Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-22-2016, 09:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Compmotive tri-bar spinner center cap - anybody have one?

While driving my cobra the other day I lost the tri-bar spinner center cap to my rear Compmotive wheel. Does anybody have an extra I can buy, or know where I might be able to find one? Any help appreciated. Thanks. 703 - seven nine eight - 6323.
Old 05-22-2016, 07:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B Ford FE from Southern Automotive
Not Ranked     

Very hard to find and not cheap but I may be able to help you. First I need to know what type of HB center do you have? Don't know if you are aware but there are two different type of centers for the Compomotive HB wheel. One mounts with via recessed bolts on the front of the spinner and the other uses recessed set screws in the wheel center.
Old 05-23-2016, 10:13 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rowan Replicars, 352 4V
Not Ranked     

If your wheels use the set screw in the wheel center, here is what I have done.

Take off the spinner and you see where the set screw makes contact, should be in the groove of the spinner. Take a drill and make a small indentation so the set screw can locate in the hole, don't drill through the spinner, just make an indentation.

Tighten up the set screw, then use another on top with some Locktite, you should have enough wheel material to get two set screws in the hole.

This works for me, the second set screw just prevents the first from backing out.
Old 05-24-2016, 04:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hi Texas Snake - I believe I am the latter. With recessed screws holding in place from the sides of the center. I could send a picture of the wheel without the center cap, and another picture of the wheel with the center cap in place, it if it helps. Thanks for any help.
Old 05-24-2016, 05:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi DOOOS, I have plenty of experience with trying to find Compomotive HB wheels and parts. I loved the wheels but finding parts has become next to impossible. I damaged a 17" front wheel in the summer of 2013 and that started my search and education on what happened to these wheels and any spare parts. Bottom line is that about the time I started looking for a replacement wheel Compomotive declared bankruptcy. Unfortunately, the financial institution had all of the spare parts inventory sold off for scrap. I ended up going with a set of 17" American Racing Vintage 427 wheel that Shelby endorsed. Beautiful wheel and a great setup from Bob Lacey at Vintage Wheel in San Diego. I do have have a complete set of 16" wheels with the bolt on center and three 17" wheels that used the type of center that I think you have on your car. I'm willing to part with any combination of wheels or part so maybe we can work something out. Let me know what you may want to do.
Old 05-28-2016, 09:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Texas Snake,

You'd be a God-send if you have that Center Cap! I'd buy 1 or all 3 (in case I lost another) that you might have. What would you sell them for? I can send you a picture of what I've got if that would be helpful. My cell is 703 - seven nine eight - 6323, if you want to call me direct and chat. Jim
Old 06-18-2016, 10:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kellison Stallion 468 FE
Not Ranked     

well, i need to jump on this bandwagon too, had one fly off my wheel last night.
i stopped and found it, but two of the 3 ears were broken off.
so add me to the " anyone have any" mine are the set screw type
email me if you do
Old 06-19-2016, 09:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Sold a set of 4 to DOOOS earlier this month and I think he may have a spare available. I contacted him to let him know you were in need of one so expect to hear something soon.
Old 06-19-2016, 01:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kellison Stallion 468 FE
Not Ranked     

appreciate it, i'm over in San antonio, you guys still using boats to get around?

Last edited by FWB; 06-19-2016 at 01:26 PM.. Reason: smiley
Old 06-19-2016, 03:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

FWB - I bought 4 from Texas Snake last month, and I have used one myself and I'm keeping at least one as a spare, which means I have one I could part with. Text me directly at 703- seven nine eight - 6323 if you are interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FWB View Post
well, i need to jump on this bandwagon too, had one fly off my wheel last night.
i stopped and found it, but two of the 3 ears were broken off.
so add me to the " anyone have any" mine are the set screw type
email me if you do
Old 06-19-2016, 04:42 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 4772 old iron FE
Not Ranked     

Working on a small batch of them at the moment. I'll let you guys know when they're done and see who else needs them.
FWB and joyridin' like this.
Old 06-26-2016, 04:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters
Not Ranked     

Hey in need of a spinner. Any chance I could buy one from you in you still have one?
Old 06-27-2016, 03:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I do have another set of the hard to find Compomotive HB centers that I would consider selling. They are the type that use the socket head screw to mount them to the wheel. Let me know if you are interested.
Old 06-27-2016, 03:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hmmm. The ones I have require 3 small
alan screws to lock them in place. Doesnt sound like the ones you have. If they are ill take em.
Old 06-27-2016, 05:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

RedHawk, I'm aware of the version that you currently have as I have owned both types. The one you have is the type that I had on my car and sold to DOOOS a earlier this month. However, the Compomotive HB wheels that I have owned would accept both type of spinners. Check the three holes that are drilled into the face of your wheels for threading. It they have been threaded this type of spinner will bolt directly to your wheels.
Old 06-30-2016, 10:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSnake View Post
RedHawk, I'm aware of the version that you currently have as I have owned both types. The one you have is the type that I had on my car and sold to DOOOS a earlier this month. However, the Compomotive HB wheels that I have owned would accept both type of spinners. Check the three holes that are drilled into the face of your wheels for threading. It they have been threaded this type of spinner will bolt directly to your wheels.
You know not getting anywhere and Im wondering if youll part with one spinner? I know its slightly different from the ones I have but it will fit.
Thoughts? How much? PM me.
Old 06-30-2016, 10:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSnake View Post
When do you think you might have some ready?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmate View Post
Working on a small batch of them at the moment. I'll let you guys know when they're done and see who else needs them.
Old 07-06-2016, 03:03 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 4772 old iron FE
Not Ranked     

I sold my last ones so don't have one here to measure. Somebody with one in hand should get in touch with me about a dimension-ed sketch so we can run some center plugs to put these on them. Trigo Wheels | Wheels For Your Cobra!
Old 07-06-2016, 04:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmate View Post
I sold my last ones so don't have one here to measure. Somebody with one in hand should get in touch with me about a dimension-ed sketch so we can run some center plugs to put these on them. Trigo Wheels | Wheels For Your Cobra!
I could provide those measurements. I still have 3 left and of course the wheels.
Old 06-22-2017, 10:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default compomotive spinner

we make a retro-fit spinner for them , and several other mfgs. wheels. compomotive used 2 different mounts we can do both styles.
give us a call
scott

Tags
center cap, compomotive, wheels

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: