28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2009, 10:47 PM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #291 *has left the garage*
Not Ranked     
Default Any Tales or Treasures from Tulsa??

All us sad folk that didn't make Tulsa this year would like to hear some stories and SEE some photos of the event. C'mon you guys, i know ya'll had fun friday and saturday! Post some pictures, please.
thank you! <3 k
Old 06-28-2009, 04:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Send a message via AIM to Clois Harlan
Not Ranked     

Hello Kristen,

No photo's from me but in a word it was "HOT"! Temps were near or above 100 all week and it just knocked the socks off everyone. Larry Reyburn, Sammy, and others were running very well. I had a small problem on Friday the I thought was much worse so I sold my pass for Friday. George Anderson came by my pits late in the day and we realized it was just a bent push rod. Fixed that about 6:30 Saturday morning and ran utill about 2:30 when the heat and my 3 layer fire suit became unbearable. Track temps were near 200 degrees so track was slick. All in all everyone was in good spirits dispite the temps. We missed all the regulars Jay , Miles, Steve, yourself and others. Excellent crowd given the economy (Wed, Thur, and Friday was sold out).

I am sure Sammy and others will post some pictures later today.

Clois

"Let's roll"

"Be part of Something Good
......Leave Something Good Behind!"
from CD "Long Road Out of Eden"
Old 06-28-2009, 07:08 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA GT #2077, 331 SBF, Webers, Gurney Eagle heads
Not Ranked     
Default Tulsa Report

I am about to head out .. it rained last night and it is still wet. Wonder if it will be humid for the car show? I'm not staying, got too much to do at home ..

We sure missed out usual Tulsa group from the DFW club. But a great reunion at Hallett with Clois, Dean and special 2009 appearance by WildBill and Mary. It was 103 in the shade, wind if you were up on the hill. Of course a 103 breeze is like a blast furnace Had to drink lots of water and Gatorade. Way too many cars on the track Fri. Sat was better. Next year, I'm not running on Fri! Big crowd Fri night for the cookout, with several new people .. still, we missed you guys!

Took Jim J. around for one session with Group II, Sat. He had a big time. I had the video camera mounted, so he will get a DVD. All part of the service More pics of that tonight when I can, but here is one Larry and I like that Clyde took of us wheel to wheel, comin' atcha!

Sam
Old 06-28-2009, 01:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Coupe SOLD.Current 66 Mustang
Not Ranked     
Cool Coool time at Hallet

Wow whata great time we had ther with all the familiar RunNGun family It was a fun time exept for the heat after my last run on sat I thought I was going to passout runnig hard against the Pannos and that Blue09Mustang we had a great run going till the brakes went away still managed a 1.33.2 for my first time ther im ok with that ,what a fun time seeing you all Texas corner was a blast fri eve. I will try to be prepared sooner next time hope its cooler next year ;-)...WB3
I agree Life is way to short to worry about gas milage.Other rides Crewcab Super Duty F350 Ford,Shlby Charger,66Mustang/Frankinstang,Chevy Van,KTM Dualsport,FFR Daytona Coupe SOLD... RUN N GUN 06,07,08,09 Hallet 09,
Old 06-28-2009, 01:40 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane Motorsports; KC408w: 546HP/ 553TQ
Not Ranked     
Default I feel for you all...

Man alive, it has been hotter thanhell here back here at the ranch. You guys must have been really suffering at the track.

Probably should take tomorrow off from work to recuperate.

I took the cobra out last evening and again today mid-day. I would say I am ready for October to be here already, but it may be November before it cools down, at this rate.
Old 06-28-2009, 05:47 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: JBL now SOLD
Send a message via AIM to jdean
Not Ranked     
Default A tale from Tulsa

Kristen, it was so hot that after coming off the track Sammy fell on his car and melted away!!

Old 06-28-2009, 06:42 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

You know, John .. what would be wrong with wearing that black nomex suit inside out? Can I still work the zipper?

I told this story when we were at the snack bar, but again for the kids who stayed home .. I found out the difference between a GT 500 and a KR (modern versions). When I am at wide open throttle, the GT 500's fall away in my rear view mirror. When I am at WOT near a KR, I fall away in their rear view mirror. Them things are awesome! I got blown away by two of them dueling with each other :O

Sam

Sam
Old 06-29-2009, 05:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Send a message via AIM to Clois Harlan
Not Ranked     

When I bought my drivers suit I thought "Black" doesn't show dirt and should last me a long time! Three layers of NOMEX does not breath and especially at 104 degrees and no wind. The good news is that when I was thrashing the ole girl around on Saturday the water temp never got above 190 degrees and my oil temp was constant at 245 degrees.

Congrats Bill on your 1:32 time I was way off my better lap times of last year. Track was a little slick and during my last session I had oil all over my drivers side rear tire. Bad rear end axel seal. Time to quit so no one gets in trouble because of my mess.

In spite of all the little set backs I had a very good time. Next year will be cooler.

