Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Texas Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/texas-cobra-club/)
-   -   Cobra Accident in Corpus Christi (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/texas-cobra-club/96714-cobra-accident-corpus-christi.html)

bstuke 05-04-2009 07:47 AM

Cobra Accident in Corpus Christi

http://www.kristv.com/global/video/p...lover Accident

392cobra 05-04-2009 07:53 AM

Pretty stupid to be Drinking & Driving.

lovehamr 05-04-2009 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 392cobra (Post 945924)

I have to agree, especially in something like a Cobra.

4RE KLR 05-04-2009 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 392cobra (Post 945924)

Well it sounds like only his wallet will take a hit as it sounds like both he and the passenger will be OK. First, thank God for that small miracle.

The car is a total loss. I am not sure his insurance will pay for the damages if it is proven he had been drinking. Can you say "POLICY CANCILATION"

But we know what they say:

"Educations aren't Cheap"

vettestr 05-04-2009 09:38 AM

I'll say IF he made the choice to drink and drive only because a news story does not make it a fact (we can hang him later) then he owns that choice. The list of others he hurt is limited on the surface to one passenger.

Of course that all changes if the non life threatening injuries is later defined as drooling on herself in a wheelchair with the mental status of a 4 year old child from the head trauma.

My life and family have been touched by a fatal accident caused by a drunk driver so I tend to go off on drunk driving accidents. In the past I have driven drunk and by the grace of god never hurt anything or anyone, now rarely even drink. Nobody plans to hurt and devastate others but it can and does happen. End of rant !!

danc30 05-04-2009 01:00 PM

Stupid yes.

Gas pouring out of tank at the very end of the video and nobody doing anything, priceless.

Texas-Saluki 05-04-2009 01:33 PM

the gas pouring out was a nice touch. 500 hp and booze just don't mix

madmaxx 05-04-2009 01:41 PM

what a stupid A$$$$. I wish he were alone and the consequences more severe, if he was that stupid to drink and drive he will again make another stupid decision in the future and possibley delever dire consequences to an innocent by standers like a child. I like to jam something right up his A$$$$

FUNFER2 05-04-2009 02:28 PM

DRUNK DRIVERS,........your day will come ! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Nor Cal Al 05-04-2009 03:27 PM

Then there is the DUI program and a bunch of cash outlayed to the law and the judge.
Al

am6948 05-04-2009 03:30 PM

Wreck

At least the roll bars did their job.

Bernica 05-04-2009 03:33 PM

How to spell "Stupid"? Drink...then drive one of these.

RedBarchetta 05-04-2009 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by am6948 (Post 946074)
At least the roll bars did their job.

Not if he was drunk they didn't. The one time the roll bars SHOULD have failed. This sort of thing will continue to happen in this country until the punishment fits the crime. Until we start viewing DUI equivalent to murder one, stupid people will continue to do stupid things. :mad:

-Dean

DocDirk 05-04-2009 04:41 PM

Stupid

Well I'm stupid enough to build and drive one of these beasts while I'm sober!

I'd like to see drunk driving treated as what it is, a premeditated act.

There are countries in the world where drunk driving is punishable by execution......

Humans....!!

Dirk

392cobra 05-04-2009 05:24 PM

I'm not positive but I was told that this is a video of "the Test" after they pulled him from the wreck.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3N01v-VCpYw

Rwillia4 05-04-2009 05:54 PM

can anybody ID the type of build.

SoTxButler 05-04-2009 06:56 PM

How about someone from Corpus filling us in. Was this car at the Spring Meet? While it is stupid if drink was involved....still hoping the people will be OK.

Dangerous Doug 05-04-2009 07:00 PM

LOL

You gotta check out the Breathalyzer video!

Not a good time to make that mistake...

DD

Rogelio 05-04-2009 07:56 PM

So far we dont know who it is. It is not a car we recognize. I have gotten several call to make sure it wasnt me. And it is not Bill Boeker, the only red cobra in town, because he was one of the calls. Maybe a new arrival?
Thats all I know...not much.
Roy

reyperez 05-04-2009 08:58 PM

Man, I grew up in Corpus Christi. My sister lives close to that area off Everhart and Yorktown. Those roads are horrible to drive on just trying to go the speed limit. I can't imagine this guy was able to get a long enough stretch of flat roads to go that fast. That may explain why he probably lost control. I also wouldn't trust channel 6 news with the latest and greatest facts. Just my opinion. I'll ask my sister if she knows anything else about this guy. She use to work at the hospital he was sent to and still knows a lot of the doctors down there.