10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 02-03-2010, 08:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Who else for these type of wheels?

I have always admired the PS engineering wheels, but after 2 emails and one fax, and no replies, I've decided not to go with them.

What other companies make a similar wheel, which I can get a custom offset?

I am using the lug nuts (of course) and am looking at getting a chromed or fully polished wheel.

I've seen the American racing (shelby) wheels, but I am not as taken by the, plus I need a deeper offset on the front than they offer.

thx
Old 02-03-2010, 08:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Size 10 Feet
Not Ranked     

Phil Schmidt responds best to phone calls. Call him early in the morning (like before 8am Pacific) for the best chance to connect. He'd rather build wheels than spend his work time on the phone. Good Guy.

If you want alternatives, try Vintage Wheels (vintagewheelsus.com). They make several different backspacings.
Old 02-03-2010, 09:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1966 Lone Star 427SC.
Not Ranked     

I have Team III's. Check out my album for pics. Great people great wheels.
They're custom made have any back spacing/off set ect. that you want. It's cool that a cover goes over the lug nuts and it even has a male thread and female spinner. Looks close to a true knock-off, at least as good as it gets anyway. I really like them.

Also, you can order them fully polished or half polished.
(mine are half as I did not want too,...much bling)

Last edited by FUNFER2; 02-03-2010 at 09:18 AM..
Old 02-03-2010, 02:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 289 FIA #2108
Not Ranked     

I have Vintage Wheels (see link in Bob's posting above). They did a custom backspacing on mine to fit my 289 FIA, and the wheels are outstanding. Service at Vintage is excellent. If not a live person, I got quick callbacks. Machining was dead-on, and leadtime was reasonable. I give Vintage Wheels US my highest recommendation.

DD

"You're kidding, right?"
Old 02-03-2010, 02:36 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AK1085 (302), HTM111 (427 Comp), CSX2375R (289 Comp) and Scratch 427 S/C
Not Ranked     

Bob at Vintage gets my thumbs up!
Old 02-03-2010, 06:22 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: JBL now SOLD
Send a message via AIM to jdean
Not Ranked     

Bob at Vintage Wheels will answer the phone or return calls quickly. Great folks to work with....great service and high quality products.
Old 02-03-2010, 07:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA, 1964 289->Webers
Not Ranked     

I have a set of PS engineering & a set of Trigo wheels. Both are great. Like bob stated above, PSE (phil schmidt) can be a little odd to contact but he is a one man show & usually quite busy. He is great to deal with, just get him on the phone. I know it's tough to understand, I didn't at first either, but he just has a lot going on. When you get his attention he is a great person to deal with.
Old 02-03-2010, 07:40 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2613 Titanium w/Black, Roush 402SR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by *13* View Post
I have a set of PS engineering & a set of Trigo wheels. Both are great. Like bob stated above, PSE (phil schmidt) can be a little odd to contact but he is a one man show & usually quite busy. He is great to deal with, just get him on the phone. I know it's tough to understand, I didn't at first either, but he just has a lot going on. When you get his attention he is a great person to deal with.
So why doesn't he just turn his email and fax machine off? In this day and age (and business environment), it doesn't make any sense at all. I guess he's as busy as he wants to be.

No stop signs, speed limit - Nobody's gonna slow me down - Like a wheel, gonna spin it
Old 02-03-2010, 07:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA, 1964 289->Webers
Not Ranked     

I've only met the guy a couple times. I agree his tactics are seemingly unbusiness like. I chalk it up to him being the odd artist type... Who knows why.... He was very helpful to me in building my wheels, that I can tell you.
Old 02-03-2010, 08:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by *13* View Post
I've only met the guy a couple times. I agree his tactics are seemingly unbusiness like. I chalk it up to him being the odd artist type... Who knows why.... He was very helpful to me in building my wheels, that I can tell you.
phill is a little hard to get a hold of I admit, but theres a reason spf uses them, the wheels are the best looking in my opinion.
Old 02-03-2010, 10:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Thanks guys.
I am not knocking the other guy, however since I'm dealing internationally, I cannot afford to deal with a company which is hard to get a hold of.
I know what one man operations are like. I was one, once, although I always caught up on my paperwork and contacts at the end of the day.

I like the team III wheels also, very nice!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: