17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 05-18-2009, 12:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Cobra, 427 side oiler
Not Ranked     
Default My New Cobra

I have been rambling around CC since last fall gathering info for this project. Thanks to those of you who have replied to my posts. After a few delays and my tangents to do " a few more things" our Hurricane is officially complete. I purchased HM1006 in January from a guy in Michigan turn-key minus, then proceeded to rip it apart and re-do a number of things to my liking. Most of my effort has centered around replacing the sheet metal, ripping out all the zip ties and split loom and adding a few things from an originality standpoint. I had originally planned on repainting it to a more authentic color while it was apart, but everyone who has seen it has pestered me about leaving it the existing color (Lambo titanium.) So I'll probably run it like this a while and see what happens. The car has a freshly rebuilt 1966 427 R-code Galaxie side oiler I found in a dairy barn in San Antonio last fall (isn't Craigslist wonderful?) with Medium riser heads, Le Mans crank and rods, Diamond pistons, Comp cam, Sidewinder intake with single 4 bbl and mated to a TKO600.

I'm working through some leaks (expansion tanks suck) and tuning issues but should have it mostly dialed in and stable shortly. I have met some of you at a few events and look forward to spending some time with the TCC.

Thanks,

Jim

Last edited by elmariachi; 05-18-2009 at 02:29 PM..
Old 05-18-2009, 01:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates/Shell Valley Street Cobra
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Wow !!!!

What a beautiful car....I "prefer" Cobra's in Blue...but I would have a difficult time changing that coulor...looks like great fun...thanks for the pics...
Old 05-18-2009, 02:10 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary, FE, Tremec TKO 600
Not Ranked     

Simply oustanding, VERY nice job. Enjoy it and congratulations.
Old 05-18-2009, 02:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Cobra, 427 side oiler
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 767Jockey View Post
Simply oustanding, VERY nice job. Enjoy it and congratulations.
Thanks for the note. I have followed your resurrection faithfully and only wish I had the time and patience to go into it as deep as you. I did manage to get a few things sorta correct:

- Lucas switches and Smiths gauges (still haven't installed all the Smiths for fear of them failing.)
- Lucas wiring harness clips
- Original style aluminum wire ties straps from Nick at Acton Custom
- Vinyl covering on the rear bulkhead
- Footbox vents with correct dash knobs

The opposite side radiator Hurricane uses is bugging me, so swapping that out for the period-correct setup will be a winter 2009 project. And I have decided to retro my side oiler with a turkey pan, original-style chrome valve covers and a puke tank. I'm this close, might as well go all the way.

Last edited by elmariachi; 05-18-2009 at 02:28 PM..
Old 05-18-2009, 02:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters '66 427 Replica-SOLD
Not Ranked     

VERY sharp car and color!!!
Old 05-18-2009, 06:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Nice car Jim.

Don't forget to send that "email"
Old 05-18-2009, 07:01 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 4772 old iron FE
Not Ranked     

Looking good Jim, proud to be a (small) part of a project like that. Stay after it the detail level you're at makes a good car great.