1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        
Old 02-04-2008, 02:23 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #122 (Sold) : Ford GT #484 Heritage Edition; 2008 GT500 Red/Black
Not Ranked     
Default Austin SPring Meet - Dallas Dinner

Ok everyone. We are to host the Friday night dinner again in Austin this year..I think its Friday. John? Anyway I was...umm..did volunteer to collect the money this year....I guess thats what happens when your Cobra is a mustang

We had a really good start on Saturday at the lunch. Last year the cost was around $500 for the BBQ, which we will be doing again this year. If you haven't given me money please catch up with me in Austin or most days I am over at Keith Craft eating lunch with Rob. I should be coming up on Friday morning this year. I know those who haven't given...Kristen, Jay, Morris...lets just say whatever we are short you guys will cover.

Matt
2006 Ford GT #484 Heritage Edition
2003 Hummer H1 OpenTop
2003 Hummer H1 Wagon
Old 02-04-2008, 02:56 PM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #291 *has left the garage*
Not Ranked     

hey, do you want my $8 in ones???
see ya'll in a few weeks.
K
Old 02-04-2008, 04:15 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #586, 535hp.460
Not Ranked     
Default Thanks Matt!

Hey Matt,
I appreciate your "agreeing" to hold the $$ this year. You are correct, we will be serving BBQ again on Friday night.
It really becomes important we get everyone registered on the new TCC web site because this is how we "guesstimate" how much food to purchase, and the last thing anyone wants to do is come up with a case of the "shorts" when we are hosting!!
I will be contacting some well known purveyors of this Texas specialty about this, so please go to the TCC site and register!!
Thanks everyone,
John Russell
Old 02-04-2008, 06:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: #42 BDR w/ a 408 KCM stroker
Not Ranked     

My timing will be tight but do plan on making it to Austin this year, motor should be in at the end of the month and then making the new headers and all that jazz
2004 BDR #42 with a 408 Keith Craft Stroker, Crimson with Silver stripes
Old 02-04-2008, 10:54 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default You know we need YOU in Austin

Fst Fox,
it's you we need in Austin, whether the car is ready or not! This is a once a year PARTY in Austin & the car is optional...you two are are NOT!
Get yourself booked & get yourself down there...... I can promise you don't want to let this slip by, my friend!
See you there,
John R.
Old 02-15-2008, 08:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CAV GT40 #169, Ford 408 Stroker & ZF Transaxle
Not Ranked     

Posted this on the other thread.........

Last year many people that were not part of the Club jumped in for the tailgate parties - dinners. I'd like to make a suggestion that you can only get a plate if you have a Texas Club Cobra Event Name Tag? Clearly don't have a concern if some club members have their children but I think all adults should be registered to participate in the tailgate parties?
Old 02-15-2008, 09:33 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Not a Bad Idea Gary

Gary,
Not a bad idea. It's pretty hard to guess correctly on how much is enough to prepare for when we don't get the majority registered on the TCC web site early. The last thing anyone wants is to run short on food for our members and their families that travel from all over the US once a year for this, so when we have unregistered people showing up it places an unnecessary burden on the hosts, not to mention the people that are bringing the side dishes from home.
John R
Old 02-24-2008, 04:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance SPF1923-8, Roush 427/550HP
Not Ranked     
Default Help on Meat

Loretta and I are in for $50. See ya in Austin.

Doug & Loretta Sherar
Old 02-26-2008, 03:36 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Doug, thanks for the pledge!

Doug,
I appreciate the pledge of $50.00, and make sure you get registered on the Web Site in case you haven't done so already. If any others from the Dallas crowd want to contribute please feel free to pledge whatever you are comfortable with here.
John Russell
Old 02-26-2008, 04:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA #2128
Not Ranked     
Default Guy In La.

Two questions: First, would you folks allow someone from La. in your club (I'll bring the crawfish). Second, to "hey, little cobra": What kind of rims are those on your car. I love the color. Was that standard?
Old 02-26-2008, 07:25 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA GT #2077, 331 SBF, Webers, Gurney Eagle heads
Not Ranked     
Default Welcome DonebyDoug!

You are certainly welcome to join us in Austin! Some of us will have cars there and some are still under construction, or between cars, or just dreaming. Look me up, I'll give you a ride in my newly completed ERA.

I don't know who made HLC's rims, but mine are similar, made by Vintage. Check my gallery. They are 6 pin Hallibrand replicas, the optional ERA wheel for the 427 model. That wheel is also sold by PSE and Trigo.

