Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2008, 11:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LSC427, 351W, TKO500, Currie 9", 400HP
Not Ranked     
Default Spring Meet Roundup

Wow!......... I dont know about anybody else but I had great time this weekend. It was great to see all the members again and get a chance to see all the "just complete" cars I only heard about. The threat of bad weather and the fact that it (for the most part) held off until this morning was great. Congrats to Dee as well for the election of President of the club. Way to go.

Just a few notes:
1. Glyn, you have a beautiful car and it runs great despite what you think....LOL
2. Austin CC has a great bunch and I am proud to be a part of it.
3. Larry B., Give KCR a call to have them check out your blender; it sounds like it is on the fritz.
4. Jim M., Great to see you again, hope your ride home was drier than this morning and keep an eye on the LSC boards for a meet in May in Ft. Worth (possibly).
5. Gary, cant wait to see yours done.
6. John Dean, WHEW!........thats all I can say.

Congrats on a great weekend and if I forgot anyone (which I know I did) I look forward to seeing you next year!

Round Rock Cobra

Last edited by RoundRockCobra; 03-30-2008 at 01:24 PM..
Old 03-30-2008, 11:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR3542K, 347 C. I., EFI, T-5, Miata Front Sway Bar, 3 Link, Red with White Stripes
Not Ranked     
Smile Super Time!

D. J.
I have to second your thoughts on the meet. What a great time!
Since this was my first, I really did enjoy meeting lots of people and looking at their cars. All the events were great.

Dee,
Congrats on being the president for the next year!!!!!! You know where we are any time you need us. I sure hope your back is doing better.

Thanks to everyone who helped make this a fun time for me and Fran.

Steve
Old 03-30-2008, 01:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics / Roush 427 SR
Not Ranked     

Dee,

Great Job!

Thanks to you and all who helped with this event!

Jody
Roush #1
Lone Star Classics
Roush Edition #01
Roush 427 SR #444
Old 03-30-2008, 03:29 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #867 gone....
Not Ranked     
Default Thanks Austin Group!!

A big thumbs up to the Austin Group for organizing a great weekend!!

Thank you!!
Old 03-30-2008, 04:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Wink Thanks to all from a 1st timer!

I had a great time! I can hardly wait for next year!

Larry and Don, thanks for keeping us in margaritas!

Glyn, thanks for taking all the ribbing, you have a beautiful car, especially all the small personalized touches that make it special!

Dee, many thanks from me, Just let me know how I can help for next year!

Tom....the other yellow car.
Old 03-30-2008, 04:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lonestar Classics, 302 stroked to 347; Metallic British Racing Green
Not Ranked     

Tom...like I had any other choice...LOL.

BUT, I have to admit that DJ and Tug DID get me going with the damn "Glyn, there's a leak under your car" trick! DJ even kept a straight face while he was helping me undo the locks on the hood!

Still, enough of this merry banter, I have bought extra shares in Alcoa today and need to get back to the lathe...

I also can't believe I got drunk enough to start quoting out loud from Shakespeare's Henry V on Saturday night..."we few, we happy few, we band of brothers..."

There really was something special about spending three glorious days and three slightly tipsy nights with car people that just "get it". Tends to bring out the grandeloquence in one, especially when you are one of the "token foreigners" in the group. Just think what we all would have missed if Shelby hadn't stolen that AC Ace from us...LOL

Glyn

"No, I DON'T have an accent, this is how English sounds when it is pronounced correctly!"
Old 03-30-2008, 04:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance Roush 427
Not Ranked     
Default Good Times

Big Thank You to all involved with the Texas Club Cobra Austin event. Always great to see old friends ( and some are really looking old LOL ) and meet new friends. Glyn, what kick to see you after all these years and share about special times in our lives. Jay N, John R ( both) Tom M, Greg & Vicky, Jim W, Jim C what a great weekend and I can not leave out a very special group the local Police Dept. May they arrest us all the next time. db
Texas Motor Speedway
Old 03-30-2008, 04:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lonestar Classics, 302 stroked to 347; Metallic British Racing Green
Not Ranked     

DON!!! Sorry I didn't get chance to say farewell last night, but when I left you were in full swing on the microphone! God willing and the Creek don't rise, I will see you in Dallas later this year!

Glyn

"No, I DON'T have an accent, this is how English sounds when it is pronounced correctly!"
Old 03-30-2008, 10:22 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LoneStar LS427 , 427 Windsor
Not Ranked     

Glyn,
It was great seeing you!
Yes. Just north of Georgetown I was on dry roads in sunshine. By the time I got home the car was just about all dried out. No bilge pump required.

I believe you, of all of us, have a birthright to quote Shakespeare. (Although we still have the right to look at you like you're nuts. :-) )
Old 03-31-2008, 06:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star 351W/408CI 525HP
Not Ranked     

Ditto, Ditto, Ditto!

Hopefully Marriott will miss us next year! Austin group did a great job and specially being hamstrung with Round Rock and Glyn as members! LOL.
Food was even better this year but the Hooter girls were just way to overdressed. Dang chilly weather! Thanks all those that contributed to the Dallas, Austin and Houston food! If we move sites it needs to be close to a RUDY'S for the Bar-B-Q.

List for next year,

1. Block date on calendar now!
2. See if Keith Craft can up grade the gas powered Marquarita Machine!
3. Get plenty sleep before that week, you will need it!
4. Keep list going.

Larry
Old 04-01-2008, 07:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classic 302EFI
Not Ranked     

This was my first TCC event and it was a blast. Thanks to all involved.

I do have fond memories of the margaritas, with a hint of 2-cycle wafting about, (I do remember because I didnt have too many). Others might not remember. the food was excellent , the practical jokes. I loved the 'leak' from glyn's and the dental floss 'scratches' on tug's.
Beautiful countryside to cruise in. Nothing like that here in Corpus. I did however offer to cover the tolls if you do have a cruise down here. mighty generous of me isnt it?
Seriously, thanks for showing me a wonderful time. Looking forward to the next one.
Roy