Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Texas Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/texas-cobra-club/)
-   -   Tulsa or Bust...we need help (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/texas-cobra-club/87932-tulsa-bust-we-need-help.html)

Gary Morris 05-28-2008 08:28 PM

Tulsa or Bust...we need help

Well my fellow Texans it's almost that time of the year to invade the north. well Tulsa anyway. For the veterans we know what we are up against but for everyone planning to attend the #1 PRIORITY is to claim our spot for Texas. You know the area I'm tallking about...The TCC corner of the world. This year is going to be fantastic but I'm sure extremely crowded with 4 hotels sold out.
What we need is for anyone that gets there early or if someone happens to live up there we need as much of the corner blocked off as we can get.....either with cones....caution tape or whatever is available. For anyone that has been before you know the area we need as we usually have a minimum of 10 trailers. I know the Arkansas bunch is going up Wednesday and will probably be there mid afternoon but the earlier...even Tuesday evening would be better as it's first come first serve and as Matt and I can tell you as long as we can get it roped off ahead of time we can protect it. If they have a problem...tell them to go see Earl. If you get there and the corner is open go and get some caution tape and secure it. Everyone involved will re-imburse you.
I don't know if any of the full size buses are coming, Doug Reed, so we will probably need grills etc...to cook on...same as last year. The groceries we can get when we get there just bring plenty of coolers. TCC is known as the place to be on Friday night and we need to make sure we live up to that tradition. We will be arriving Wednesday night and hope everyone can make it cause it's the best in the country.

Gary

Just another founding member of the TCC and damn proud of it.:D:D:D

427Aggie 05-29-2008 02:15 AM

I've already received a call from Earl asking what we are bringing this year and if the party is still on for the Texas corner...I will be driving up on Wednesday but am going by way of Oklahoma City for some work and then over to Tulsa so I won't be there early and don't have a rig to bring just driving up the Shelby.

So who wants to take the lead??

Clois Harlan 05-29-2008 04:53 AM

Hey guys, according to a Shelby Magazine I take, this is going to be the largest Mustang/Shelby meet ever in the World (just quoting). So if you want that space you need some Okie Allies to help protect your corner. Let's see what do I need?? :) :)

I can't promise but I have some tape and maybe I can get Buzz, Matt and a few others to go over on Tuesday after work and rope off an area for you. How many trailers are you expecting?

Clois

BMK 05-29-2008 05:22 AM

Clois,

Hey mate looking forward to catching up.

Bernie

Clois Harlan 05-29-2008 07:42 AM

Me to Bernie. Hersh has told me some of the fun you guys had in Australia this spring (your fall). I think you will enjoy your trips to Tulsa and then on to London. Great people at both events. The London guys put on an excellent event as well.

Clois

SSSammy 05-29-2008 08:30 AM

Parking and Friday Night Plans?

I think JRoss and I are not leaving till Thurs am, so we won't be there early enough to rope off the area. Clois, if you local folks are able to do it Tue pm, that's a huge assist! Maybe use a drum or some such as a corner marker and then string the yellow tape from that to the tree, etc.

So who needs a spot saved for their rig (at the Texas Corner)?
JRoss
SSSammy
Reyburn
MadMiles
Luvdablues
HLC
Gary Morris
JDean
Brad
???

If we want a cookout, I'll bring a grill and charcoal again. Don't know if that needs to be in a separate thread :)

Sam

flyboy1997 05-29-2008 08:44 AM

Wendell & Lynn with L o n g Dodge & 24' Enclosed
Jay & Cindy with Truck & 20' Enclosed

" The Arkansas Cobra Club " 4 members strong !!

951mat 05-29-2008 09:29 AM

Clois, I'm ready to help. I'll tell the wife I have to go hold the tape with Clois for a couple of nights to save some spots for friends. Sounds like a good excuse to get a couple of nights out of the house and down a few cold ones. Dad would even come help for that. I bet between a couple of trucks, trees, well placed coolers, etc we could rope off a large area.

