1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 05-28-2008, 08:28 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SHELBY GT500...slightly modified. Former owner of CSX4758..a GEM of a ride!
Not Ranked     
Exclamation Tulsa or Bust...we need help

Well my fellow Texans it's almost that time of the year to invade the north. well Tulsa anyway. For the veterans we know what we are up against but for everyone planning to attend the #1 PRIORITY is to claim our spot for Texas. You know the area I'm tallking about...The TCC corner of the world. This year is going to be fantastic but I'm sure extremely crowded with 4 hotels sold out.
What we need is for anyone that gets there early or if someone happens to live up there we need as much of the corner blocked off as we can get.....either with cones....caution tape or whatever is available. For anyone that has been before you know the area we need as we usually have a minimum of 10 trailers. I know the Arkansas bunch is going up Wednesday and will probably be there mid afternoon but the earlier...even Tuesday evening would be better as it's first come first serve and as Matt and I can tell you as long as we can get it roped off ahead of time we can protect it. If they have a problem...tell them to go see Earl. If you get there and the corner is open go and get some caution tape and secure it. Everyone involved will re-imburse you.
I don't know if any of the full size buses are coming, Doug Reed, so we will probably need grills etc...to cook on...same as last year. The groceries we can get when we get there just bring plenty of coolers. TCC is known as the place to be on Friday night and we need to make sure we live up to that tradition. We will be arriving Wednesday night and hope everyone can make it cause it's the best in the country.

Gary

Just another founding member of the TCC and damn proud of it.

Last edited by Gary Morris; 05-28-2008 at 08:32 PM..
Old 05-29-2008, 02:15 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #122 (Sold) : Ford GT #484 Heritage Edition; 2008 GT500 Red/Black
Not Ranked     

I've already received a call from Earl asking what we are bringing this year and if the party is still on for the Texas corner...I will be driving up on Wednesday but am going by way of Oklahoma City for some work and then over to Tulsa so I won't be there early and don't have a rig to bring just driving up the Shelby.

So who wants to take the lead??
2006 Ford GT #484 Heritage Edition
2003 Hummer H1 OpenTop
2003 Hummer H1 Wagon
Old 05-29-2008, 04:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Send a message via AIM to Clois Harlan
Not Ranked     

Hey guys, according to a Shelby Magazine I take, this is going to be the largest Mustang/Shelby meet ever in the World (just quoting). So if you want that space you need some Okie Allies to help protect your corner. Let's see what do I need??

I can't promise but I have some tape and maybe I can get Buzz, Matt and a few others to go over on Tuesday after work and rope off an area for you. How many trailers are you expecting?

Clois

"Let's roll"

"Be part of Something Good
......Leave Something Good Behind!"
from CD "Long Road Out of Eden"
Old 05-29-2008, 05:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     

Clois,

Hey mate looking forward to catching up.

Bernie
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026
Old 05-29-2008, 07:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Not Ranked     

Me to Bernie. Hersh has told me some of the fun you guys had in Australia this spring (your fall). I think you will enjoy your trips to Tulsa and then on to London. Great people at both events. The London guys put on an excellent event as well.

Clois

"Let's roll"

Old 05-29-2008, 08:30 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA GT #2077, 331 SBF, Webers, Gurney Eagle heads
Not Ranked     
Default Parking and Friday Night Plans?

I think JRoss and I are not leaving till Thurs am, so we won't be there early enough to rope off the area. Clois, if you local folks are able to do it Tue pm, that's a huge assist! Maybe use a drum or some such as a corner marker and then string the yellow tape from that to the tree, etc.

So who needs a spot saved for their rig (at the Texas Corner)?
JRoss
SSSammy
Reyburn
MadMiles
Luvdablues
HLC
Gary Morris
JDean
Brad
???

If we want a cookout, I'll bring a grill and charcoal again. Don't know if that needs to be in a separate thread

Sam
Old 05-29-2008, 08:44 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via Yahoo to flyboy1997
Not Ranked     

Wendell & Lynn with L o n g Dodge & 24' Enclosed
Jay & Cindy with Truck & 20' Enclosed

" The Arkansas Cobra Club " 4 members strong !!
Old 05-29-2008, 09:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lonestar, 427 Center Oiler
Not Ranked     

Clois, I'm ready to help. I'll tell the wife I have to go hold the tape with Clois for a couple of nights to save some spots for friends. Sounds like a good excuse to get a couple of nights out of the house and down a few cold ones. Dad would even come help for that. I bet between a couple of trucks, trees, well placed coolers, etc we could rope off a large area.

