Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Texas Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/texas-cobra-club/)
-   -   T.!.T. Job (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/texas-cobra-club/90390-t-t-job.html)

jshel1 08-18-2008 07:50 PM

T.!.T. Job

Dear T.!.T.

We are smack dab in the middle of Hurricane season and we are only at the letter "F" ? I predict a string of storms coming soon. In fact, I foresee a low pressure system forming out east of Dallas; Hurricane 1038 will take its next step towards being a street legend with help from one of Craft Racing's latest 408 builds and the men from T.!.T.

I welcome all available T.!.T. members to congregate at my house this Saturday to help jack, steer, point, jeer, supervise, and leer as we nestle Katrina's powerplant into place.

Saturday 8/23 starting at 10:00am.

Thanks,

http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/d...gineUnload.JPG

hey,littlecobra 08-18-2008 07:55 PM

I'll try to be there. I'll let you know for sure Friday. :)

SSSammy 08-18-2008 07:55 PM

Count me in!

John, you're going to have to unwrap the dam thing!

See you Sat!

Sam

Joe Wicked 08-19-2008 03:16 AM

I should be able to make it. I don't know of anything planned right now.

Bwana Snake 08-19-2008 05:01 AM

John,

If I’m in town I will be happy to assist PM me your address.

Bwana Gary

Gregg(What's his name)? 08-19-2008 06:50 AM

Day Late

I'd love to help, but it is a day late for me. I will be in the Big D on Friday.

Sorry I wish I could help.

Gregg H

Texas-Saluki 08-19-2008 07:17 AM

Cannot believe I am going to miss this one!

John,

I have been looking forward to this for a while... and you picked one of the few weekends I am going to be out of town. :(

I will be in Portland, OR doing the Hood to Coast Relay Race 197 miles in 25 hours. I was going to ask Matt if he wanted to join the team and do a few of the runs :rolleyes:

Last year our team (MegaHurts) finished 12th in the Men's open division (out of 116)

Good luck with the install, cannot wait to see it on the road

Chris

damdfw 08-19-2008 08:10 AM

If work doesn't interfere (I am on-call) I would love to help out. PM me with you address.

Joe Wicked 08-19-2008 08:23 AM

John,
I am pretty sure I remember how to get to your house, but just to confirm, when you turn into your subdivision off of Dalrock, it is the first right correct?

Madmiles442 08-19-2008 03:01 PM

Count me in too!
PM me the address John.

Is your car really named Katrina?

Chris, good luck in Hood To Coast!

JRoss 08-19-2008 06:08 PM

Send me your address please.

John

LREYBURN 08-19-2008 08:58 PM

John.

PM your address. Hey Steve, if you are also going to be there I'll bring your $50 in cash.

Joe Wicked 08-20-2008 03:26 AM

John,
Sorry I can't make it. I forgot my wife has an eye appointment on Saturday at 11. I think they are going to dialate her eyes so I need to be there so I can drive her home afterwards. PM me your phone number and I can call after we are done to see if you guys are still working.

LuvDaBlues 08-20-2008 08:15 PM

Looks like I can dedicate an hour or two.

John and I have been trading a lot of phone calls, swapping tools (actually Sam's tools) and providing encouragement both ways. John is so excited, I bet he might have it already dropped in before we arrive.

As for me, the racing 302 is temporarily back in the Mustang as I modify clutch brackets while the headers are out. Trying to complete so I can compete in two weeks.

Yes Larry, bring the 50. I'll probably be handing it off to Sam anyway.

Madmiles442 08-21-2008 04:51 AM

Well, I'm out. Family members from Houston coming up to visit.
John, hope everything goes well. Can't wait to see it run!

jshel1 08-21-2008 05:42 AM

PM's sent to those needing address.

Hoping all you maybes can be in attendance.

Gregg, there will be photos and film at eleven, as Jay always says. I will miss meeting you. Hope your trip is good; Dallas is a great place to visit, do business, and lose money at poker. Best wishes and THANKS !!

Miles, your monkeywrench will be missed, as will your enthusiasm and wit. (One less man to finger the pilot bearing.)

Chris, I checked only the local racing circuit calendars when picking a date. I always suspected your were most cosmopolite. I was counting on borrowing all of your tools though. Enjoy Portland.

Texas-Saluki 08-21-2008 06:09 AM

John,

I guess there are not that many crazy people that want to run 197 miles over 25 hours with a bunch of their colleagues.

Have fun...cannot wait to see it all pulled together on the 6th

Joe Wicked 08-21-2008 10:30 AM

John,
What tools do you need? If I can't make it, we still live close enough to borrow anything you may need.

Edit: If I have it that is.

jshel1 08-22-2008 08:52 PM

We're still on for tomorrow morning.

See you all around 10:00.

hey,littlecobra 08-23-2008 12:36 PM

well i can happily say that Katrina has been 'gone over'- and was manhandled, pushed, cajoled, sworn at and sweet talked into submission by a nice size group of strong brawny men today. I mainly focused on the nuts and extensions :) You should have seen me standing over John who happened to be lying underneath the car.... John, you really shouldn't leave your self vulnerable like that. :LOL:
i hope it didn't hurt too bad... :o :o :LOL:
anyway,,,, congrats and i'm glad it finally all came together for you. You've earned it, and now just finish her up and get on the road!!
Maybe you can give me a ride next time!!! :D :D :D :D
loveya!
K
and dang, i hate it when i have to 'explain' club photos to David! :LOL: :LOL: