14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2009, 07:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane 427 Cobra #HM2008, Craft Performance 427w 600hp/600tq, TKO-600 close ratio, original Smiths gauges, lucas switches
Send a message via Yahoo to bwcobra15 Send a message via Skype™ to bwcobra15
Not Ranked     
Default Live blog from San Marcos

Okay I am creating this thread so I can blog "live" from San Marcos this weekend with updates and photos .... (assuming the hotel has Wi-Fi). Any one else can contribute as well.. ! We will be arriving in San Marcos Friday morning.

I love it and I need it I bleed it ~ Yeah it's a wild hurricane ~ Alright, hold tight, I'm a highway star!!
Old 03-27-2009, 03:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #968 / Genesis 427 Aluminum S/O
Not Ranked     

OK, I'll be the first.

Travel bits: Dallas group who drove their cars were soaked to the bone. Some are still digging the mud out from their floors.

Austin Club provided a very nice steak, bake potato's and green beans dinner from a catering trailer. Mmmmm good.

A group of six went for a night time cruise to a near by town, and one car HIT A DEER. One buster headlight and crap all over the front end, bonnet and windshield. Well that's all we saw last night. Driver OK. Never saw what he hit.

Cobra: 1, Bambi 0

Who's next?
SPF #968 w/ Genesis Aluminum 427 S/O
CVAR vintage racer: 1965 Mustang Fastback w/ HP 302
Old 03-27-2009, 06:02 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR DAYTONA COUPE 302 COBRA FE STOCK
Not Ranked     

The weather turned out to be beautiful after 2:30pm with the sun evaporating all of the water from the rolling bath tubs. Shelton learned how to drill holes in his floor boards to drain the cockpit.

Great hotel accommodations! Plenty of space in the parking lot for all of the cars, trailers and tow vehicles.

Thursday night tailgate was great. Thanks to the Austin group for a delicious steak dinner and with the coordination of this event.

Jay brought a hot rod Chevy ('57) golf cart. Pic's to follow.

Texas Driving Experience arrived with their rig filled with Superformance rides along with db's usual charming personality.

Looking forward to today's fun.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR3200, Carbed 351W, IRS, TKO600 RR
Not Ranked     

Can't wait to get there and see everyone...be there sat morning.
FFR3200 Comp - NASA #27 (ST-1)
TCC President '03
www.cuttingedgeracing.com
Old 03-27-2009, 01:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FRR MKIII 408w
Not Ranked     
Unhappy

I WANT TO BE THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Next for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-27-2009, 03:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CAV GT40 #169, Ford 408 Stroker & ZF Transaxle
Not Ranked     

Well after being there every year since Number 1, I have to pass this year as been fighting serious sinus infection over the last 2 plus months. Hope the weather clears up for all of you and you have a great party weekend!!!

One of our Ford dealers south of Austin got hit with heavy hail on Thursday so hopefully missed all of you..........
Old 03-27-2009, 07:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via Yahoo to Joe Wicked
Not Ranked     

I hope it is warmer in Austin than DFW. 39° here in Lavon right now according to the computer. The rain this afternoon brought a cold front with it.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR3542K, 347 C. I., EFI, T-5, Miata Front Sway Bar, 3 Link, Red with White Stripes
Not Ranked     

Tomorrow should be cold, but clear. It should be a great ride around Canyon Lake.
Thanks Dallas group for the good grub tonight!
Steve
Old 03-27-2009, 08:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #968 / Genesis 427 Aluminum S/O
Not Ranked     

OK,

Some traveled to The Oasis for lunch, others went to museums and race shops. The restaurant trip took almost 2 hours traveling there (starting on wet roads). Oasis weather, warm sun, cool (almost cold) breeze. Then the wind started picking up. Short cut back to hotel, maybe 45 minutes.

Back in parking lot. Looked like a car wash. Lots of mud and grime to be removed.

One casualty. David from Waco pulled the fiberglass off around the oil cooler from hanging up the front on a wheel stop.

We counted between 75 - 80 cars showing up in the afternoon. Even "the mirror" showed. Polished aluminum Kirkham. Beautiful.

Dinner was fried chicken and catfish. Same caterer as last night.

VERY surreal item to note. There is a convention of "Little People" here in the hotel. Cobras in the Land of Oz. I'm sorry..... I just can't help myself. No PC here, lots of private jokes are going to come out of this!

Cold and windy after the sun went down. Majority of party folks ended up in the lounge and lobby.

The hotel has great staff and hospitality. I wonder how long it will last with us knucklheads?

More to come.
SPF #968 w/ Genesis Aluminum 427 S/O
CVAR vintage racer: 1965 Mustang Fastback w/ HP 302

Last edited by LuvDaBlues; 03-28-2009 at 04:37 AM..
Old 03-27-2009, 10:06 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #867 gone....
Not Ranked     

Thanks for the posts guys! How I wish, how I wish I were there!
Old 03-27-2009, 10:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LSC
Send a message via AIM to cgsincc
Not Ranked     

I agree, the hotel is great. I don't think we've gotten in trouble yet. I have two cameras but haven't taken many pictures, been driving too much. 4 hours and 150 miles just for lunch but it was a beautiful drive!