Clois

"Let's roll"

"Be part of Something Good
......Leave Something Good Behind!"
from CD "Long Road Out of Eden"
Old 06-29-2009, 06:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Coupe SOLD.Current 66 Mustang
Not Ranked     

Thanks Clois for showing me the way around Hallet I wish you could have stayed out longer being a first timer ther The track wanted me in group 3 (NO PASSING).I have been around to long for that even if I havent run ther before, so Clois showed me the ropes and I grabbed the reins and held on with no problems exept for using to much brake and having them fade at the end.The car seemed to run hot but never missed a beat or pushed water out.Did I say how much I enjoyed this track running though the hills thats cool.I hope James gets on and tells about popeye's fun.Wish more could have come we had a great time with Larry and Jackie ther allways a hoot.Hope to see many of you at the next goround...WB3
I agree Life is way to short to worry about gas milage.Other rides Crewcab Super Duty F350 Ford,Shlby Charger,66Mustang/Frankinstang,Chevy Van,KTM Dualsport,FFR Daytona Coupe SOLD... RUN N GUN 06,07,08,09 Hallet 09,
Old 06-29-2009, 02:03 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Bill,

If you can do a 1.33 for the first day at Hallett, you for sure can skip on Group 3. Pretty darn good.
Old 06-29-2009, 04:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CAV GT40 #169, Ford 408 Stroker & ZF Transaxle
Not Ranked     

Great time as usual at least Thursday and Friday for me as bought a polish sausage at Hallet for lunch Friday (must of been left over from 2008) and it put me down late Friday afternoon......puked all the way home...sick, sick, sick, sick did I say I was sick!!!!! Reminded me of my college drinking days.......oh well it was fun while it lasted!!
Attached Images

Old 06-29-2009, 04:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CAV GT40 #169, Ford 408 Stroker & ZF Transaxle
Not Ranked     

Couple more....
Old 06-29-2009, 06:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Mk III, balanced 302 bored 30 over, AFR Heads w/ E cam, Ebrock intake, K & N filter on top
Not Ranked     
Default Had a great time at Mid-America

Francie and I had a great time meeting all the folks that came to Mid-America. Now if I can just remember all the names and faces that go with them. Already have the Oct. time booked on my calendar and we'll get a chance to visit our new grandson in Magnolia.
My new engine seems to be running real nice, a lot smoother (balanced) with all the forged parts (much stronger I hope). Wish now I had gotten it out for the show. Will be better prepared for the rain, etc next time. Sorry we couldn't dial up a better WX package but at least it was cooler on Sunday.
Old 06-29-2009, 07:59 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default More ...

Jim J and Mmme after a session, look Ma, no brakes!!

CVAR Goat Rope Demo .. see if you can find the goat

Mmme and Larry rolling around with the B!tch

Railbirds, see how well you know your fellow members:

Many more photos, mostly of Mmme - thanks to jdean, but won't bore you with 100 photos of the silver/red thing. I did get about 4 good videos. I may You Tube one of the better ones later .. need some time And yes Gym, your ride made the video. DVD for you next time I see you at a meet. Yes, you have to come to a meet!

And welcome Max and Francie! Glad you came up, and we'll be looking for you in the future

Sam
Old 06-29-2009, 08:53 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #867 gone....
Not Ranked     

Railbirds, see how well you know your fellow members:

Jeesh, who had the sale on cargo shorts?
Old 06-29-2009, 09:00 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR DAYTONA COUPE 302 COBRA FE STOCK
Not Ranked     

Here's some more pic.s from the blast furnace...
John Dean with a JBL grin and Jim Jacobs after a couple of rides at speed on the track..."better than sex!"

Alan trying to catch up with John and Gary...

Sssammy puttin' down the hammer...out front and pullin' away.

More later...'Hope more TCC members can make it next year.

Here are a few more shots from the Friday night tail-gater...and John, I did not get the memo on "cargos".

A big thanks to Sammy from all for handling the coordination and the cooking.

Last edited by LREYBURN; 06-30-2009 at 09:50 AM..
Old 06-30-2009, 07:10 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Miles, Elaine had a good laugh at your post on that one about the cargo shorts.

I guess Larry did not get the memo!!

Hope you can make it next time, we missed all you no-shows.

Last edited by jdean; 06-30-2009 at 07:13 AM..
Old 06-30-2009, 08:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Facotry Five Daytona Coupe 392 Ford Racing
Not Ranked     

Sammy - I'm not sure I can wait until our next meet to get the DVD. What a blast I had riding with both you and Larry. You both are very good drivers and I'd ride with with you again anywhere/anytime.

Thanks again

Jim
Old 06-30-2009, 11:05 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via Yahoo to flyboy1997
Not Ranked     

Here is an example of how H O T it got...... My Dash Melted !
Attached Images

Old 06-30-2009, 05:58 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Jeez, Wendell, that sux! Did that happen at the show? Can you refinish it? Polyurethane?

Sam