Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Texas Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/texas-cobra-club/)
-   -   Happy July 4th, and a good day to share this news!! (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/texas-cobra-club/98079-happy-july-4th-good-day-share-news.html)

jrussell 07-04-2009 05:07 AM

Happy July 4th, and a good day to share this news!!

Happy 4th of July to all, and I want to share some news concerning my family.
This is a perfect day to tell you that my son made a decision and joined the Navy on Monday(6-29-09). His initial assignment following his ASVAB text score (96 out of 99) is Missile Technician-Submarine, Advanced Electronics Field. He was contacted Monday afternoon and offered Nuclear, which he accepted, and we are waiting on that paperwork and new contract. Needless to say, we are very proud of him. He also qualified for all the Special Ops- Seal, Rescue Diver, etc.....but those require a different set of physical requirements that must be met prior to being accepted. The Navy has training available here and he will start working out with them this coming Wednesday, and we are confident he will complete this with no problem. His College credits and Eagle Scout give him two Rank advancements going in when he reports for Basic Training.
Thanks,
The Russell family

Ron61 07-04-2009 05:42 AM

:)

Hey, that is great news and congratulations to your son. It is young people like him that this county is going to need to survive. All of you have a great and safe 4th.

Ron ;)

SSSammy 07-04-2009 05:45 AM

That's great news, John! He is headed out to be one of the best of the best. He will get more training in the next three years than civilians take to accomplish a BS and MS degree. Best wishes to him ...

Sam
ex LT USN

jdean 07-04-2009 05:46 AM

Congratulations John, what great news esp. on 4th of July.

You should be a proud poppa!!

LREYBURN 07-04-2009 06:40 AM

That is wonderful news! Stand tall and proud Dad and MOM. Happy 4th of July!

jwoodard 07-04-2009 08:08 AM

Great news John and thanks for sharing with your Cobra family. As an ex USN myself, I'm glad he choose our branch of Service.
Happy 4th to the Russell family and everyone else!

twobjshelbys 07-04-2009 08:26 AM

Congratulations to you and thanks to him.

4RE KLR 07-04-2009 09:14 AM

Congrats John.

Xavier 07-04-2009 10:51 AM

Congratulations.

Gregg(What's his name)? 07-04-2009 01:09 PM

I guess its OK!

John,

Since he didn't join the Army I am a little disappointed...naw that is great news. Congrats and enjoy being a USN Parent. It is time to celebrate.

DocDirk 07-04-2009 01:25 PM

John, your son is one of my heros already - so great to hear of your joy and pride in his accomplishments, not to mention those he's headed for:) He's one of the REAL Americans, who make this country great.

Congratulations!

Dirk

Fordzilla 07-04-2009 04:03 PM

Congrats!!

COBRANIP 07-05-2009 12:59 AM

Congrats and tell your son "Thank You" and give him a firm handshake from me.
(Of course those of us that were in the Army.....well, never mind.)
Being a Viet Nam vet, nothing makes me happier or more satisified than to see the respect and appreciation our young vets are receiving from the public.

bobcowan 07-05-2009 10:13 AM

Great! Congratulations. Sounds like he has a fine career ahead of him.

I helped both of my kids, and a few relatives and friends get through basic training. There are some really simple rules to follow. They all said I was exactly right, and keeping those rules in mind made boot campe pretty easy.

1. Do exactly what they tell you. Exactly. A lot of it appears to be just stupid stuff, that doesn't make any sense. Doesn't matter, do it anyway. Keep your mouth shut, don't complain, and just do it.

2. The permanent party people are not your friends. Not even the medics and psychs. If they ask how things are going, say "Outstanding Sir!". If they ask how you feel, say " Proud to be here, sir!". NEVER say things like tired, or home sick, or down. NEVER. Unless you want to come home on the next bus.

3. Relaxe, have a good time, and go with the flow. It's only a few weeks, and 1 year from now nobody will care what you did in Basic.

Clois Harlan 07-05-2009 01:10 PM

John,

Congrats on your parenting and enstilling American values and responsibility. That is very exciting news. If he is anything like his dad he is already a great person.

Clois

gsharapa 07-05-2009 02:59 PM

John,

Sounds like John Jr. is making some sound decisons and has a great future ahead of him. See the world and get a great education and career at the same time. Always thought the Navy would be the way to go! Hey you and Mary need to get out more.....see ya soon!

tomh440 07-05-2009 07:57 PM

We are all very proud! Thanks for sharing with us!
Tom

Madmiles442 07-05-2009 08:58 PM

Congrats!! Great news!!

JRoss 07-05-2009 10:46 PM

Congradulations John Jr (and mom and dad too).

John

Roush #1 07-06-2009 08:54 AM

John,

Congratulations to your son and family from an Army veteran.

I know you all must be proud.

Jody