Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2008, 09:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Smile Cobras By The Bay 2008 Recap

Hi everyone.
Brrrrrrrrrrr! Kind of cold today down here for us south Texans. My event turned out great. Had one out of town participant when Bwana Snake Gary and friend Brad made the trip from Plano. I had 9 local Cobra owners join in along with about 25 other car owners with cars ranging form a 50 Ford Woodie, T-birds, Mustangs, Galaxies, and Shelby's among others. Friday was a perfect day. Clear skies and temps in the 80's. We met at Brewsters Ice House starting at 4. Participants mingled, ate, ralaxed and drank their choice of beverage. On Saturday i rose early and walked out of the house into a strong and cold north wind. The forecast was for a cold start, in the 50's, with the wind dying down by noon. The wind made it feel a lot colder! As it turned out the wind never did die down. Once you got used to it the temp wasn't to bad. Anyway we met at Sames Crow Ford starting at 9 am. Most of the people didn't arrive until later in the morning. By noon everyone was ready to eat so we loaded up and headed to Rockport. We made the trip without incident. Lunch was at Charlotte Plummers. The seafood was terrific. We came back along the coast finishing our curise along our scenic bayfront. I want to thank the Cobra guys that participated; of course Bwana Gary in his black cobra, Bill in his #55 red Cobra, Ron in his silver with black stripped Cobra, Jacob and Derrick in each of their yellow with black stripe Cobras, Bill in his black with yellow flames Cobra, Roy in his orange with ghost flames Cobra, Bob in his blue Cobra, and Glen in his white Cobra. I hope that everyone had a great time. I plan to have the 9th event next year. One thing i did forget is a camera. Luckily Gary brought his. When he gets back home i hope that he can add some pics to this thread. I do have one from last year that i hope will show the beauty of our cruise. Hopefully it will download. Thanks again to all who participated and look forward to our spring event.
Paul
ok i tried to download and it says that my file is 739 kb and only files of 39 kb will download. anyone help in how i can download?
Old 11-16-2008, 03:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LS427, Keith Craft 408, TKO-600, 370 Rear-End
Not Ranked     
Default Brewters Ice House

“Not a worry in the world a cold beer in my hand life is good today, life is good today”
Old 11-16-2008, 03:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

“Not a worry in the world a cold beer in my hand life is good today, life is good today”
Old 11-16-2008, 03:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I want to thank Paul and all of you really nice folds down at Corpus for putting on a great and most enjoyable event. For the record Brad is my nephew and lives in Austin he has been with me at the last tow Austin events and probably will again next your. Thanks again for really making us feel welcome.

Gary

Old 11-16-2008, 05:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR3542K, 347 C. I., EFI, T-5, Miata Front Sway Bar, 3 Link, Red with White Stripes
Not Ranked     

Looks like a great event! Congrats.
Steve
Old 11-16-2008, 06:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Smile

It does look like fun! Maybe I can make next year!!
Tom
Old 11-16-2008, 06:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classic 302EFI
Not Ranked     

It was a great time! Weather was brisk but the skies were clear and the sun was warm. Rosalie made her first run with me. She was glad she went. So was I!
Roy
Old 11-16-2008, 08:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks Gary for the pics! Great views. Glad you were able to make it. See ya in March.
Paul
Old 11-21-2008, 07:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NW9MFEV2Q5U

Ok, this is my first experience with YouTube and my first attempt to post a video so please bare with me.

Gary

Old 11-21-2008, 01:20 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR DAYTONA COUPE 302 COBRA FE STOCK
Not Ranked     

Gary, Great 1st video! Your car sounds awesome as you were going through the gears. It looks like you all had a great time. We'll have to put this event on our calendar for next year. There is a need for a Coupe in the group.
Old 11-25-2008, 07:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: None yet!
Send a message via Yahoo to aks801
Not Ranked     

That #50 car is sweet (well, they're all nice, of course). Who's is it? Also, is that color Viking Blue? Sure looks like it.
Old 11-25-2008, 06:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Gary car sounds greart and looks very good with paint
Old 12-02-2008, 09:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

hey gary
great job with the video!!!! the #50 is my cobra and yes it is viking blue.
paul