Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Texas Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/texas-cobra-club/)
-   -   Final touch on building rendering. (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/texas-cobra-club/89462-final-touch-building-rendering.html)

LuvDaBlues 07-22-2008 11:01 AM

Final touch on building rendering.

Just for fun, I added a little extra "flare" to the rendering of the building I just designed.

http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/d..._rendering.jpg

I had the Farrari parked in the middle of the parking lot to get "doored", as LREYBURN would say.

Enlargement:
http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/d...d_at_entry.jpg

Yes I know it's right hand drive now.

CHANMADD 07-22-2008 11:23 AM

Sooo.... What's wrong with right hand drive???:D

RedBarchetta 07-22-2008 11:31 AM

When I was 16 I decided to become an architect. I thought it would be cool to paint pretty pictures of future buildings, pictures that were devoid of litter, smog, jalopies, etc.
Then I found out that there was more to the job. Drafting out floorplans, structural calculations, etc. I then realized I was out of my league and that this would not be a good career choice.
In about my third year of college I discovered corporate finance and that's where I hung my hat. :D

Cool pic...cool building. What kind of software do you use these days to render something like that?

-Dean

MT nester 07-22-2008 11:56 AM

light fixtures

Those light fixtures on the celings of the top floor are ugly. and what is up with the fenestration? It looks like the top floor is off of another building:LOL:

LuvDaBlues 07-22-2008 12:06 PM

Dean,

Architecture is a brutal career. Long hours, low pay (comparatively speaking), arrogant clients and very little recognition. But I wouldn't change a thing. Very much a romantic field. Drafting is only about 30% of the process. Mostly coordinating everything from structure, details, budget (our enemy), materials, consultants, Owners, just to get the design you want.
My biggest satisfaction is driving by a building I designed. Don't care if it's a fast food restaurant or a Medical clinic. I still get a charge out of it.

The rendering software? Don't know. I provide CADD drawings to a rendering company and a few days later I get proofs to review.

LuvDaBlues 07-22-2008 12:13 PM

MT Nester.......

Blame the rendering artist for the lights. Just add interior walls. They disappear.

Another building top???........it works within the areas context. Just imagine it in Tuscon. It fits.

I'm getting critiqued by a guy with spoons in his eyes??????????????

LREYBURN 07-22-2008 12:15 PM

Hey MT nester,

I'm sure that the architect truly appreciates your professional critique and that he will make those changes necessary to satisify your thirst for structural splender. GHEEEEEZ!

jdean 07-22-2008 12:32 PM

Steve,

Make it a red Cobra....and instead of a clothes store a Doctors office.

Joe Wicked 07-22-2008 12:42 PM

LOL, good to see you posting John. Hows the back and neck doing?

LuvDaBlues 07-22-2008 12:44 PM

Don't worry Larry. All Architects are use to this abuse. Just read the first two sentences to Dean.

4RE KLR 07-22-2008 04:14 PM

Steve,
I have drawn many of sets of floor plans over the years (residential) and if I have learned anything it is that you cannot please everyone half of the time, the others don't matter anyway.

It is a brutal line of work and sometimes trying to stay within budget and provide everything the client wants is like pulling teeth. Did you ever see Mr. Blandings builds his dream house?

Nothing like trying to put 10,000 sq ft in an 1,800 sq ft home. All for just under $18,000.00 :LOL:

Looking good.

jdean 07-22-2008 04:41 PM

Joe,

Neck and head are doing better. I just gotta be careful not to further scramble whatever brains I have left. I do have a Harry Potter looking scar near my hairline that
looks interesting.

Madmiles442 07-22-2008 05:43 PM

John, I think that already is a doctor's office, or at least medical office building. Look at the floor to floor heights, look about 15'-16'.
The software looks like ArchiCAD.
Lemme guess, the hydraulic elevator is the all brick tower to the right of the entry?
17,000 sf floor plates?
Your tenants will thank you for that long overhang with that much glass exposure, especially on this west face.

LuvDaBlues 07-22-2008 07:00 PM

Way off Miles. Geeze, and you're an architect?

Office building: 8,000 s.f. plates. 16': 1st to 2nd, 12'-8": 2nd-3rd-4th. Restaurant on top. Two central elevators, masonry towers are stairs. The Cobra is parked on the east side. Minimal windows on the west.

The scale of the cars is very close to correct in the rendering.

Joe Wicked 07-23-2008 03:43 AM

John,
Just remember, Chicks dig scars. :D
OK Steve, done hijacking your thread now.

4RE KLR 07-23-2008 06:50 AM

Hey Steve,
Where is the HC parking? :LOL:

Just Kidding.......

4RE KLR 07-23-2008 06:52 AM

Hmmm,
Is that what I see in the spot next to the Cobra?

ADA is sometime challenging, isn't it?

LuvDaBlues 07-23-2008 09:12 AM

Steve,

It's no longer the ADA in Texas, it's Texas Accessibility Standards. ADA on steroids.

Madmiles442 07-23-2008 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuvDaBlues (Post 863522)
Way off Miles. Geeze, and you're an architect?
Office building: 8,000 s.f. plates. 16': 1st to 2nd, 12'-8": 2nd-3rd-4th. Restaurant on top. Two central elevators, masonry towers are stairs. The Cobra is parked on the east side. Minimal windows on the west.
The scale of the cars is very close to correct in the rendering.

Hey, just going by the rendering-if this is the east side then we have that strange occurance of the sun in the northern sky in Texas (doesn't happen) and we're at about 10am, so there seems to be some vacancy. :p

hey,littlecobra 07-23-2008 04:01 PM

it's not vacant; it's a saturday!!! :p

speaking of ADA..... it surely doesn't exist in Europe!! I don't know what all the people in wheel chairs and with various disabilities do when climbing the zillions of stairs at all the churches, cathedrals, museums, etc. Just going from corner market to corner market would be a major challenge in some of the really old towns, etc.

ok.... signing back out now!
off to check out:
TCU, ACU, Texas Tech. oh boy!!!
glad as hell i've already done all that. whew! college admissions nowadays is daunting!!! :eek: :eek:

hey, Steve....(blues Steve) any tips for college admissions??? :)
K