• 1 Post By SPF1061

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-20-2015, 10:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default m/t ET s/s and Nitto 555r

Anyone have any thoughts on either tire. Staying 15 inch and currently have Hoosier TD's which are too extreme for me. My car will never see the track. Looking for a street tire with good handling and the right look. Not going the Goodyear route. Thanks
Old 11-20-2015, 11:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, Survival Motorsports aluminum FE 482
Not Ranked     

Given those choices for 15's I'd go MT. Have you considered Avons? Different price class but well worth it from what I hear (I run Michelin Pilot Sports)
Old 11-20-2015, 12:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #2119 289FIA
Not Ranked     

I'm very pleased with my M/Ts. 10x26x15 front. 12x26x15 rear. I used to run M/T drag radials, when I had a big engine and they were fine, but not so good on wet pavement. My Sportsman SRs are fine with my mini engine and they have a nice "assertive" tread.
Old 11-20-2015, 01:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #1950, Roush 402R, TKO600
Not Ranked     

I run the M/T ST's and they are an all round great street tire and good in the rain (don't ask)
Old 11-21-2015, 11:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance Mk III / Windsor platform
Not Ranked     

Avon CR6ZZ is the best Cobra tire in a 15". No contest.
CR6ZZ | Avon Motorsport
They are available in the US at SASCO Sports on the east coast and ROGER KRAUS on the west coast. Be sitting down when you price them.
Old 11-21-2015, 03:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Fordstroker 408w custom solid roller-Craft ported Brodix 17*heads-CFM ported Vic Jr. intake-1 3/4 primaries- 575hp-TKO-600RR Liberty upgrade- -Moser 8.8 trutrac-McLeod Street Extreme--QA-1-Wilwood brakes, Classic Chambered 3" Cobrapacks, Avon's
Not Ranked     

When you say drag radials does that mean for Drag racing (as in flexible sidewalls) not meant for autocross.
SPF1061 are the avons good for autocross? or should I spend the $1300 (team3wheels) for 17 inch wheels and go with the usual selection of tires for autocross.
I like how the 15" fills my wheelwell and the overall look in general but I torn between the so called {better tire for autocross} and the 15" look
I drive to the tracks. I need some help here before I spend the money either way.
Old 11-21-2015, 03:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Fordstroker 408w custom solid roller-Craft ported Brodix 17*heads-CFM ported Vic Jr. intake-1 3/4 primaries- 575hp-TKO-600RR Liberty upgrade- -Moser 8.8 trutrac-McLeod Street Extreme--QA-1-Wilwood brakes, Classic Chambered 3" Cobrapacks, Avon's
Not Ranked     

When you say drag radials does that mean for Drag racing (as in flexible sidewalls) not meant for autocross.
SPF1061 are the avons good for autocross? or should I spend the $1300 (team3wheels) for 17 inch wheels and go with the usual selection of tires for autocross.
I like how the 15" fills my wheelwell and the overall look in general but I torn between the so called {better tire for autocross} and the 15" look
I drive to the tracks. I need some help here before I spend the money either way.
Old 11-21-2015, 03:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

The Avons are a sticky racing tire. There are lots of threads on Avons do a search if you have not already. I don't recall anyone saying they did not love Avons.
Old 11-21-2015, 03:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

sorry for the double post
Oh!, I didn't realize they were a racing tire. I've read alot of posts on them but never heard that term, that says alot then and makes them worth the price.

Last edited by RET_COP; 11-21-2015 at 03:26 PM..
Old 11-21-2015, 03:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RET_COP View Post
sorry for the double post
Oh!, I didn't realize they were a racing tire. I've read alot of posts on them but never heard that term, that says alot then and makes them worth the price.
If you edit a post you can delete it.

CR6ZZ | Avon Motorsport
Old 11-21-2015, 06:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance Mk III / Windsor platform
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit Bill View Post
The Avons are a sticky racing tire. There are lots of threads on Avons do a search if you have not already. I don't recall anyone saying they did not love Avons.
The Avons are DOT legal tires that are great on the track or on the street. Expect to get around 8000 miles with mainly street and occasional track use. I've logged over 30k miles on Avons. It kills the pocket book avery time I buy a new set, but once you drive a "Cobra" with Avons there is no going back. (I'm talking 15"s. There might be equal or better in 17"s/18's??. I have no experience there.)
RET_COP likes this.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: