Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Tires and Wheels (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/tires-wheels/)
-   -   SunBurst Knock Off Wheels (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/tires-wheels/99475-sunburst-knock-off-wheels.html)

DanEC 11-14-2016 03:00 PM

You might note also, this is one of the last 427 cars without the oil cooler opening under the grill. I don't remember the exact number but not a lot of them were built.

brodie 05-25-2017 05:55 PM

Whas a good wheel cleaner for cobra wheels.I tried mothers hot wheels witch sucked

franklin 09-21-2020 04:56 PM

Just curious, did these rims ever come to fruition? I'd still like to find a set for my Kirkham. If possible I would like them to be the narrower width Rim in the front and the wider width rim for the rear same offset as the Trigo's that I currently have that came on the car. Love the gold rendered centers as well.

Tony Ripepi 09-21-2020 05:22 PM

Hi Franklin,

One of our local BACC guys bought them and put them on an ERA street roadster.

Same width front and rear, ERA made accommodations for the correct fit in the wheel well on the rear,

They look great, terrific, quality, fit and finish

Tony R.

66gtk 09-21-2020 08:16 PM

Gary makes them!

1985 CCX 09-22-2020 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 66gtk (Post 1482977)
Gary makes them!

I second Gary, that is where I bought mine.

DanEC 09-22-2020 06:57 AM

Does he have a website or market them through any vendors?

1985 CCX 09-22-2020 09:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I beleive so, but I would reserve that answer for him.

ACHiPo 09-24-2020 08:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I bought a set of Gary's wheels. Very nice!

1ntCobra 09-29-2020 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1985 CCX (Post 1482991)
I second Gary, that is where I bought mine.

OK. Let's see a picture of your sunbursts? Which car are they on? Probably not the gold car or the MkIV... :confused:

Alfa02 09-29-2020 01:29 PM

There's still Nothing like a BRG Street 427, huh ACHiPo Of course we maybe Bias :) We still have to (after the virus thing thing is over) meet up with our fellow BRG 427 street car owner in Colo.? Wasn't it? I'll meet half way (Someplace in Ore.) for a tour, We may have bring a Cobra friend or two, good for you ? Cheers TommyRot.

1985 CCX 09-29-2020 02:17 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1ntCobra (Post 1483391)
OK. Let's see a picture of your sunbursts? Which car are they on? Probably not the gold car or the MkIV... :confused:

Correct!
The Gold car and the MKIV are using the magnesium race (FIA) mag wheels. 6.5" front and 8.5" on Goldie and 6.5" all around on the MKIV.
If you are questioning my purchase I can go and pull them from the box. :)

Planned to run them on the MKIV however the MKIV has the muffler under the rear left fender. The offsett on the Sunburst put the bias tire too close to that heat source thus I had to fall back on the FIA's. :(

1ntCobra 09-29-2020 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1985 CCX (Post 1483398)
Correct!
The Gold car and the MKIV are using the magnesium race (FIA) mag wheels. 6.5" front and 8.5" on Goldie and 6.5" all around on the MKIV.
If you are questioning my purchase I can go and pull them from the box. :)

Planned to run them on the MKIV however the MKIV has the muffler under the rear left fender. The offsett on the Sunburst put the bias tire too close to that heat source thus I had to fall back on the FIA's. :(

I was wondering if the sunbursts might have been for a mysterious car that was in the background one of your pictures that you did not want to talk about at the time... ;)

ACHiPo 09-29-2020 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alfa02 (Post 1483395)
There's still Nothing like a BRG Street 427, huh ACHiPo Of course we maybe Bias :) We still have to (after the virus thing thing is over) meet up with our fellow BRG 427 street car owner in Colo.? Wasn't it? I'll meet half way (Someplace in Ore.) for a tour, We may have bring a Cobra friend or two, good for you ? Cheers TommyRot.

Sounds like a plan! Finally made it down to Big Sur this past weekend with a few Cobras. Brian Deeny (the CO guy) planned a trip down the coast this year, but that got scuttled.

1985 CCX 09-29-2020 08:21 PM

Nope, Shhh
That car S/C getting Mag Haibrands ;)

1985 CCX 09-29-2020 08:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Was slated for MKIV but now keeping the box company

NOS-EDDIE 09-30-2020 07:39 PM

If you’re partial to Sunbursts then build a Narrow Hip 427 and really show them off.