Mat

Buzzmobile 05-29-2008 10:51 AM

hey...we also need an approx head count for the party at my place on Wed.....I will get the burgers, dogs and beer/soft drinks...any other beverages...you are on your own (smiles). there is a pool...so let's have some fun! everyone welcome. I will post/hand out some maps to get to my place...VERY easy...only about 2 miles away. Also, if anyone needs a crash and did not get a room, let me know....

Buzz

Clois Harlan 05-29-2008 01:30 PM

Buzz,

Do you know what you are saying Buzz? :) This is a very nice jesture and Buzz has a very nice place in S. Tulsa which is much better than just a place to crash. I hope many of you can make it by Buzz's on Wednesday night for the kick off cook out and social. Since I live in BFE (or so I have been told) Buzz volunteered to host the Wednesday get together this year. Steve it is 5 mins from the Marriott and I promise you wont' get lost this time, in fact I will come and get you and let you follow me. :)

Count Sharon and I in and I am sure that Lew and Patti Payne will be there as well. Dean will be in Chicago until Thursday Morning and James Yale may be here Wed night. Hopefully, Hershel Byrd and Bernie Knight will be there.

Clois

Buzzmobile 05-29-2008 03:09 PM

happy to do it and look forward to getting as many people together as possible. and I hope it gets WILD!

jdean 05-29-2008 06:52 PM

Hold that spot! I plan to arrive Thursday afternoon.....Possession is 9/10ths of the law!!
Man what huge event this is turning out to be.

Madmiles442 05-29-2008 07:07 PM

I'll be there Wednesday mid-afternoon. Planning on going straight to Hallett with trailer and Cobra, leaving them there and "commuting" back to the hotel in the Explorer.
I have about 10 traffic cones I'll throw in the back and a couple of coolers.
I have some venison sausage I'll bring too.
Buzz, count me in for the Wednesday eve party.
Oh, look who got new shoes for Tulsa?

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/g...2/IMG_0896.jpg

JRoss 05-29-2008 07:09 PM

I will be in Thursday morning with an enclosed trailer. Hold a spot for me. However with buzz's party and offer i may have to come in wednesday :3DSMILE::3DSMILE:

John

951mat 05-29-2008 08:50 PM

Buzz, you better count on my dad and I showing up Wed for burgers/brats. I'll probably have worked up quite an appetite loading my garage into my trailer on Wed afternoon.

Mat

Gary Morris 05-30-2008 12:49 PM

I'm going to try to show whoever is going over on Tuesday night how much of the lot we try to get. Frist go to this website http://www.marriott.com/hotels/maps/...outhern-hills/
Click on aerial view and move in over the parking lot. When you get there click on birdseye view for an excellent view of the lot. From the map we want the south end of the lot as a whole.
Next look at the long island in the middle of the area. From the right hand corner of that island go north the length of that parking spot, about 10 ft. then take a line from there all the way west to the curb out by the side street. Then go back to where you started on that right hand corner of the island in the middle and run an angled line from there to the east outer edge of the curb, which on the other side of the curb would be the exit lane from the hotel out toward the side street. Does that make any sense?
That should just about block off the whole corner and we can control from there who comes in and out of our area. If you have been there before it should all make sense. when you look at it.

Gary

427Aggie 05-30-2008 01:31 PM

Let me help Gary with this..

http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/d...um/Parking.JPG

Gary Morris 05-30-2008 05:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks for the map Matt...but this is the area I speak of in yellow.

427Aggie 05-30-2008 06:32 PM

I had the whole thing originally but shrunk it as the last couple of years it got pretty hard to hold that much and we didn't have enough trailers to take all of the space.

bwcobra15 06-02-2008 01:25 PM

My dad and I will be arriving in Tulsa around 3pm on Wednesday. If you need any help on the Texas Corner give me a call -- 214.676.9825 (mobile)