14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2009, 10:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett Morrison, All aluminum small block ford.
Not Ranked     
Default Older Everett Morrison chassis

Anyone out there have an older style 4" tube Everett Morrison kit. I am currently building one and would like a few pics of certain areas of the car. My biggest question would be about steering column routing. I have spoken to Everett Morrison and since they have sold they arent much help really. If anybody can help I would really appreciate it.

Thanks
Gene
Attached Images

Old 08-24-2009, 11:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 65 Factory Five MKIII Cobra
Not Ranked     

Hey there. Check the Everett-Morrison forum page http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/everett-morrison-motorcars-speak-julie-brett/

I think Julie monitors it and they should be able to help you out....
Good Luck,
Greg
Old 08-24-2009, 12:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett-Morrison 427SC 302 smallblock. 431 stroker in the works, tremec 3550
Not Ranked     

I've got an E-M round tube framed Cobra built in '95. Mustang II based front suspension. 9" Ford axle with E-M 4 link and coilovers. How early is your kit? Was it originally a leaf spring setup in the rear? I have the assembly manual. I'd be happy to send you copies of the pages you might need and pictures also.
Old 08-25-2009, 05:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I have no idea how early the kit is. I cant find a serial number on it anywhere and the people at EM basicly told me without a serial number they cant help me(which is understandable). It was an original leaf spring chassis, and mustang II front suspension. I got the car from a guy who got the car from a guy who god knows where he got it...lol. I got a barely rolling frame and body...thats it. I mainly have questions about steering column location, supports for that. Dash mounting...jsut odds and ends. I would take any info I could get and would greatly appreciate it if you could send me anything you have.

Thanks again
Gene
Old 08-25-2009, 06:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold my EM.
Not Ranked     

My E-M has a Corvette front end so my info may or may not be of use, but here goes. I got my steering column from Speedway Motors. The column assembly goes through the firewall just inboard of the brake master cylinders and is supported by a bracket sort of like this:

The column ends an inch or so beyond the firewall at a u-joint. There is then a short length of D-rod shaft going through a shaft support mounted on the inner fender cover. It is sort of like this:

Just down from the support there is another u-joint to a longer shaft running all the way down to my steering box.

My car was built for the track rather than the show circuit, so it's not especially attractive. But it is very secure and the arrangement of shafts and u-joints would allow the steering shafts to accordion rather than be pushed back into the driver in event of a collision.
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." - Hanlon's Razor

Last edited by Tommy; 08-25-2009 at 06:53 AM.. Reason: Typo
Old 08-25-2009, 09:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I figured either just inboard like you say or possibly between the footbox and the cowling. I havent really gotten to the body side of things. I have been working on the frame and rear suspension. Now that it getting close to being done If they ever get my fuel tank done..lol.. I gotta build headers and then start towards the body.

thanks for the insight Tommy, I really appreciate it. There is a couple of cobras running around down here but ones from mexico and rather poor example of one and the other I have not got to see up close.

Again, thanks for the info

Gene
Old 08-25-2009, 02:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett-Morrison LS1
Not Ranked     

do the steering before you build headers
Old 08-25-2009, 05:11 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Butler...488" hi-rise, dry-sump FE s/o w/stacks
Not Ranked     

Gene,

I live in McAllen. I have a Butler but there might be some things you can learn from how mine is done. My car is in Houston at the moment but will be here by the middle of September. I've got some pics in the gallery.

Call me sometime....956/451-9253.

Russ
Old 08-26-2009, 05:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I will Russ, thank you.

Gene