Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Texas Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/texas-cobra-club/)
-   -   Cars and Coffee again? (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/texas-cobra-club/98429-cars-coffee-again.html)

Joe Wicked 07-20-2009 12:59 PM

Cars and Coffee again?

My Neighbor works for Classic BMW and has been begging me to get the club to come back out. He wasn't there for the first one, and I don't know if anyone went last month.

So what do you guys think? I may actually get up on a Saturday morning and make it out too.

cgsincc 07-20-2009 04:26 PM

when and where? I missed it last time

Joe Wicked 07-20-2009 05:16 PM

It is the last Saturday of the month at Classic BMW. Corner of Spring Creek and North Dallas Tollway. Last month the schedule was from sunup - noon so I am assuming it is the same. I will confirm with my neighbor though. It is a free event but they are accepting donations for Alzheimer's Association, Dallas Chapter in return for a cup of java.

http://www.classicbmw.com/index.php?id=240

http://www.flickr.com/photos/39082328@N08/

cgsincc 07-21-2009 05:24 AM

Looks good, I will be there. Anybody else?

BlueCobra 07-21-2009 07:49 AM

Cars and Coffee

I went last month. I will probably show up again. It is supposed to at 6:30 a.m till noon.

Dan

Joe Wicked 07-21-2009 08:10 AM

Maybe I will get to meet both of you guys since I don't think I have yet.

damdfw 07-21-2009 08:33 AM

I'm going to try to make.

I need to finish up and get my cobra on the road. We finally get a break from the heat and my son gives me a bad cold. I have felt like crap all week.

Joe Wicked 07-21-2009 10:17 AM

Sorry to hear that David. How much you have left to go before you are on the road?

damdfw 07-21-2009 10:20 AM

Not much. The only major items are that I need to plumb the fuel system and hook up the MSD. Then I will take it to a shop to have the brackets welded on the exhaust and sent for ceramic coating.

Getting closer. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Wicked (Post 968186)
Sorry to hear that David. How much you have left to go before you are on the road?

Madmiles442 07-21-2009 03:07 PM

Annie's still not running right so I can't make it.
I'm not either, I have a summer cold too. Argh.

jdean 07-21-2009 03:12 PM

I've heard of a few others who suddenly have colds/flu stuff going around....really sucks in the summer.

Joe Wicked 07-21-2009 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdean (Post 968247)
I've heard of a few others who suddenly have colds/flu stuff going around....really sucks in the summer.

Yea a few of my neighbors have been getting it too.

SSSammy 07-21-2009 06:31 PM

I'm in. Need some more northerners! We could do a group arrival if we have a few people on the same timeline :)

Sam

jshel1 07-21-2009 08:06 PM

I'm in for whatever timeline is a consensus. Form a quorum and we can do Starbucks again. Had 4 last time... lets see if we can double that this go around.

cgsincc 07-22-2009 05:31 AM

Meeting and cruising in together sounds good. I am not familiar with the area so yall pick a place.

Joe Wicked 07-22-2009 06:34 AM

John,
What starbucks did ya'll meet at last time? That sounds good to me. I have a $10 gift card to starbucks so that should get me a small regular coffee.

whichonetodrive 07-22-2009 06:35 AM

have fun, I have been to the other 2 shows and had a great time looking at all the cars and answering questions, but this weekend I am out of town. If I can make a suggestion, I watched a dad taking pictures of his son in front of my car, asked him if he would like to have the little one sit in the seat and take pictures. I thought the guy was going to come un-glued. I figure it this way what the hell could a kid do just sitting there, and the memories that dad has of him and his son spending the day at the car show are worth everything. Also since a guy with a million plus dollar bugatti veyron can let people take pictures why not a guy with a replica. just a thought

SSSammy 07-22-2009 08:10 AM

Starbucks Parker and Tollway

We met at Starbucks at Parker and Tollway, SE corner. Easy access via Bush Freeway and the ND Tollway for those coming across town.Then it was just a mile up the access road to Classic BMW at Spring Creek Pkwy. We will all get to park together at BMW if we arrive together.

We met at 9:00 and didn't leave Starbucks till 9:30, too late! They were out of coffee and it got hot, so we were gone by 11:00. I suggest we do the rendezvous at Starbucks, but at 8:00, have a cup, then head up the road by 8:30. We could be out of there by 10:00.

Starbucks
5960 West Parker Road
Plano, TX 75093
(972) 378-9167

Sam

cgsincc 07-22-2009 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Wicked (Post 968430)
John,
What starbucks did ya'll meet at last time? That sounds good to me. I have a $10 gift card to starbucks so that should get me a small regular coffee.

Google maps shows a starbucks about 2 blocks north on Legacy Drive. Looks like the closest one, want to meet there?

4RE KLR 07-22-2009 08:52 AM

Joe,

I may try to make this as well. We'll see how the rest of the week goes.