I was right behind the guy the hit the deer, it could have turned out much worse. Here are the pics I have so far http://s582.photobucket.com/albums/s...incc/TCC%2009/
Old 03-28-2009, 07:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane 427 Cobra #HM2008, Craft Performance 427w 600hp/600tq, TKO-600 close ratio, original Smiths gauges, lucas switches
Send a message via Yahoo to bwcobra15 Send a message via Skype™ to bwcobra15
Not Ranked     

Well i have not been able to get internet service until this morning - i will post pictures later ....

I love it and I need it I bleed it ~ Yeah it's a wild hurricane ~ Alright, hold tight, I'm a highway star!!
Old 03-28-2009, 04:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hope the weather is better there.

39* and snow flurries here and windy as hell all day.

Yea, that's right SNOW FLURRIES
Old 03-29-2009, 12:04 PM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #291 *has left the garage*
Not Ranked     

left my house at 7:15 am, ready to go! quick stop to fuel, coffee, and i am 'officially' on the road at 7:27. Uneventful drive down 35, traffic light but steadily building as the morning progresses. I have my trusty directions, and i find the tollway, north of Georgetown, as directed. Great toll road! Smooth sailing, totally empty, except for the DPS trooper on the other side of the highway, who happens to turn around over the median just as i'm hitting cruising speed. uh-oh....... I immediately 'lift' and come on down nearer 70, the speed limit.... uh-oh...... well after following directions, nice and sweet and all, i am lucky and blessed to say i got by with a warning.... (again!)
I know i know... one of these days i'm gonna get it!
So. my darn phone rings just as i'm getting off tollway, onto 183, and apparently i missed the 21 west sign. Made my first trip to Lockhart. Quaint little town. figured any state road heading west would get me to 35 at some point, so west i headed. 20 minutes later i'm at 35. ok... maybe 30 minutes. don't know but it was lovely two lane cruising, with the windows down. (no roadster- ) Arrived at Mamacita's at 11:10. Not too bad!! Kinda skipped the lunch part- thanks for the chips and salsa, and i guess i owe somebody for my glass of tea- and then a quick powwow with Jacqui and Jodine and then the HIGHLIGHT of the trip, the crowning, well 'silver bowling' of the next Miss Texas Cobra Club, Ms. Claudia Williams.
then.... chat around the parking lot and get new directions to the airport, the alternative location for the photo shoot, what with the muddy roads, etc of the first pick. After one quick wrong turn, that fortunately i realized as soon as i made it, i drove up to the airport, and watched all the Cobra's lining up for the shoot. sad for me....
Well eventually, after a shift of the group once or twice, they got it done, and the photographer was up on the lift and such to get the right angle. I bet they'll be great! The Cobra Airplane was a fabulous finishing touch, and quite the nice surprise fom the CAF museum. Thank you! Well the whole group left for the cruise, and i stayed behind for a good while to wait my turn to take pics of the 500 with the plane. I hope they turn out pretty well!!!
Finally, it's time for me to get on down the road... i head back to 35, fuel up, and get a burger at Mcdonald's. I'm thinking... i know they said there is a cutoff for the tollway north of buda. i'll take it.... So i do. Very nice two lane driving, back to the tollway. Except i didn't find the tollway! it must be there somewhere, right??? so i make a left and get on 183, but i never did find that tollway.... hmmmmm. I wonder where 183 goes?? it's a loop, right?? surely it'll loop me back somewhere, right??? After about 25 minutes i start to wonder... where am i? why don't i have a GPS?? Dang, i'm gonna have to stop and ASK somebody.. buy a map... dang!! so i pull off into thsi filling station to get a map, and ask the guy 'how do i get to Dallas?' he says 35 is just a couple of miles further around the loop. Good! i wasn't doing so bad! yea!!! Next time, take a map!!
there might even be a map in there. hmmm.
So cruised on home and pulled in my driveway at 6:27. A perfect, 11 hour road trip for lunch. not too bad!!
highlights:
1. NOT getting that speeding ticket! whew
2. STANDING on the water fountain with Jacqui and Jodine. I'm really glad we didn't fall in!
3. taking PHOTOS with the cool plane. Just the Mustang left to do it with. cool.

510.9 miles, 11 hours, a handful of chips and a McDonald's burger, all worth it for lunch with my buddies.
thanks guys, for a great year, a great 4 1/2 years with the Cobra, and friendships to last a lifetime! I love ya'll!

Former Miss Texas Cobra Club, Kristen
Old 03-30-2009, 10:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

If your pics didn't come out for some reason, we got a few!
Old 04-05-2009, 06:48 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #867 gone....
Not Ranked     

Whose polished aluminum with Mexico plates?
Old 04-05-2009, 07:07 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane Motorsports; KC408w: 546HP/ 553TQ
Not Ranked     
Default Polished Kirkham...

Miles,

Alfredo Canalizo is the owner.

He has also built a few Hurricanes with custom aluminum hoods and trunk lids.
We have been watching his exploits on the Hurricane Manufacturer Forum for a couple of years.

Check out his shop:

www.kitcarsmexico.com

John