Mat
Old 05-29-2008, 10:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 148 with 427 SO
Not Ranked     

hey...we also need an approx head count for the party at my place on Wed.....I will get the burgers, dogs and beer/soft drinks...any other beverages...you are on your own (smiles). there is a pool...so let's have some fun! everyone welcome. I will post/hand out some maps to get to my place...VERY easy...only about 2 miles away. Also, if anyone needs a crash and did not get a room, let me know....

Buzz
Old 05-29-2008, 01:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Buzz,

Do you know what you are saying Buzz? This is a very nice jesture and Buzz has a very nice place in S. Tulsa which is much better than just a place to crash. I hope many of you can make it by Buzz's on Wednesday night for the kick off cook out and social. Since I live in BFE (or so I have been told) Buzz volunteered to host the Wednesday get together this year. Steve it is 5 mins from the Marriott and I promise you wont' get lost this time, in fact I will come and get you and let you follow me.

Count Sharon and I in and I am sure that Lew and Patti Payne will be there as well. Dean will be in Chicago until Thursday Morning and James Yale may be here Wed night. Hopefully, Hershel Byrd and Bernie Knight will be there.

Clois

"Let's roll"

Old 05-29-2008, 03:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 148 with 427 SO
Not Ranked     

happy to do it and look forward to getting as many people together as possible. and I hope it gets WILD!
Old 05-29-2008, 06:52 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: JBL now SOLD
Send a message via AIM to jdean
Not Ranked     

Hold that spot! I plan to arrive Thursday afternoon.....Possession is 9/10ths of the law!!
Man what huge event this is turning out to be.
Old 05-29-2008, 07:07 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #867 gone....
Not Ranked     

I'll be there Wednesday mid-afternoon. Planning on going straight to Hallett with trailer and Cobra, leaving them there and "commuting" back to the hotel in the Explorer.
I have about 10 traffic cones I'll throw in the back and a couple of coolers.
I have some venison sausage I'll bring too.
Buzz, count me in for the Wednesday eve party.
Oh, look who got new shoes for Tulsa?

Old 05-29-2008, 07:09 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #89 Keith Craft Genesis 427 so, stroked to 482, 649 hp. Sabre GT 40 #16 351W stroked to 408, 527hp, TWM stack injection, Fast XFI, G50/50.
Not Ranked     

I will be in Thursday morning with an enclosed trailer. Hold a spot for me. However with buzz's party and offer i may have to come in wednesday

John
Old 05-29-2008, 08:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lonestar, 427 Center Oiler
Not Ranked     

Buzz, you better count on my dad and I showing up Wed for burgers/brats. I'll probably have worked up quite an appetite loading my garage into my trailer on Wed afternoon.

Mat
Old 05-30-2008, 12:49 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SHELBY GT500...slightly modified. Former owner of CSX4758..a GEM of a ride!
Not Ranked     

I'm going to try to show whoever is going over on Tuesday night how much of the lot we try to get. Frist go to this website http://www.marriott.com/hotels/maps/...outhern-hills/
Click on aerial view and move in over the parking lot. When you get there click on birdseye view for an excellent view of the lot. From the map we want the south end of the lot as a whole.
Next look at the long island in the middle of the area. From the right hand corner of that island go north the length of that parking spot, about 10 ft. then take a line from there all the way west to the curb out by the side street. Then go back to where you started on that right hand corner of the island in the middle and run an angled line from there to the east outer edge of the curb, which on the other side of the curb would be the exit lane from the hotel out toward the side street. Does that make any sense?
That should just about block off the whole corner and we can control from there who comes in and out of our area. If you have been there before it should all make sense. when you look at it.

Gary
Old 05-30-2008, 01:31 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #122 (Sold) : Ford GT #484 Heritage Edition; 2008 GT500 Red/Black
Not Ranked     

Let me help Gary with this..

2003 Hummer H1 OpenTop
2003 Hummer H1 Wagon
Old 05-30-2008, 05:01 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks for the map Matt...but this is the area I speak of in yellow.
Attached Images

Old 05-30-2008, 06:32 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I had the whole thing originally but shrunk it as the last couple of years it got pretty hard to hold that much and we didn't have enough trailers to take all of the space.
2003 Hummer H1 OpenTop
2003 Hummer H1 Wagon
Old 06-02-2008, 01:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane 427 Cobra #HM2008, Craft Performance 427w 600hp/600tq, TKO-600 close ratio, original Smiths gauges, lucas switches
Send a message via Yahoo to bwcobra15 Send a message via Skype™ to bwcobra15
Not Ranked     

My dad and I will be arriving in Tulsa around 3pm on Wednesday. If you need any help on the Texas Corner give me a call -- 214.676.9825 (mobile)

I love it and I need it I bleed it ~ Yeah it's a wild hurricane ~ Alright, hold tight, I'm a highway star!!