13-2007, 10:12 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #867 gone....
Not Ranked     

He needed some place closer from which to watch the Cubs.

Well, if he tore down a mansion to watch the grass grow, he must be going after the "green" publicity.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 SC, Southern Automotive 427W Stroker
Not Ranked     

Isn't this the guy who did the movie trashing the Iraq forces?
Old 11-13-2007, 03:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#1245 w/ 1966 427 SO
Not Ranked     

Tony: Yes it is. He financed a movie showing our soldiers in Iraq raping and killing a little girl, and is promoting it by telling people that they "need to see this movie so you know what's really going on in Iraq".

-He's a POS, and if I lived in Texas I wouldn't go to a Mav's game if someone paid me.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Former Owner/Builder of KMP142 427 Sideoiler, Tunnel Wedge, Aluminum heads, etc.
Not Ranked     

TerrySPF:

I could not have said it better...............the guy's a disgrace.

Unfortunately, I would be surprised if it negatively affects attendance, and that's the REAL shame...

Bud
Old 11-13-2007, 06:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 4039 427 FE 1966- SOLD
Not Ranked     

I find it amazing that his front door would be 50 ft from a public street. Don't you?
Old 11-13-2007, 06:11 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AK1085 (302), HTM111 (427 Comp), CSX2375R (289 Comp) and Scratch 427 S/C
Not Ranked     

Yes, it is near the road but that is a road not often traveled. Not all that many cars out on the island, mostly foot traffic.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:40 PM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #291 *has left the garage*
Not Ranked     

He's a dumba$$ and I could not care less about the Mavs or anything to do with 'got lucky' Cuban. dumba$$.

not well regarded here in big D, how lucky for ya'll he's building a vacation home in M. vineyard. Yup... lucky.

dumba$$......
k
Old 11-13-2007, 09:25 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Actually, among the sports-junkies, he's the best Owner we have in town and is very well liked. He's the only one that wants a winner no matter the cost. And if you could sell your home-grown passion for

The movie, Redacted, does not center around our troops raping a 14 yr old and murdering her family. While it is apparent that this horrific event did happen, it more centers around the unbelievable, neverending stress and pressure our troops are under. From everything I've read, Brian DePalma (Scarface, Untouchables, etc) was determined to show the film as an anti-war message while Cuban used his editing trump card to leave it unbiased, almost to the point of being pro-American.

An excerpt from Cuban's blog (http://www.blogmaverick.com/)

The movie is about what soldiers of every walk of life go through on a daily basis in Iraq. The challenge of facing 99pct of the day bored to tears, while at the same time being terrified that you never know who the enemy really is. Kids can be just kids, or they can be placing IEDs. Women can be just wives, or sisters or mothers, or they can be suicide bombers. Telling each from the other is impossible.

The movie is about this impossible position that soldiers are put into. No amount of training can prevent the humanity that comes from our soldiers , yet is the very trait that puts them in harm's way. No amount of training can prepare them for seeing their friends die. This film recognizes that 99.9 pct of our forces cope with it and do their jobs. That each knows that among their peers , some may have a breaking point, and they do all they can to prevent them from reaching that breaking point. But they arent, and cant always be successful.

This movie is so far from being anti troops. You can't watch this movie without it smacking you across the face that the battles that come with serving our country are as much mental and emotional as they are physical. That the weight and burden of survival they must carry every minute of every day is incomprehensible . You cant watch this movie without your heart going out to each and every serviceperson who is put in harms way.

When a couple of the servicepeople crack from the pressure, they dont become the story. They become one more burden that everyone else associated with them must carry. They become one more obstacle to be conquered, and that is conquered.

I recognize what the Director Brian DePalma set out to do . He wanted to make a movie about the horrors of war. He did it. He wanted to send an anti war message. Whether or not he accomplished that, will probably depend on your perspective before you saw the movie.

The horror comes not from generalizing about the troops in some negative way as some would have you believe. Not at all. The horror in this movie is a demand that we all respect the fact that those who serve our country face a ubiquitous pressure to survive against insurmountable odds. That those of us at home have no earthly idea just how horrific that pressure to survive is. That this understanding of what our troops go through has been "Redacted" from the media here at home.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #968 / Genesis 427 Aluminum S/O
Not Ranked     

Sorry "K" and Bud Man, gotta disagree with you on this one. Although he is "over the top", brash, arrogant and loud to the point of even being boorish, he's actually a hell of a businessman. Miles is correct, he's has great passion toward most everything he does. He always puts his money where his mouth is, and always pushing technology to benefit whom ever is involved. He actually is well liked around here. Very accessible.

