Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2008, 07:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star 351W/408CI 525HP
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Houston Cobra Club Oct. Meet - -WOW

I just wanted to post a follow-up to a great weekend in Conroe Texas had by the members of the Houston Cobra Club.

We started the weekend friday afternoon with many arriving at the KOA campground and starting drinking Adult beverages and telling exagerations of the truth as we know it. Friday night we loaded up and drove across the Highway to the Mexican Food rest. (Couldn't get out of 1st gear) and had probably 40-50 cobra fanatics and 20 cars telling more exagerations and eating.
Sat. morning started with eating and then getting together for a picture in the parking lot (Approx 33 cars) and more telling exagerations.
At exactly 11:45 as planned we left on our planned all day ride. Drove thru a National Forest at a bit above the posted speed limit (this is by far the most fun I have ever had driving my car, by FAR) and proceeded then up into College Station for more eating and yes Exagerating. The drive this far about 80 miles.
SIDE NOTE! Yours truly was stopped by the local police for having been called in for reckless driving-It was from the kid in the pickup that was weaving in and out of the line of 33 cars and I cut him off when he got to me and we exchanged pleasantries thru open windows and he called the cops. Cop pulls me over we talk and when I tell him I have 33 witnesses that will be happy to file a complaint on the kid in the pickups recklessness (he followed the cop and stopped when the cop stopped me) the cop realized he had picked the wrong dog in this fight and let me go. He didn't look happy as he slowly walked back to the pickup. Hahahahah
Back to the story, We do lunch, telling many many exagerations of my new story and proceed on after several fill up with gas. 172 miles later we get back to the campground in batches. 33 cars are just to hard to keep together. Now on to dinner, Yep, eating and telling exagerations. We did learn at dinner that Randy who is marrying Janice is really getting a keeper.
(She removed the passenger visor at 90+ mph when it got loose with a nail file and DIDN'T LOSE THE SCREWS!!!!! Thats a keeper) Great story Randy, now get her a swiss army knife for her purse afterall the nail file could slip and scratch something, HUM!!! Wedding gift taken care of!
We probably had 70-90 people at dinner. Ask Dave G. about his favorite joke, Bedroom Football! Debra really loves him to tell it!!!
Ron, James, Wes and I drove back home after dinner, another 45 miles, and I guess you will have to get the sunday report from some die hard who stayed thru sunday morning. I do bet sunday started with food and more exagerations. What a great group of people, it is the people!! As you probably surmised the Houston Cobra Club loves to eat and tell exagerations. There was some, no quite a bit really, of adult beverages but always, always in it's correct time and place.

Now the important part, THANKS to everyone but especially Mark, Sherrie, Emily, and Boyd for their incredible organization that got all of us misfits together! Next year hopefully the Brokeback Backdraft Boys will make it.

All you who missed this, mark your calendar.

Larry Boatner

For the weekend a total of 350+ miles on the Cobra and a million laughs.

PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!