17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 05-18-2008, 07:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default finally finished

well its been finished for about month and a half. just now getting around to posting some info.

i bought my project on valentines day 08 from mustang mendez. he had got a good start on the chassis but i tore it back down to nothing and changed a few things.

i put a stroked 351w and a 5 speed in it, with an 8.8 rear. i have been to the dragstrip twice and its run a best of a 10.60 @ 127mph on 315-35-17 drag radials.

its a fun car to drive, seems to get the attention of really old or really young women
when someone asks what kind of car it is, i just tell them its an MG with a body kit on it

brandibarringer/larrys - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Old 05-18-2008, 11:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR3542K, 347 C. I., EFI, T-5, Miata Front Sway Bar, 3 Link, Red with White Stripes
Not Ranked     
Talking Welcome!

Stretch,
Are you around the Austin area? I don't think I have seen your car if you are. Your car looks great! If you are interested in hooking up with the Austin Cobra Club, shoot me a PM and I'll send you the info. No dues just fun!
Steve
Old 05-18-2008, 12:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

i am in lufkin tx about 200 miles east of austin. i wanted to make the austin meet but i had prior obligations to Pinks in shrevport on the same weekend.
Old 05-18-2008, 12:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR3542K, 347 C. I., EFI, T-5, Miata Front Sway Bar, 3 Link, Red with White Stripes
Not Ranked     

If you are over this way give us a shout.
Steve
Old 05-18-2008, 06:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default One fast snake!

Hi Stretch!

Glad your runnin! Sounds quick! Thats one red Cobra i'll not mess with....

Tom
Old 05-19-2008, 08:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

if i keep the car i am thinking about building me a more street freindly motor. one with lower compression and with hyd. roller cam instead of a solid roller.
Old 05-22-2008, 07:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

well, i took the motor out today for some heads,cam,and intake upgrades. i hope to go 9s on motor next time out to the dragstrip...there going to love that!!