If you do a little research on him you'll see he's behind the scenes on some pretty neat stuff. Internet radio (I believe that's how he started his millions or billions), HDnet TV (some very nice programming) and even helps with the Fallen Patriot Fund.

He married a local girl here from the Rockwall area. We've even spotted him walking in our local Heath 4th of July parade a couple of years ago, just for fun with no recognition.

Maybe he's just what Martha's Vineyard needs. A little wrinkling of those old stuffed shirts!
SPF #968 w/ Genesis Aluminum 427 S/O
CVAR vintage racer: 1965 Mustang Fastback w/ HP 302

Last edited by LuvDaBlues; 11-14-2007 at 01:09 AM..
Old 11-14-2007, 04:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Arps/Burroughs/Hurricane/428FE
Not Ranked     

Anything (we Americans) do, manufacture, or create that terriorists can use to make Americans look bad is just wrong. Making money by exploiding acts by our troops laps in judgement is also wrong and un America.
Sorry, I don't care how much money Cuban has or how good of a dancer he thinks he is, he is a Jerk and not a good American.

Bill
Old 11-14-2007, 05:06 AM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

well that's what makes a difference of opinion.
He got 'lucky' with his $$$.
dumba$$.
not gonna change my opinion, and I'm embarrassed he 'represents' Dallas. In any way shape or form.

DUMBA$$!!!!
He might be a 'wannabe local guy' but the REST OF THE COUNTRY generally thinks he's a dumba$$, too.

K
Old 11-14-2007, 06:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Former Owner/Builder of KMP142 427 Sideoiler, Tunnel Wedge, Aluminum heads, etc.
Not Ranked     

Sixty plus years ago, a financier, producer or actor involved in a movie with that type of content in the middle of WW2 would have been shunned at the least, and at the worst, investigated and possibly tried for sedition. Unfortunately, those days are gone.

Mark Cubans ability to exercise his entrepreneurish bent to make his fortune, and engage in his various "enterprises" are rights fought and died for by the very soldiers his efforts now besmirch.

Bud
Old 11-14-2007, 06:07 AM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

Looks like Dumba$$ gave Dirk a pay raise.

My sister said that Dirk and his "manager" knocked on her door last week wanting to buy her house.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:12 AM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

why? to tear it down and put up a mega McMansion???

I did go to a playoff game a couple of years ago- tickets were given to us- why not.... he was a few rows ahead of us. I guess some would say he is really 'into the game' and just 'enthusiastic' but ugh.....
He looks like a moron..... lotsa $$$$ does not give one class!
Old 11-14-2007, 06:50 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Bess
Anything (we Americans) do, manufacture, or create that terriorists can use to make Americans look bad is just wrong. Making money by exploiding acts by our troops laps in judgement is also wrong and un America.
Sorry, I don't care how much money Cuban has or how good of a dancer he thinks he is, he is a Jerk and not a good American.

Bill
How very "buried head in the sand" of you.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:51 AM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by hey,littlecobra
why? to tear it down and put up a mega McMansion???
Well,I suppose he makes enough to buy and then tear down a $ 9m 5 year old house to build a bigger one.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:02 AM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

yikes!! ok.....

ya know, Mark MIGHT be the greatest philanthropist, an excellent owner, but I personally don't care for him, and most of the folks I talk to don't care for him either.

Regarding money... and mega million homes....
I would rather live in a pleasant, sufficient home than a mega million house.

Home and house are not the same thing!
Some can but don't.....

go Mavs!

(ps, DC chargers won district, and play their first playoff game this friday night, against Ft. Worth Christian, at home. BOTH my boys will be suiting up for varsity! My second son who is a freshman is the ONLY freshman 'invited' to suit out. whooohooo!
He is missing out on playing on the basketball team as that is his FAVORITE sport.
plenty of time for that in a few weeks, i guess.)
Old 11-14-2007, 07:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance 427 Side-Oiler
Not Ranked     

Q:What do the Kennedys miss about Martha's Vineyard?

A: the runway
Old 11-14-2007, 07:28 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Send a message via MSN to wtm442
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobrabill
Q:What do the Kennedys miss about Martha's Vineyard?

A: the runway
Only one Kennedy so far has missed the runway really bad. Too bad he was one of the good ones (maybe the only one ).