Sam
Old 02-26-2008, 08:58 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR DAYTONA COUPE 302 COBRA FE STOCK
Not Ranked     

How much does one have to pay for a full plate of North TCC BBQ at this shin-dig? Is the primary plate beef, pork, or chicken...any sides...combos or what??? I'm really confused...last year we just showed up at the table moving from the west to the east...loaded up...pigged out, shot the bull, and went to bed. The next morningn we uncovered our hot rods, took a ride in the country, stoped for lunch, hit the road again and then pigged out again...went down town..some of us down the wrong way...down a one way street...ignited some car alarms...and headed back to the Marriot Barn...laughed...exchanged some wierd experiences and discussed the exterme differences between "tracking & racing"...why everyone should commit to Run'nGun and had sinfully way too much fun. Hey HLC, I'll call your 8 bucks and raise you 8 more.

Any newbys...like we were last year...sign UP NOW!!! This is the best fun in town!!!

See ya'll soon

GIMP-PAW
Old 02-27-2008, 03:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via Yahoo to Joe Wicked
Not Ranked     

I won't be able to make it this year, but I really wish I could. I will have to live vicariously through y'all.
Old 02-27-2008, 05:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lots fo different cars that change all of the time
Not Ranked     
Default covered

See ya'll soon

Jay

Run & Gun participant 1998-2005
Old 02-27-2008, 01:52 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default LREYBURN, maybe this will help clear things up for you

For the first time ever, last year the club decided to try doing things a bit differently to try and keep the group closer together. The Austin group handled the parking lot dinner on Thursday, the Dallas group handled Friday night and Houston covered Saturday night. This was one of the best ideas we have had because it kept everyone together and more importantly, no one had to drive.
Each host city/group is at liberty to do whatever they want to do and also fund their night, which everyone gets to enjoy! There is no "cost" per plate which would imply we were asking everyone to pay to eat and that is not the case. What the Dallas group does is ask the members (Dallas) to make a voluntary contribution which will cover the meat(Brisket and sausage for sure, it all depends on the $$ contributed), and anyone can bring side dishes, deserts, plates, napkins, forks & knives, trash bags, etc,etc,etc. WE will buy as much BBQ as we collect $$ and we will all have a great time, all stay together each night, make new friends, eat and drink and form new bonds.
If you want to make a contribution you are free to do so but you are certainly not required to,but we DO expect you to be there every night, eat and drink with every one else and have a great time just like we all did last year!
I hope this shed some light for you,
See you there....IN A MONTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
John Russell
ps I am only speaking for the Dallas group here, but I imagine both Austin and Houston loosely follow the same idea
Old 02-27-2008, 03:27 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR DAYTONA COUPE 302 COBRA FE STOCK
Not Ranked     

Mr. Russell...

You don't know me or my lovely bride, aka Jackie The War Department, and I appreciate your kind explanation of the party protocol. I was merely having some fun. So, I must say...

"GOTCHA!"

I do have a legitiment question...Where's lunch on Saturday?

See you all soon.
Old 02-27-2008, 03:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LS427, Keith Craft 408, TKO-600, 370 Rear-End
Not Ranked     

Bottom line of what John is saying we, the Dallas group, has the responsibility to cover ALL of the food expense for Friday night, including the food for the Houston and
Austin people, not just what each individual consumes.

I’m sure some of you, as it has been noted in this thread, think all the food and beverages last year was free, IT WAS NOT.

Last year I fronted all the expense for the BQ which was sausage and chopped beef and it didn’t cost that much about $600 plus and I go enough volunteer donations to cover the biggest part of the cost.

If anyone of the Dallas group does not want to participate with donations just speak up and it will be noted. If you want to be part of the Dallas’s obligation you need to make a donation.

Keep in mind the Austin people are doing the food for Thursday and the Houston people Saturday.

Bwana Gary

“Not a worry in the world a cold beer in my hand life is good today, life is good today”
Old 02-27-2008, 06:11 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #867 gone....
Not Ranked     

And of course the Dallas group has a little something up their sleeve to make our night the most "rewarding" night of the weekend.......
Old 02-27-2008, 08:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lots fo different cars that change all of the time
Not Ranked     
Default What Part Of

covered is left to be discussed?

Jay

Run & Gun participant 1998-2005
Old 02-28-2008, 06:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane #1037, 351C, TKO 600
Not Ranked     
Default Letme speak for the Austin Group

We all pitched in and what ever else we needed we just went and purchased. If i totaled all the receipts from last year just for me Donna would shoot me. I could care less about the cost. I am with family and we just make it happen. It is the people and not the cars. Sorry I can't be there for the surprise but I will be following the happenings.
Stay Safe and be careful.

God Bless

Gregg
Still stuck in Baghdad (101)

"Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory."